A BRIEF PUBLIC NOTE ON WHY I LEFT THE ORTHODOX CHURCH

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Some of you already know it, others don't, but yes, I left. Some people are asking me about my reasons, so I think I owe you an explanation. To put it simply, the liturgy was over, the deacon was already closing the doors and if I didn't leave I'd get locked inside. At least next Sunday I'll be back.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m still laughing. My kids liked the gif. 😂

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Some of you already know it, others don't, but yes, I left. Some people are asking me about my reasons, so I think I owe you an explanation. To put it simply, the liturgy was over, the deacon was already closing the doors and if I didn't leave I'd get locked inside. At least next Sunday I'll be back.
I was so scared...a wave of depression swept over me. Even now that I know you were kidding, I feel nauseated imagining a world in which you were not Orthodox anymore.

Hawkeye

Hyperprōtopansebastohalieus
Reaction score
I was so scared...a wave of depression swept over me. Even now that I know you were kidding, I feel nauseated imagining a world in which you were not Orthodox anymore.
I figure you're joking but I was certainly bothered for much too long after reading Rapha's post.

Last edited:

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
This made me laugh. Thanks for the smile, RaphaCam!

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Sorry, bro! It could only be a joke. There were dark times I felt my faith was disturbing my enjoying life and I yearned for the bliss of ignorance, but despite my shortcomings and absolute lazyness in everything faith-related, at least God blesses me with endurance of belief.

At least now I seem to have figured out how to quote posts.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Sorry, bro! It could only be a joke. There were dark times I felt my faith was disturbing my enjoying life and I yearned for the bliss of ignorance, but despite my shortcomings and absolute lazyness in everything faith-related, at least God blesses me with endurance of belief.

At least now I seem to have figured out how to quote posts.
You are loved by Mor Ephrem.

Eamonomae

Julian the Apostate
Warned
Reaction score
If you are going to liturgy to escape from your problems in your life, you are damning your soul.