Ambivalence

sprtslvr1973

High Elder
Reaction score
Very short post.
I am fighting what may be the most destructive state to Christian spirituality, in fact struggling with militant Atheism might be a better state as it requires a fight of sorts. Revelation 3:16 "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth," should wake me up, and yet it does not.
Prayers are greatly appreciated, but so are advice for reinvigorating my faith.
I used to be hot, and want to want it again.

homedad76

High Elder
Reaction score
My only advice would be to first be sure you are not confusing lukewarm-ness with integration.  What I mean (and I'm sure there are better terms) is our Faith should become an integrated part of our lives and be the central light that illumines everything we do in some way.  I have had times when I worry that because I don't feel that fire in my belly that must mean my Faith is fading.  But I know it is not but that, instead, that fire is still there it is just more of a soft glow then a raging inferno.  Our Faith should become our "normal" and normal is never going to feel intense.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
Pray, even if you don't feel like it.  In fact, if you don't feel like it, pray more than usual.  ;)

Mostly don't stress.  We all have our ups and downs....and you'll come back around.

Just don't give up.  Keep fighting.