• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Anxious over things

Anastasia1

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I’m kind of going through some stuff from wanting to settle a car accident I was hurt in and it’s hard to deal with. I freak out at the thought of dealing with the accident as it comes up.  :'(

Zephyr7

Reaction score
I know it's difficult to accept but the awful truth is that "a Christian fears nothing" as he or she nows that everything (except evil) comes from God - and everything that actually happens - does so because of God's will.

The hard thing is to change fear into trust - sometimes even impossible as our imagination and uncertainty is our worst enemy. In fact, such thoughts are inspired by evil.

Elder Paisios said that every one who is seeking peace should be bringing peace to others. The only thing we can do is to pray and ask God to help us with our problems and fears...

Anastasia1

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I am so sleepy today and have deadlines to meet for other people.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy on your handmaiden.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Zephyr7 said:
I know it's difficult to accept but the awful truth is that "a Christian fears nothing" as he or she nows that everything (except evil) comes from God - and everything that actually happens - does so because of God's will.

The hard thing is to change fear into trust - sometimes even impossible as our imagination and uncertainty is our worst enemy. In fact, such thoughts are inspired by evil.

Elder Paisios said that every one who is seeking peace should be bringing peace to others. The only thing we can do is to pray and ask God to help us with our problems and fears...
Zephyr, the Prayer forum is for simple prayer and praise only, no advice or commentary.  If you feel moved to offer these, please do so via PM. 
Thanks.  —Ainnir 

Anastasia1

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I am going to call to doctor about a medication. I need to be able to focus calmly to knock work out while at work. My off work is less extreme but my general is nets to something similar. Please pray also for work. We have deadlines and lots of them.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

Anastasia1

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I'm almost done with some paperwork for some of the stuff. :D

I'm getting up in 3 hours for work and don't know if I am going to keep the job and do well enough to ask for a vacation this November off-It would be nice to go on a trip. I also don't want to lose the job necessarily.
I am so tired. Everyone at work is stressed out, but I am so close to finally have an evening to myself to relax.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Grant this, O Lord.

Anastasia1

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
It’s going to be another long day trying to get things done.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

Anastasia1

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I am worried I messed something up at work. I might not get to fix it until Monday and worry about it all weekend. I have not been sleeping well, and stress isn’t helping. As a fun plus, I keep having headaches that Tylenol doesn’t do enough for-not sure of that’s posture or side effect.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

Anastasia1

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Followup day tomorrow. Hoping things go well and I can be done with one part source of stress and without reason for regret.