• Christ is Risen!
  • Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

‘Volcano of Homosexuality’: Copts Organize Conference to Treat Gay People

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.rt.com/news/405140-volcano-homosexuality-egypt-coptic-christians/

The Coptic Church in Egypt has reportedly organized a conference entitled "The Volcano of Homosexuality" which will offer a variety of ways to "treat" homosexuality.

St. Mark's Orthodox Coptic Cathedral in Alexandria will set up the event to increase awareness about "treatments" for homosexuality and how best to ensure a "speedy recovery," reports The New Arab.

youssef

Elder
Reaction score
i am trying to search what they speak in the cobference but i am not found.

But first they should ask for the freedom of the people arrested in a party because of a homosexual flag and then they can speak what they want

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch
Just don't get too excited when you read that name.

youssef

Elder
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
I think this comment should be deleted.

The problem you will not get the idea. I don't know in what country you live and in what situation, but the situation in egypt is becoming so disgusting.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch
From the US. And trust me here "Volcano of Homosexuality" would have different connotations.

youssef

Elder
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
From the US. And trust me here "Volcano of Homosexuality" would have different connotations.
I know, also the name that they choose for the conference is weird

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
youssef said:
the situation in egypt is becoming so disgusting.
You mean 7 people holding up a rainbow flag at a concert?

youssef

Elder
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
youssef said:
They have been arrested for that. But that is not why the situation is becoming so disgusting.( I don't know is disgusting is the right word to use maybe painful is better).
Sure the problem of the rainbow flag is not a priority in our prisoned country but sure I feel that I must be in solidarity with them.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
Some judge in Brazil recently deemed inconstitutional the decision of the Federal Psychology Council to impeach psychologists who researched or offered reversion therapy, so scandalous liberals went amok claiming they were instituting gay cure or something.

augustin717 said:
LOL

IreneOlinyk

High Elder
Reaction score
youssef said:
Asteriktos said:
youssef said:
They have been arrested for that. But that is not why the situation is becoming so disgusting.( I don't know is disgusting is the right word to use maybe painful is better).
Sure the problem of the rainbow flag is not a priority in our prisoned country but sure I feel that I must be in solidarity with them.
Did they get arrested or not?

Last Friday, Mashrou' Leila, a Lebanese band whose lead singer is openly gay, performed at the Music Park Festival in Cairo and several rainbow flags were photographed among the audience.

In an apparent move to placate public opinion, the Egyptian authorities later claimed seven of the flag-waving fans had been arrested for “promoting sexual deviancy”. However, Scott Long, who has written extensively about LGBT issues in Egypt doubts the claim is true. He points out that the concert took place in New Cairo and lawyers have so far been unable to trace anyone in the New Cairo jail who was arrested as a result of the concert.

Meanwhile, attempts are being made to link an apparently separate case, in another part of Cairo, to the flag-waving affair.

On Tuesday, al-Dostor newspaper reported that a student identified only as "Mustafa W. M." had been convicted of "inciting debauchery" and "declaring himself queer". The court, in the Dokki district of Cairo, sentenced him to six years in jail, a fine of 300 Egyptian pounds ($17), and a period of supervision equal to his jail sentence.

According to al-Dostor's report, the student was arrested after attending the Mashrou' Leila concert. Scott Long suggests this was an attempt by police to show they are on top of the flag-waving affair by linking an unrelated case to the concert. 
http://al-bab.com/blog/2017/09/coptic-church-tackles-egypts-volcano-homosexuality

Avdima

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Seeking
Jurisdiction
Caliphate of The Overthere...
Egypt "hunting down" gays, conducting forced anal exams

Source: Reuters

#WORLD NEWS SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 / 7:48 AM / UPDATED 6 HOURS AGO

CAIRO (Reuters) - Six Egyptian men arrested for “promoting sexual deviancy” and “debauchery” on social media will be subjected to anal examinations ahead of their Oct. 1 trial, Amnesty International said on Saturday.

Their arrest is part of a wider crackdown against homosexuality that started last week when a group of people were seen raising a rainbow flag at a concert, a rare public show of support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights in the conservative Muslim country.

At least 11 people have since been arrested, Amnesty said, and one man has been sentenced to six years in jail after local media launched a highly critical campaign against those who raised the rainbow flag at a Mashrou’ Leila concert, a popular Lebanese alternative rock band whose lead singer is openly gay.

Amnesty said the Forensic Medical Authority was due to subject the six men to anal examinations to determine whether they have had homosexual sex. Judicial sources said any defendant accused of “debauchery” or “sexual deviancy”, a euphemism for homosexuality in Egypt, is subjected to a medical examination based on an order from the Public Prosecutor.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-egypt-rights/egypt-hunting-down-gays-conducting-forced-anal-exams-amnesty-idUSKCN1C50D3?il=0

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
Avdima said:
Egypt "hunting down" gays, conducting forced anal exams

Source: Reuters

#WORLD NEWS SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 / 7:48 AM / UPDATED 6 HOURS AGO

CAIRO (Reuters) - Six Egyptian men arrested for “promoting sexual deviancy” and “debauchery” on social media will be subjected to anal examinations ahead of their Oct. 1 trial, Amnesty International said on Saturday.

Their arrest is part of a wider crackdown against homosexuality that started last week when a group of people were seen raising a rainbow flag at a concert, a rare public show of support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights in the conservative Muslim country.

At least 11 people have since been arrested, Amnesty said, and one man has been sentenced to six years in jail after local media launched a highly critical campaign against those who raised the rainbow flag at a Mashrou’ Leila concert, a popular Lebanese alternative rock band whose lead singer is openly gay.

Amnesty said the Forensic Medical Authority was due to subject the six men to anal examinations to determine whether they have had homosexual sex. Judicial sources said any defendant accused of “debauchery” or “sexual deviancy”, a euphemism for homosexuality in Egypt, is subjected to a medical examination based on an order from the Public Prosecutor.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-egypt-rights/egypt-hunting-down-gays-conducting-forced-anal-exams-amnesty-idUSKCN1C50D3?il=0
Wow, that's some ridiculousness right there.