• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Are the Vaccines affecting our spirituality? Orthodox Church Father Savvas.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on that?
Of course! I suffer from severe anxiety. I was on an SSRI for like 8 or 9 years. I never lost my faith in God, but the medicine made me extremely indifferent to towards spirituality. I never realized that it was the medicine that was causing me to be indifferent until this year when I ran out, and I refuse to go back to the VA because they kept harassing me about the vaccine, it felt super uncomfortable going to the VA because of how hard they pushed the vaccine. After a couple of weeks of no medicine, I started to feel my desire to seek God dramatically increase. I’ve begun to become much more engaged in my faith, heck you can look at my post history here and see that I wasn’t very active over the past five or six years here, possibly even longer if you look. It’s really too bad because the SSRI drastically reduced my anxiety and made me able to live a much more comfortable life. It’s not worth it though if it destroys my desire to seek God.

I’ve also had a similar but less pronounced experience with stimulants like Adderal. On a side note, I think some of those stimulates can change a person’s sexual behavior, to include increasing promiscuity and or increasing same sex attraction. IMO, it’s one of the reasons Meth is a huge part of the gay community, I think it increases same sex attraction. There was a man in France who won a big court case because after he started using a parkinson’s drug, he started having same-sex encounters almost nightly, even though he was married and never had the urge before in his life. When I was on stimulants, I was all over dating apps like tinder. The higher the dose, the greater the change. When I took myself off stimulants, I stopped using the apps, but I still didn’t have much desire to seek God. After quitting my SSRI, that desire came flooding back. I’m fairness, I think the Covid situation has helped me have that desire as well. But to me, there’s no doubt my SSRI influenced my spirituality.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
Certain drugs (eg, caffeine) have clear effects when it comes to the perceptions of angelic powers. Some blunt the noetic information coming in, some blunt it going out (ie, a "stealth" mode), and other do both; you can test it yourself. This is not surprising, given that the human is the union of both physical and spiritual creation, though it can be a bit wild how often body and soul affect each other in interconnected ways.
I’ve never heard this about caffein, I’ll have to look into it more! Ty!

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
Of course! I suffer from severe anxiety. I was on an SSRI for like 8 or 9 years. I never lost my faith in God, but the medicine made me extremely indifferent to towards spirituality. I never realized that it was the medicine that was causing me to be indifferent until this year when I ran out, and I refuse to go back to the VA because they kept harassing me about the vaccine, it felt super uncomfortable going to the VA because of how hard they pushed the vaccine. After a couple of weeks of no medicine, I started to feel my desire to seek God dramatically increase. I’ve begun to become much more engaged in my faith, heck you can look at my post history here and see that I wasn’t very active over the past five or six years here, possibly even longer if you look. It’s really too bad because the SSRI drastically reduced my anxiety and made me able to live a much more comfortable life. It’s not worth it though if it destroys my desire to seek God.

I’ve also had a similar but less pronounced experience with stimulants like Adderal. On a side note, I think some of those stimulates can change a person’s sexual behavior, to include increasing promiscuity and or increasing same sex attraction. IMO, it’s one of the reasons Meth is a huge part of the gay community, I think it increases same sex attraction. There was a man in France who won a big court case because after he started using a parkinson’s drug, he started having same-sex encounters almost nightly, even though he was married and never had the urge before in his life. When I was on stimulants, I was all over dating apps like tinder. The higher the dose, the greater the change. When I took myself off stimulants, I stopped using the apps, but I still didn’t have much desire to seek God. After quitting my SSRI, that desire came flooding back. I’m fairness, I think the Covid situation has helped me have that desire as well. But to me, there’s no doubt my SSRI influenced my spirituality.
Thanks for sharing that! I pray you've found safer, more benign ways to handle and reduce your anxiety.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Meth is a huge part of the heterosexual community as well. It’s a cheap copy of heroin, that’s all.

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Meth is a huge part of the heterosexual community as well. It’s a cheap copy of heroin, that’s all.
Meth and heroin are nothing alike in both their effect and chemistry. Meth is a stimulant and herioin is a depressant.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
Of course it’s a part of both communities, but Its much more prevalent in the gay community. Like someone else mentioned above, it’s nothing like heroin.

on a sidenote, I should’ve mentioned, that I’ve seen SSRIs help people a lot, so I wanna make sure people realize that I’m not saying all SSRIs are bad. They have their time in place, but people should be aware that they can definitely affect your spirituality.

