• Christ is Risen!
  • Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Any Resurrections By St John?

Bizzlebin

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
jbt.name
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Geek
As part of a typological study, the question came up as to whether St John The Forerunner had participated in the resurrection of anyone else from the dead. Does this type of story occur in any Orthodox (or even Orthodox-adjacent) narratives, particularly in the early Church? Thanks!

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
I dont understand the question.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Did St John The Forerunner raise anybody from the dead, according to Orthodox or apocryphal sources?
Ok. Thank you. Sorry, I dont know anything about this. I never heard that St John Forerunner raised someone from dead. Lots to learn.

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Sorry, misunderstood St. John the forerunner with John the apostle.

xariskai

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
as to whether St John The Forerunner had participated in the resurrection of anyone else from the dead. Does this type of story occur in any Orthodox (or even Orthodox-adjacent) narratives, particularly in the early Church?
I don't think so , though do you mean in his lifetime only or also later, in connection with his relics?

Voragine's The Golden Legend -medieval European and therefore doesn't fit your criterion of "Orthodox adjacent"- mentions dead being raised via St. John's relics; if memory serves a much older (post-Nicene) Syrian text discusses his relics as well, but I don't recall the particulars.

Last edited: