• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

2014 Western Rite Conference

Sleeper

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
The biennial conference of the AWRV will be held from Tuesday, August 5 through Friday, August 8 at Saints Cyril & Methodius Seminary in Orchard Lake, Michigan.

The theme for the conference will be based on 1 Cor. 9:25, "Every man that striveth for mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible." Presentations will focus on discipline and the spiritual life.

Bp. JOHN (Abdalah) will attend and address the conference attendees. There will be daily Mass with Vespers and Lauds.

Invitation is open to all. Price, accommodations, registration forms, etc., will be available soon.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Does HG celebrate services or just attend them?

Sleeper

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Good question, unfortunately I don't have an answer. I know HG has only recently become the auxiliary bishop for the Western Rite, so I'm not sure how familiar he is with the actual liturgy.

PJ

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cool.  8) I don't suppose the address will be "podcasted" (like they do with the Orientale Lumen Conferences)?