Wyatt

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Catholic
Jurisdiction
Latin Church
Too many (at least nominally) Orthodox bishops were all too ready to shut down for as long as the politicians told them. Did Nero or Diocletian simply have to say "pandemic" and all the Christians would have been obligated to end Christianity?
No one had the modern-day understanding of a pandemic or viruses then. Why don't we just stop vaccines for everything. That's what some seem to be advocating. :rolleyes:

hurrrah

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
I have a spot on my shoulder from a smallpox vaccination taken in infancy. And you know what? I've never had smallpox. This is a vaccination. And what is called a coronavirus vaccine is a political and commercial farce.
It seems that you think it's good to give up faith for the sake of (imaginary) health.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
We have a community now? Is there like a night where we all get together and play heterosexual board games or something? :LOL:

Bizzlebin

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Geek
I have a spot on my shoulder from a smallpox vaccination taken in infancy. And you know what? I've never had smallpox. This is a vaccination. And what is called a coronavirus vaccine is a political and commercial farce.
It seems that you think it's good to give up faith for the sake of (imaginary) health.
It's unfortunate that some very old vaccine technologies left tiny lasting scars, scars which are no worse than from falling down and scraping one's knee. But you know what else they left? The skin around the scar, the rest of your flesh, your figure, your health, and your life. There is no either/or between health and faith. But there is an either/or if you reject science, the natural revelation of God's good creation: how can you have faith if you've refused medical treatment and are dead?

hurrrah

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
Apparently, I expressed my thought badly. I was vaccinated in grey ancient, in the Soviet Union, once and for all. That's how vaccines work. Those injections that we are forced to take every year / six months / three months / every day, by definition, are not vaccines.

Have you never read "For to me life is Christ, and death is gain"?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Apparently, I expressed my thought badly. I was vaccinated in grey ancient, in the Soviet Union, once and for all. That's how vaccines work. Those injections that we are forced to take every year / six months / three months / every day, by definition, are not vaccines.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
In the 17th Century, Chinese physicians found that when certain preparations of smallpox were blown up the nose, they could lead to a milder illness than a natural infection would, followed by immunity. Eventually the technique spread to Europe and the Americas, where it generally involved rubbing infectious material into a puncture in the skin. As it spread around the globe, eventually some leaders mandated this kind of inoculation. For example, during the American Revolutionary War, in 1777, general George Washington required all troops to be inoculated against smallpox.

Nothing new under the sun.

Richmond

Reaction score
Faith
Confused Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Out of curiosity, have you given polio a second thought since you completed your vaccination series? I know I haven't. Yet people who have had all the suggested COVID injections are still running scared at the thought of a new variant (that at the moment is spreading pretty quickly in my country but has only been a factor in one death AFAIK). Those triple-injected people sound really confident in their vaccinations /s

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Out of curiosity, have you given polio a second thought since you completed your vaccination series?
Considering I was less than 1 year old, I'm sure I didn't give it any thought, before or after. I'm sure my parents did, however; they were both adults before any form of vaccine was out, and any thought of eradication was still science fiction at the time.

Those triple-injected people sound really confident in their vaccinations /s
Well, it seems not everyone is a drama queen of the calibre you're used to associating with.

Richmond

Reaction score
Faith
Confused Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Thanks for sharing that! I pray you've found safer, more benign ways to handle and reduce your anxiety.
Almost sounds like a catch-22. Take a med that helps most people but lose interest in God, or pursue God but have crippling anxiety.

If treating a mental disorder like anxiety can reduce interest in God, what does that imply about belief in God?

Irened

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOARCH
The COVID vaccine was developed with the aid/technology of aborted fetus(es) not just one, which would be bad enough, but many dead babies. It's even implied by one Orthodox priest that fetuses were procured specifically to be used for the advancement of science and vaccines. Whether it happened decades ago or not. This is not like vaccine development of days gone by. I don't see how our Church leaders are in support of this.

Not to mention, secondarily, a new mRNA technology of which we don't know long term effects.

As Fr Savvas stated, there is an evil agenda behind this. I just saw a newsclip of science developing a microchip that is implanted in the skin to monitor for COVID. If that doesn't reek of end times prophecy, I don't know what does. Seems like things could eventually move in that direction.

I have watched so many end of the world/plague thriller movies in my day. I believe it's the evil one manipulating us through Hollywood to desensitize us to the possibility of it ever really happening.

I'm not trying to judge, I myself am a sinner and hypocrite. But I am trying to repent and live right in regards to what is going on nowadays. It's not easy, especially with the threat of people's jobs at stake. Lord, have mercy.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
The COVID vaccine was developed with the aid/technology of aborted fetus(es) not just one, which would be bad enough, but many dead babies. It's even implied by one Orthodox priest that fetuses were procured specifically to be used for the advancement of science and vaccines. Whether it happened decades ago or not. This is not like vaccine development of days gone by. I don't see how our Church leaders are in support of this.
The Covid vaccines (plural), like many other drugs in circulation, used in their testing phase immortalised cell lines that originally came from a handful of therapeutic abortions, as far back as the 1960s. Pfizer and Moderna used the HEK-293 line from 1973, while J&J used the PER.C6 line from 1985. No fetuses were harmed in the production of any vaccine, and no fetal genetic material is included in their formulas.

