• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Are the Vaccines affecting our spirituality? Orthodox Church Father Savvas.

Xavier

OC.Net Guru
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
Reaction score
Website
marianapostolate.com
Faith
Ecumenical Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction
The Pope - but my heart is for Re-Union!
From: https://maryrefugeofsouls.com/2021/...-took-the-covid-19-vaccine-maryrefugeofsouls/

Excerpt: "

(Source: Are the Vaccines Affecting Our Spirituality? | There May be More to it Than We Think: Father Savvas Agioritis shares testimonies of spiritual decline after taking the vaccines
https://www.expandingawarenessrelat...uality-there-may-be-more-to-it-than-we-think/)

The video has been transcribed below using the subtitles from the video. Slight spelling alterations (vaxxine-vaccine) and embellishment has been added for emphasis.
Father Savvas:
“I would like to present to you a personal testimony of a Priest-Monk, who made the mistake of getting vaxxed. This is his confession. If anyone wants to know his name, I can tell you privately. He is a priest under Archbishop Ieronymos of Greece. I will be reading directly from the publication. Which fortunately, it is still on the internet.

[Priest-Monk]: “With a few words, I will relate my experience after taking my first dosage of the Pfizer vaccine.

God obstructed me with many signs before taking the vaccine, due to shortness in time I will not mention all of them.

As I was heading towards the vaccination center, right before I was getting into the queue I felt something was obstructing my approach. As I approached, I felt (smelled) a stench that surprised me.”

Father Savvas: “Said the monk. You see, God cautioned him and he still went ahead.”

[Priest-Monk]: “While I was taking the vaccine, others were waiting outside. As I was leaving I was unable to wear my Kalimafi (priest hat).

I felt a great shame within myself, and left holding my kalimafi in my hands.”

Father Savvas: “As you can see, he began to feel the demonic influence right away. As he was ashamed to wear his Kalimafi even though he is a priest.”

[Priest-Monk]: “Arriving home, I went to the bathroom to wash my face. Upon looking at the mirror, I was frightened at my face due to the expression I had.

The next day I went shopping at the supermarket and since it was still the period after Pascha (before the leave-taking), I would normally greet the shopkeepers with “Christos Anesti (Christ is Risen!)” or respond “Alithos Anesti (Indeed He is Risen)”.”

Father Savvas: “So as you know, for 40 days after the resurrection, we refrain from saying “Hello/Good day”, and replace the phrase with “Christ is risen”. And the other Christian should respond “Alithos Anesti” and not say “likewise”.

[Priest-Monk]: “As a Priest monk, I was surprised to discover that I was very ashamed to say “Christo Anesti” to the shopkeepers. This greatly overwhelmed me.”

Father Savvas: “He began to realize more intensely that something was not going well in his soul.” ... [read more in the link]

Stinky

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Near/far

7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.....
nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

Romans 14:22-23
New King James Version

22 [a]Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. (A)Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for (B)whatever is not from faith is [b]sin.

Stinky

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Near/far
Romans 8:35-39
New King James Version

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:
(A)“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
37 (B)Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor (C)principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
The priest monk has a valid point. Real Christians don't fear death.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Does it matter?
Jurisdiction
Unverifiable, so irrelevant
The priest monk has a valid point. Real Christians don't fear death.

But that is not a reason to endanger those around you or bring disease to those caring for you......who might yet need to time to get to that same position of repentance.

hurrrah

Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
On Sunday, a parishioner tells: for work, it is necessary to get vaccinated until the 20th - strictly voluntarily, under the threat of dismissal. I prayed, signed up once - it didn't work out, agreed twice - it didn't work out, the third time - I couldn't. Tried it for two weeks, I decided: well, what the hell, with such hints! Now she is more likely to resign than to be vaccinated.

