An Open Appeal to Mor Ephrem

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Of late, your posts have become less theosis-y and more mortal in character. I urge you to remember that most of us only have one path to theosis, and that is through your example. I implore you to reconsider your posting habits and raise us up again to the level of deification that you have attained.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
TheTrisagion said:
Of late, your posts have become less theosis-y and more mortal in character. I urge you to remember that most of us only have one path to theosis, and that is through your example. I implore you to reconsider your posting habits and raise us up again to the level of deification that you have attained.
Many are the trials of the just.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to interject to say I'm celebrating almost a year without taking board exams. (Thank you!)

Now it's not for everyone that should be without board exams, because those who do take them can be very smart (and there are really stupid exam takers out there).

I'm implore Mor Ephrem to please clap for me.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Although the noise of my hands are mere clanging gongs compared to the melodious sound of Mor's clapping, I too will join you in celebrating your accomplishment. Well done!

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem sent me a bottle of the oil from the lampada by St. John of Shanghai's relics but I think he actually filled it with baby oil.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
minasoliman said:
I just want to interject to say I'm celebrating almost a year without taking board exams. (Thank you!)

Now it's not for everyone that should be without board exams, because those who do take them can be very smart (and there are really stupid exam takers out there).

"All peoples, clap your hands!"  (Ps 47.1a)

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Theophania said:
Mor Ephrem sent me a bottle of the oil from the lampada by St. John of Shanghai's relics but I think he actually filled it with baby oil.
Does it make you want to smell an infant's scalp?

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Theophania said:
Well I'm always sick so rather than blame St. John for not healing me through his oil, I'll just assume Mor replaced the miraculous oil with something else.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I had a bad experience with Mor Ephrem. He hurt me deeply and displayed his true character. It haunts me to this day. No need to bring up old hurts by mentioning details, though, but PM me if you want them.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Theophania said:
TheTrisagion said:
Theophania said:
Well I'm always sick so rather than blame St. John for not healing me through his oil, I'll just assume Mor replaced the miraculous oil with something else.
Pray the psalm: "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sins my mother conceived me." 

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Theophania said:
TheTrisagion said:
Theophania said:
Pray the psalm: "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sins my mother conceived me."
Leave the Theophaniatokos out of this.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I was privately chided for saying that the lampada oil hasn't helped me - I think it has. Sorry Vladyka John!

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
TheTrisagion said:
I had a bad experience with Mor Ephrem. He hurt me deeply and displayed his true character. It haunts me to this day. No need to bring up old hurts by mentioning details, though, but PM me if you want them.
Spread the word!

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Mor suffers from Invincible Ignorance and is guaranteed salvation according to the Roman Catholic Church. I volunteer you to put his soul back into Orthodoxy, so that he can be judged accordingly by his peers and reflect upon their misgivings.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Opus118 said:
Mor suffers from Invincible Ignorance and is guaranteed salvation according to the Roman Catholic Church. I volunteer you to put his soul back into Orthodoxy, so that he can be judged accordingly by his peers and reflect upon their misgivings.
At least I won't have to worry about being judged by anyone here.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Yes, Mor Ephrem, I heard he was a moderator but don't think its the same guy.

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Opus118 said:
You wish.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
J Michael said:
PeterTheAleut said:
The only good thing about spam is you can eat it.
Sliced thickly and fried in lard, it's especially good on toasted rye with mustard, raw onions, and tomato.
Well, I've heard it said--I think it was Jeff Foxworthy--that if you've ever barbecued spam on a grill... you might be a redneck.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
scamandrius said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Opus118 said:
You wish.
I'm well aware that people here judge me, you being among the first.  I just categorically deny that any of you are my peers.

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
scamandrius said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Opus118 said:
You wish.
I'm well aware that people here judge me, you being among the first.  I just categorically deny that any of you are my peers.
You're right. I'm not your peer. I am your superior, not that such is a hard feat to accomplish. 

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
scamandrius said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Opus118 said:
You wish.
Has my peerage been revoked?

...I am no longer Morquess.

Eruvande

High Elder
Reaction score
Mor has an open appeal. This we knew already.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
scamandrius said:
Mor Ephrem said:
scamandrius said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Opus118 said:
You wish.
You're right. I'm not your peer. I am your superior, not that such is a hard feat to accomplish.
Way to try to steal my thunder.  Stick to Latin. 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Antonis said:
Mor Ephrem said:
scamandrius said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Opus118 said:
You wish.
Has my peerage been revoked?

...I am no longer Morquess.
That's a different matter.  Don't worry.

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
minasoliman said:

Sounds to me like you're pretty close to Mor, at least in ways that Mor truly cares about.