After the death of animails

walter1234

High Elder
Reaction score
From the view of Orthodoxy, will the animals totally disappear after they die?
Are there any animals in the Kingdom of God?

Jetavan

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.esoteric.msu.edu
walter1234 said:
If God created animals in the beginning, then animals probably will be in the Kingdom.

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Jetavan said:
walter1234 said:
If God created animals in the beginning, then animals probably will be in the Kingdom.
I hope so

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
theistgal said:
We know there will be at least 4 horses.
I always wondered why they'd be riding horses.  Giant cassowaries would be much more apocalyptic. 

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Eastern Mind said:
Or T-Rex's. Now those would be fun.
When you think about it, T-Rexes could be considered giant cassowaries, in an evolutionary way of thinking...

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Jetavan said:
walter1234 said:
God created slime. Animals were just the middle part while God was waiting for us!  :angel:

IoanC

Archon
Reaction score
God does not destroy what He creates. Death is an unnatural occurrence both for us and animals. Since God is love that extends as far as possible, He will have to re-created the animals, as well, at His Second Coming. I've heard this view expressed in The Church, but I can't point you to any sources, except maybe Fr. Thomas Hopko, if you can find where he said this.

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
IoanC said:
God does not destroy what He creates. Death is an unnatural occurrence both for us and animals. Since God is love that extends as far as possible, He will have to re-created the animals, as well, at His Second Coming. I've heard this view expressed in The Church, but I can't point you to any sources, except maybe Fr. Thomas Hopko, if you can find where he said this.
I'm not sure if it's unnatural for animals. I've heard a few different opinions on this. Some talk about death occurring in the Garden before the Fall - as it would have had to for Adam and Eve to eat, even if they were only eating plants. Others say that only humans were created with the potential for immortality, and animals weren't.

stavros_388

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
IoanC said:
God does not destroy what He creates. Death is an unnatural occurrence both for us and animals. Since God is love that extends as far as possible, He will have to re-created the animals, as well, at His Second Coming.
I hope He doesn't recreate mosquitoes.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
stavros_388 said:
IoanC said:
God does not destroy what He creates. Death is an unnatural occurrence both for us and animals. Since God is love that extends as far as possible, He will have to re-created the animals, as well, at His Second Coming.
I hope He doesn't recreate mosquitoes.
Or roaches.  :p

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
walter1234 said:
I think that something of how that animal glorified God and gave thanks to God through the way it existed will be redeemed and re-capitulated in the Kingdom of God.

But the animal as a hypostasis? No, all flourishing beasts return to their source.

walter1234 said:
I presume there will be animals in the Kingdom of God, as God chose to create them and continually sustains them and relates to them lovingly.

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
IoanC said:
God does not destroy what He creates. Death is an unnatural occurrence both for us and animals.
You must at least acknowledge that God facilitates the death of animals.

"The young lions roar for their prey, seeking their food from God."

IoanC

Archon
Reaction score
NicholasMyra said:
IoanC said:
God does not destroy what He creates. Death is an unnatural occurrence both for us and animals.
You must at least acknowledge that God facilitates the death of animals.

"The young lions roar for their prey, seeking their food from God."
I acknowledge, as long as you are not suggesting that God relishes the opportunity to facilitate death.  :) The fact that He needs to feed animals in such a horrific way is again just another unnatural consequence of the fall into sin.

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
IoanC said:
The fact that He needs to feed animals in such a horrific way is again just another unnatural consequence of the fall into sin.
I often wonder...

Is it horrific because it's horrific, or is it horrific because we don't butcher our own food anymore?

IoanC

Archon
Reaction score
NicholasMyra said:
IoanC said:
The fact that He needs to feed animals in such a horrific way is again just another unnatural consequence of the fall into sin.
I often wonder...

Is it horrific because it's horrific, or is it horrific because we don't butcher our own food anymore?
The fact that we don't butcher our food anymore is proof that humanity can progress given the chance.

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
IoanC said:
NicholasMyra said:
IoanC said:
I often wonder...

The fact that we don't butcher our food anymore is proof that humanity can progress given the chance.
But we do, I mean, we do it in a factory, just not at home.

IoanC

Archon
Reaction score
NicholasMyra said:
IoanC said:
NicholasMyra said:
IoanC said:
I often wonder...

But we do, I mean, we do it in a factory, just not at home.
Well, one day, we won't anymore.