• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

A Happy New Year 2010!

AlexanderOfBergamo

High Elder
Reaction score
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
I know I'm anticipating a little bit, but the New Year is coming fast and I won't have time in the next few days.
In a few hours (well, some more for those of you who live in America) we will be with our beloved ones waiting for 2010 with the traditional countdown for midnight.
It's really been a pleasure to pass this year 2009 Anno Domini with all of you, despite there might have been discussions etc. Anyway, this is the right moment to wish you all an happy New Year, hoping that it might be better then the one which is now almost over. Not only the civil world is in celebration, but the Church too. Orthodox Christians celebrate the Circumcision of Christ, when the Most Holy Name by which everyone in heaven, on earth, and under the earth, is bound to kneel; Roman Catholics also add the celebration of the Mother of God, the title given at Ephesus in 431. In this day of great joy, let's pray together our Lord.

The Most Holy Trinity may bless you all and grant us a better New Year then the one which is now over. In the last decade we have faced international crisis, terrorism, wars, nationalistic hatred, economical catastrophes, natural disasters, political and social tensions...  May the Lord look with His mercy at our world afflicted by many plagues, and may He grant peace, welfare, and happiness to those who love Him. Also, may the Blessed Virgin Mary and Mother of God, whose name is the most powerful in the heavenly hosts, cover us all in her mantle of protection. Amen.

A Happy New Year to all of you! See you in 2010!

In Christ,
Alex

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Many Years to All!

And Happy New Year to Fr. Ambrose, Prodromos, Ekhristosanesti, OzGeorge and everyone else who live in the lands of tommorrow, where 2010 has already come.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
For anyone who's interested, there's a countdown timer here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/newyear.html

It's set to UTC by default, but it's completely customizable to every time zone, including the ones at :15 and :30 Zulu. It's 11:47 in Tokyo right now, so you've just got time to run to the store for some lanterns!

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
For those who  follow the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Calendar invented by Righteous Julius Caesar: Happy New Year!

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
Thank You!

:D

Happy New Year!

I wish everyone a peaceful, blessed, healthy and joyous 2010!

Lord, have mercy and patience with us all!

Father Paul Andrew

Reaction score
Greetings in Peace and Brotherhood,
      I want to wise every one a Happy New year. I know I am late on this subject, but I have been busy since being consecrated Bishop back in June. I hope every one a pleasant Christmas and a joyful New Year. My Blessings be with you all through out the year.

Rt. Rev. Bishop. Paul. Andrew