Another person: I am in great confusion. I thought to get vaccinated from the crown, I was already going there quite cheerful. There are 50 meters left to go to the medical center, I think: I will pray to God that everything goes well. I look at the sky and pray. Then I slowly lower my eyes and rest my gaze on the number of the standing car-666. I slowed down, stopped, thought "and where am I going?" And he didn't go.
After a couple of days, another thought overcomes: what if this is a diabolical temptation? This almost always happens after a good prayer, according to the testimonies of St. Fathers. The goal is to discourage me, to deprive me of the strength to act, and there it's not far to a glass (I haven't been drinking for three and a half years, I got a good job). And I feel this plan is coming true, I go gloomy, I don't want to do anything, I think "goodbye to my good salary" . If think without emotions, rationally, I don't find anything wrong with vaccination. I don't believe it was an accident either. The only question is, who is this sign from?

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I am pretty over all of it.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Remember sleeping in an iron lung?

No, you don’t. Because no one gets polio anymore.

Be grateful you’re still alive.

sestir

bokareis
Reaction score
Website
weihos.eu
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
independent
I recall that after taking the Swine-flue (2009) vaccine, I suddenly sneezed for several years, in the beginning with a frequency of ca once per day, later ca once per week. To the extent I might have carried viruses or bacteria, I was certainly more of a spreader than usual.

Then seeing that the number of cases rose sharply when people were vaccinated against covid19 in many countries such as Israel, UK and Sweden, and minding the fact that vaccinated are told to still wear masks because they can still transmit the virus, it seems not at all clear that the risk of infecting someone around oneself should be lower for a vaccinated person.
Haven't most of us gone through an infection already by now? For someone with natural immunity, isn't that the gold standard which could only be impaired with vaccine?

In any case, I disagree with the idea that people who refuse to get vaccinated should be inconsiderate or selfish. We are not convinced that it would help somebody if we got the shot.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
But that is not a reason to endanger those around you or bring disease to those caring for you......who might yet need to time to get to that same position of repentance.
There are millions of things that can kill you in life.
I don't think its fair to label people who choose not to vax as murderers.

Last edited:

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I recall that after taking the Swine-flue (2009) vaccine, I suddenly sneezed for several years, in the beginning with a frequency of ca once per day, later ca once per week. To the extent I might have carried viruses or bacteria, I was certainly more of a spreader than usual.

Then seeing that the number of cases rose sharply when people were vaccinated against covid19 in many countries such as Israel, UK and Sweden, and minding the fact that vaccinated are told to still wear masks because they can still transmit the virus, it seems not at all clear that the risk of infecting someone around oneself should be lower for a vaccinated person.
Haven't most of us gone through an infection already by now? For someone with natural immunity, isn't that the gold standard which could only be impaired with vaccine?

In any case, I disagree with the idea that people who refuse to get vaccinated should be inconsiderate or selfish. We are not convinced that it would help somebody if we got the shot.
Here, 97% of hospitalized COVID patients have been invaccinated. The local hospital was at 128% capacity about a month ago, and a local city councilman who was antivax ended up doing a 180 after getting COVID and being in that hospital for 3 weeks. I think it’s like so many other things where our immediate experience informs our opinions.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
And for the record, I wish I could ethically edit my typos. 🤦🏻‍♀️

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
There are millions of things that can kill you in life.
I don't think its fair to label people who choose not to vax as murderers.
There are millions and millions of people who are not "anti-vaxxers" but are anti-Covid vax--for many reasons.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And for the record, I wish I could ethically edit my typos. 🤦🏻‍♀️
I have the same problem these days. I am guessing that the plants that make monitors and cell phone screens are Triffids waiting for us to go blind so that they can eat us.

Vanhyo

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
BOC
Ainnir
Sound to me like you are saying better to submit to the antichrist system and live...

I think it is evident by now that the cov is a bio weapon that is being somehow spread and the end game is the jab, which evidently causes both physical and spiritual harm and also lead to control over the population.

