• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

An exam coming up

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Loc
Website
www.iheu.org
Foolishly, I decided to take a condensed, accelerated course this summer.  The workload and pace the course moved at has been absolutely unreal.  :p  Thankfully I have been able to maintain a decent mark during the term, but the exam is worth 50% and can easily make or break my mark.  Please keep my classmates and myself in your prays for our final on Saturday.  That we maintain the knowledge we have learned, and our sanity of course (engineering students can get awfully intense).   :laugh:

Thanks!

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

Greetings from the coming fellow engineering students (since this October).

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.iheu.org
mike said:
Greetings from the coming fellow engineering students (since this October).
Great to hear you are entering engineering!  What type?  I'm actually in Computer Science, but a lot of the courses are for both Comp Science and Computer Engineering students.  When they are off taking physics, we are taking more theoretical computer courses.  :p

Thank you both for your prayers.

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Nebelpfade said:
Foolishly, I decided to take a condensed, accelerated course this summer.  The workload and pace the course moved at has been absolutely unreal.  :p  Thankfully I have been able to maintain a decent mark during the term, but the exam is worth 50% and can easily make or break my mark.  Please keep my classmates and myself in your prays for our final on Saturday.  That we maintain the knowledge we have learned, and our sanity of course (engineering students can get awfully intense).   :laugh:

Thanks!
If I were you, I would work out as many problems as I could, focussing especially on those problems which are the most difficult. It helps to be able to check your answers if that is at all possible.
Good luck.
May Lord have mercy on you and on other conscientious and hardworking students.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Nebelpfade said:
Great to hear you are entering engineering!  What type?  I'm actually in Computer Science, but a lot of the courses are for both Comp Science and Computer Engineering students.  When they are off taking physics, we are taking more theoretical computer courses.  :p
I haven't taken IT because typing codes all the time make me scared. I've chosen something called Mechanics, energetics and aviation where you choose the course after a year of studying that all together. The names of the courses on Warsaw Technological University were so strange (like Mechatronics or Automatics and robotics) so I've chosen the one I understand most :D I'll see how is it like.

Heorhij

Merarches
Reaction score
Columbus, MS, USA (Originally from Ukraine)
Website
www.muw.edu
Heavenly Kind, the Counselor, the Spirit of Truth, You Who are everywhere and Who fills everything, come down and dwell in us, and purify us from all uncleanness, and save our souls, You the Good One. Lord, help your faithful servant Nebelphade to pass his difficult exam!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nebelpfade said:
Thank you all for your prayers.  Exam was a long one, but it seemed to go fairly well.  :D
Glory to God.  I pray this is reflected in your grade!

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Nebelpfade said:
Well, I received a healthy 3.7, so I am pretty happy with how it all turned out.  Class average was low though, 1.7 - 2.0.  Thank you all again!
Is that good or bad? ;) What is the marks scale?

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.iheu.org
mike said:
Nebelpfade said:
Well, I received a healthy 3.7, so I am pretty happy with how it all turned out.  Class average was low though, 1.7 - 2.0.  Thank you all again!
Is that good or bad? ;) What is the marks scale?
We follow the 4.0 GPA scale like most of the US does.

A+ 4.0
A 4.0
A- 3.7
B+ 3.3
B 3.0
B- 2.7
C+ 2.3
C 2.0
C- 1.7
D+ 1.3
D 1.0
F 0.0