• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Adventist

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’ve recently been conversing with an Adventist on social media. I’m going to invite him to these forums. This is a much better format for our discussion, plus, I think these are the best Christian forums on the Internet. I’ve learned so much here! I’m hoping he comes here to share his prospective, while also hearing some Orthodox Christian perspectives. He really seems to engage the discussion in good faith so I feel he would be an interesting addition to the forums. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an Adventist on here before, so it might be interesting. I’m going to give him the link to this thread. If you have time, please leave him a comment welcoming him to the forum. Hopefully we can encourage him to join us for discussion. Thanks everyone! Please say a pray for me and my family.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
Well so much for that! Before I invited him, it turned ugly. No matter which scripture I provided, it wasn’t good enough. He wanted a scripture verse that specifically says the sabbath was changed. I said “fair enough. Let’s assume you’re right about the sabbath for the moment. Please tell me where in the Bible it tells you which books belong in the Bible. You’re OT is different from Catholics and Orthodox, please cite from scripture why your OT cannon is the official one. Then after that, please show me where it says ‘200-300 years after Jesus, Christians men will choose 27 books and letters(out of hundreds) to make up the NT “.

He had previously engaged with the content of my post, but after asking the above questions, he started replying with stuff like this:

611DE8FD-1558-4578-AA1B-8465E7EE632B.jpeg