And its not like God did not warn us for this, He did so AHEAD OF TIME, BEFORE THE EVENTS through st Paisios, Elder Savva Achielios , and elder Justin Parvu. Three independent witnesses who are known to be Holy man of God. Ahead of time.

Mr Musk is filling the skies with his satellite network and preparing his neurolinks already, the plan is set into motion but it will not be... God is laughing at their plans. Instead there will be a great cleansing and restoration of orthodoxy.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Ainnir
Sound to me like you are saying better to submit to the antichrist system and live...

I think it is evident by now that the cov is a bio weapon that is being somehow spread and the end game is the jab, which evidently causes both physical and spiritual harm and also lead to control over the population.

And its not like God did not warn us for this, He did so AHEAD OF TIME, BEFORE THE EVENTS through st Paisios, Elder Savva Achielios , and elder Justin Parvu. Three independent witnesses who are known to be Holy man of God. Ahead of time.

Mr Musk is filling the skies with his satellite network and preparing his neurolinks already, the plan is set into motion but it will not be... God is laughing at their plans. Instead there will be a great cleansing and restoration of orthodoxy.
That's a fascinating interpretation of what I said. 😵 And if you are right, it seems like submitting to the antichrist system leads to death, so try to shoehorn my words into that framework.

When was the video recorded? Also, it will be very easy to tell if this is God-inspired prophecy or not. Just wait and see. A lot of Evangelical and Fundamentalist Protestants are also enthralled with the end times and like to get excited about the prospect that it's TOMORROW and get everyone else around them whipped into a frenzy. But it's very simple: however you should be living if Christ returns TOMORROW is how you should be living anyway, even if He takes His sweet time and literally has to gather His children from the four corners of the universe. Anything else is a distraction from this, in my opinion.

Vanhyo

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
BOC
When was the video recorded?
Which one ? Elder Savva Achilios reposed in 2016, Elder Justin parvu in 2013 and St Paisios in 1994. They were all gone long before the events.

Also the current situation is not the final antichrist only a forerunner and it will fail, the vax is a mark and a curse nevertheless, however since its not the final mark, repentance is possible.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Which one ? Elder Savva Achilios reposed in 2016, Elder Justin parvu in 2013 and St Paisios in 1994. They were all gone long before the events.

Also the current situation is not the final antichrist only a forerunner and it will fail, the vax is a mark and a curse nevertheless, however since its not the final mark, repentance is possible.
The final link with Father Elpidios Vagianakis in it. When was that made?

Vanhyo

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
BOC
somewhere after the greek date-changed pasca i assume, by the context

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Polio Immunisation was on a Sugar Cube```

Albert Sabin developed the second polio vaccine, a live, weakened virus version. Sabin's version could be taken orally, making it easier to administer. Sabin's vaccine could be administered as a liquid, or dropped onto ordinary sugar cubes and consumed. Millions of Americans got those sugar cubes, myself included ```

Irish45

Reaction score
I have not read thru the thread yet, just wanted to add something. I’ve experienced my spirituality change when prescribed certain medications. I don’t know if this story is accurate, but I definitely believe it can happen.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
I have not read thru the thread yet, just wanted to add something. I’ve experienced my spirituality change when prescribed certain medications. I don’t know if this story is accurate, but I definitely believe it can happen.
Can you elaborate on that?

Bizzlebin

High Elder
Reaction score
Website
jbt.name
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Geek
Can you elaborate on that?
Certain drugs (eg, caffeine) have clear effects when it comes to the perceptions of angelic powers. Some blunt the noetic information coming in, some blunt it going out (ie, a "stealth" mode), and other do both; you can test it yourself. This is not surprising, given that the human is the union of both physical and spiritual creation, though it can be a bit wild how often body and soul affect each other in interconnected ways.

