A Psalter for Prayer new edition

Brilko

Elder
Reaction score
A new edition of a Psalter for Prayer is available in hardcover. It’s smaller (2XL rather than 4XL). They omitted the ribbons. They removed the Hebrew letters that had been used in certain psalms. They fixed some typographical errors and corrected the versification in some of the canticles.

I found the Hebrew distracting and I have an intense fear of ribbons. This edition should be much better for me.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Fear of all ribbons?  Or fear of attached ribbons in books?

Brilko

Elder
Reaction score
I was bitten by Tony Orlando which lead to a fear of yellow ribbons. Gradually, the fear grew to all ribbons. I’m even starting to avoid rib-eye.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Brilko said:
I was bitten by Tony Orlando which lead to a fear of yellow ribbons. Gradually, the fear grew to all ribbons. I’m even starting to avoid rib-eye.
Tony Orlando still has teeth?  I'm impressed.

platypus

High Elder
Reaction score
I have it. It’s very nice; large print but light enough to hold in the hands. I wish there were ribbons though.

Clare G.

Reaction score
Does the text itself differ from the earlier version? I was quite keen to acquire a copy but was quoted in excess of US$90 for sending it to Australia. :(

Deborah

Reaction score
Clare G. said:
Does the text itself differ from the earlier version? I was quite keen to acquire a copy but was quoted in excess of US$90 for sending it to Australia. :(
Clare G where were you going to order your copy from?  I obtained a copy of the Psalter for Prayer (pocket version) from Book Depository for the listed price; postage was free (to New Zealand).  Mine is a first edition though, I don't know if Book Depository has the latest version available.

Hth
Deborah