• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

AN ADDRESS TO THE ROCA (L)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogoliubtsy

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Other
Jurisdiction
Other
Oh, if Father Seraphim Rose could see his picture sitting next to an exhortation delivered by a bishop of ROAC. :smiley8:

Elisha

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
You need a yawning smiley. This is similar: ::)

Keble

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I don't suppose that you're going to read this, Mr. Reeves, but I see Fr. Mark has objected to your post, and he has made a reply concerning Joe Zollars's anomalous state that applies equally to you. And funny thing: he uses almost the same words that I used in decrying that same anomaly.

It keeps coming back to the same point. Bishop Gregory of ROAC (and I notice how you omitted that crucial identification) has a personal history of his own which renders his own words very suspect. If I may be excused for a rather rude comparison, he sounds like the fisherman's wife in Grimm's fairy tale. He has moved from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, securing better and better titles along the way. What will happen when he decides he should be patriarch? Will he end up as the head of his own cockamamie "Orthodox" "church"? After that, the only thing left is to become Michael Travesser!

Keble

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Bogoliubtsy said:
Oh, if Father Seraphim Rose could see his picture sitting next to an exhortation delivered by a bishop of ROAC. :smiley8:
I was wondering whom Mr. Reeves was dressing up as. :-[ ::) :p

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
[surface]he might just rejoice and agree! but most likely not as he was a staunch proponet of the neo-gnostic theory of the toll booths.[/surface]

Anastasios

Merarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasioshudson.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Old Calendarist
Ah, so now Joe Zollars is a disciple of Archbishop Lazar (Puhalo)? At least he would be going "canonical"...

anastasios

Innocent

Elder
Reaction score
This man lived as a monk in wilderness for many years. Before criticizing him you might want to at the very least be Orthodox for a few years!

JoeZollars said:
[surface]he might just rejoice and agree! but most likely not as he was a staunch proponet of the neo-gnostic theory of the toll booths.[/surface]

Innocent

Elder
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Archbishop Lazar is now under the OCA?

I had a correspondence with him a year or so back. He is a very nice and humble man.

anastasios said:
Ah, so now Joe Zollars is a disciple of Archbishop Lazar (Puhalo)? At least he would be going "canonical"...

anastasios

Bogoliubtsy

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Other
Jurisdiction
Other
"How tragic that some are now leading their flocks(albeit still very small flocks) out of communion with the only people who can still teach them what Orthodoxy is and help them to wake up from their fantasies of a 'super-correct' Orthodoxy that exists nowhere in the world."
-Fr. Seraphim Rose

Innocent

Elder
Reaction score
This is a very good quote. And very sadly true!

Bogoliubtsy said:
"How tragic that some are now leading their flocks(albeit still very small flocks) out of communion with the only people who can still teach them what Orthodoxy is and help them to wake up from their fantasies of a 'super-correct' Orthodoxy that exists nowhere in the world."

Keble

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Gee, I never liked Seraphim Rose all that much, but now I'm starting to turn into one of his fans. :eek:

Linus7

Archon
Reaction score
If I may be excused for a rather rude comparison, he sounds like the fisherman's wife in Grimm's fairy tale.
And all this time I thought Pushkin made up that story! ;)

Remie

High Elder
Reaction score
Wasn't Joe an ultraconservative Traditional Latin Rite Christian, follower of Archbishop Lefebvre?

I think I'm getting lost.

Linus7

Archon
Reaction score
he might just rejoice and agree! but most likely not as he was a staunch proponet of the neo-gnostic theory of the toll booths
Hey! I've been on the New York State Thru-Way and have actually seen the toll booths!

Does that make me a Neo-Gnostic?

But, then, I am not a proponent of them, so I guess I'm still Orthodox.

;D

SamB

High Elder
Reaction score
Keble said:
It keeps coming back to the same point. Bishop Gregory of ROAC (and I notice how you omitted that crucial identification) has a personal history of his own which renders his own words very suspect.
No fooling! Astoundingly, a short probe into the man's history reveals him to be Lebanese in extract (on a serious note, that's flabbergasting). Now you can be sure Syrians everywhere, like myself, will never be joining this jurisdiction! I must say outright that I would hate to identify the Church with an organisation co-lead by the Keanu Reeves* of bishops. They both have the same ever-confused look on their faces.

Then again, the last remnant of Orthodoxy may just have a Maronite mole amongst its ranks without even realising it. The smell of sulphurous intrigue grows more pungent.

Permit these few flippant, facetious comments on this deserving a topic. Of course, no offence towards the Lebanese intended, rest assured. :)

*Lebanese-born, Matrix inquirers.

In IC XC
Samer

Serge

Archon
Reaction score
Website
sergesblog.blogspot.com
Faith
Catholic
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Archdiocese of Philadelphia
One thing from his bio that I don't get: he ditched the Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch - the jurisdiction of his birth - for ROCOR around 1965 for being soft on ecumenism. But ROCOR sent observers to Vatican II.

Anastasios

Merarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasioshudson.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Old Calendarist
OK, enough talk about ROAC. Please people, Zollars and Reeves have quit the board so let's just leave it at that.

Also, while I agree in substance with Keble's concerns for the man linked in this thread, he is not a participant on our board so is it really fair to talk about him behind his back?

anastasios

Status
Not open for further replies.