Vanhyo

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
BOC
this was posted in a russian site and they said is from this year

Vanhyo

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
BOC
I can see what you are getting into, if next year things return to normal instead worsening, you can say that priest was in prelest. But matters are getting worst by the day, in greece unvaxed priests are threatened to get defrocked and their salary taken away, in a time when most workplaces already demand green certificate in order to keep your work. Many kindersgardens require parents to be vaxxed if their kids are to be allowed in... what i am saying is the situation seems to be getting from bad to worst.

Vanhyo

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
BOC
@Sethrak so ? You assume their (those who push these events) end goal is for you to be healthy. Their end of goal for you is to be jabbed, certificated, controlled, enslaved and depopulated.

So you can boast of alternative medications or strong immunity system all you want, its irreverent.

Stinky

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Near/far
Yes, I believe the vaccinations are having a tremendous affect on our spirituality. They are creating the temptation for division and schism in our hearts. They are distracting us from our Love and Faith in Christ and each other. They are causing us to judge others, to fear man and what he can do to the body, forgetting that God is our Judge who can destroy both body and soul. The vaccinations have become a great stumblingblock to many who see with the mind of man and man's solutions. There are divisions. There are slanders and hate and mocking. There are one spooners vs multiple spooners communing under an icon with no spoons and pride splashing all over us darkening our dim light and weak faith.

Luke 18:8
When the Son of man cometh will He find faith on the earth?

Matthew 25:1-13
Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps (lamps: an outward form of godliness but denying the power *oil of Holy Spirit * which is evident in selfless love- born from an internal life of godliness)
Remember the kingdom of heaven and the 10 virgins. Keep the oil, the faith, the hope in His coming. We keep looking up in expectations and we don't beat our fellow servants during that waiting time.
Peace,
Pray for me~ I pray for you.

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Certain drugs (eg, caffeine) have clear effects when it comes to the perceptions of angelic powers. Some blunt the noetic information coming in, some blunt it going out (ie, a "stealth" mode), and other do both;
What do you mean? Some drugs make us unable to sense the presence of angels and some make us able? What is noetic information?
you can test it yourself.
My first thought was someone seeing "angels" on an acid trip, but I doubt that's what you had in mind.

Christos3

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
I believe Covid was created from evil intentions (bio weapons, man messing with God's creation at the Wuhan lab). Therefore, wouldn't the vaccine be a gift from God in helping save lives? And is it the evil one (or China and Russia) spreading lies about the vaccine to continue to create division (and more death) among the Western nations to hold us down?

I wish people took as much effort in their salvation as they do in protecting themselves from this virus.

JTLoganville

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox
Yes, I believe the vaccinations are having a tremendous affect on our spirituality. They are creating the temptation for division and schism in our hearts. They are distracting us from our Love and Faith in Christ and each other. They are causing us to judge others, to fear man and what he can do to the body, forgetting that God is our Judge who can destroy both body and soul. The vaccinations have become a great stumblingblock to many who see with the mind of man and man's solutions. There are divisions. There are slanders and hate and mocking. There are one spooners vs multiple spooners communing under an icon with no spoons and pride splashing all over us darkening our dim light and weak faith.
A year and a half ago there were many who had raised "a vaccine" as an idol: A golden syringe that would save humanity from the newest pestilence. There were some who advocated starving the faithful Sacramentally until the advent of "a vaccine" because the Medicine of Immortality had become far less important to them than another ideal or idol of "keeping everybody safe".

Richmond

Reaction score
Faith
Confused Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
A year and a half ago there were many who had raised "a vaccine" as an idol: A golden syringe that would save humanity from the newest pestilence. There were some who advocated starving the faithful Sacramentally until the advent of "a vaccine" because the Medicine of Immortality had become far less important to them than another ideal or idol of "keeping everybody safe".
Too many (at least nominally) Orthodox bishops were all too ready to shut down for as long as the politicians told them. Did Nero or Diocletian simply have to say "pandemic" and all the Christians would have been obligated to end Christianity?