• Christ is Risen!
  • Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

An excellent talk with Byzantine Catholic Father O'Loughlin

Reaction score
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Münster, Germany
Check out this very interesting talk:

I really like his unconventional views; they are both unconventional in Catholicism as well as Orthodoxy. I like how he analyzes the finer semantics in the filioque and even proposes that the Roman Catholic Church should DROP it. Very courageous!

Zelenikovo

Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
@Christian Neoplatonist interesting video, yet far away from easy reconciliation! aside the theological disputes, as the Priest pointed the popes supremacy was issue for what there was once debate but it was dismissed. this would be the unum'sanctum'bull, but also other small yet crucial things stays on the way first of all unity of Orthodoxy and just then after reconciliation between east and west ...

in similar manner I've commented in thread about purgatory ...

just know that the same is big gap for further reconciliation except the existence of filioque popes'infability and unum'sanctum etc. alike bulls that are not in Christian Spirit