A Blessing for all of you from me...The Aaronic blessing in Hebrew

Cantor Krishnich

High Elder
Reaction score
*face-palm*

That's a nice gesture but I'd much rather receive blessings from an Orthodox Christian priest.

I dont mean to be rude when I say that the "Messianic Jews" very badly mispronounce Hebrew and the various Jewish chant tones.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Messianic Jews always strike me as people who would be really good at LARPing.  :laugh:

Romaios

Archon
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Messianic Jews always strike me as people who would be really good at LARPing.  :laugh:
Here's what the real thing looks like: Birkhat Kohanim at the Kotel (Temple wall) - ברכת כהנים בכותל המערבי בסוכות

The kohanim are supposed to have their faces completely covered in the talit when they are called forward to give the Aaronic blessing. Blessing hands look like this (if you see them on a tomb in a Jewish cemetery, it belongs to a kohen):

Reaction score
Romaios said:
TheTrisagion said:
Here's what the real thing looks like: Birkhat Kohanim at the Kotel (Temple wall) - ברכת כהנים בכותל המערבי בסוכות

The kohanim are supposed to have their faces completely covered in the talit when they are called forward to give the Aaronic blessing. Blessing hands look like this (if you see them on a tomb in a Jewish cemetery, it belongs to a kohen):

Yes, I have seen that video before. Again, that is a tradition.  Yes, it is supposed to represent the letter shin. Jewish tradition states the Divine Presence would shine through the fingers of the priests as they blessed the people, and no one was allowed to look at this out of respect for God.  The Kohen is not the only one allowed to recite it.