Orthodox priests are people with a responsibility to guide and instruct people, and they would do well not to propagate unsubstantiated rumours.

Not to mention, secondarily, a new mRNA technology of which we don't know long term effects.
mRNA technology has been in development for decades, and the only long term effect of a vaccine is immunity to disease.

As Fr Savvas stated, there is an evil agenda behind this. I just saw a newsclip of science developing a microchip that is implanted in the skin to monitor for COVID. If that doesn't reek of end times prophecy, I don't know what does. Seems like things could eventually move in that direction.

I have watched so many end of the world/plague thriller movies in my day. I believe it's the evil one manipulating us through Hollywood to desensitize us to the possibility of it ever really happening.

I love me some old reheated fake news.

hurrrah

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
therapeutic abortions
Therapeutic murders. I read the testimony of the person who performed that abortion. As far as I remember, no pathologies were discussed. Both the child and the failed mother were healthy.
"The fruits of murder were used in the manufacture of vaccines, but the fruits of murder were not used in the manufacture of vaccines."

Usually such madness in reasoning occurs when a person tries to justify himself.

Therapeutic. Murders.

Irened

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOARCH
Therapeutic murders. I read the testimony of the person who performed that abortion. As far as I remember, no pathologies were discussed. Both the child and the failed mother were healthy.
"The fruits of murder were used in the manufacture of vaccines, but the fruits of murder were not used in the manufacture of vaccines."

Usually such madness in reasoning occurs when a person tries to justify himself.

Therapeutic. Murders.
Amen.

Irened

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOARCH
@Arachne Ok, thanks for the article. Nontheless, I now replace the word "microchip" with "hydrogel" placed under the skin so that it can't be rejected by the body, which lights up under the skin, glowing when a special light is placed over the area detecting lactate which can signal a pathogenic illness is infecting the body, developed by the military. Doesn't sound much better and still concerning, why something like that needs to be developed in the first place.

Alpo2

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Fenno-Ugric Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Finnish Orthodox Inside of Finland

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Some people believe full strength in the use of computers and cell phones, but not in vaccines.

Hmmm.

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
Constantine's Lost Rome

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
I read the testimony of the person who performed that abortion. As far as I remember, no pathologies were discussed. Both the child and the failed mother were healthy.
Can we read it too?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Doesn't sound much better and still concerning, why something like that needs to be developed in the first place.
The military develops a lot of things, and its people are its guinea pigs. There are countless things invented, developed and manufactured that you never hear about, because they have no bearing on your life. You wouldn't have heard about this, either, except some rag that's not worth the paper it's printed on tried to drum up sales by twisting it into something to frighten you with.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Omicron seems to bypass vaccines so not even that.
Seeing as the vast majority of hospitalised patients are unvaccinated, that's evidently not the case.

hurrrah

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
Presumably pages 77-95.

double translation (en-ru-en):
The fetus, as far as I remember, was absolutely normal. No problems were observed. The reasons for the abortion were unknown to me. Maybe I knew it at the time, but all the information about it was lost.

Yes, I remember inaccurately, nothing is said about the mother's health here.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
I didn't know that the HEK 293 and PER.C6 lines were developed from the same fetus, but that simplifies things.

So, the scientist giving the testimony is the one who developed the HEK 293 line, not 'the doctor who performed the abortion'. Of course he would know nothing about the mother's health; he didn't even know the exact origin of the fetus either. His assistant, Frank Graham, is quoted here as saying that 'to the best of his knowledge, the exact origin of the HEK293 fetal cells is unclear. They could have come from either a spontaneous miscarriage or an elective abortion.'

The elective abortion possibility is slim, because elective abortion in the Netherlands was illegal until 1984. Therapeutic abortion is a lot more likely, and of course there might have been no abortion at all.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't know that the HEK 293 and PER.C6 lines were developed from the same fetus, but that simplifies things.
My interpretation, from what I read in hurrah's link, is that PER.C6 is from a 1985 fetus.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
My interpretation, from what I read in hurrah's link, is that PER.C6 is from a 1985 fetus.
That's what I'd always thought, although the professor is not being completely clear. Regardless, the J&J vaccine is problematic in other ways beyond the cell line used in it (namely, matters of efficiency), while the mRNA ones, as well as the AstraZeneca, are not.

Alpo2

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Fenno-Ugric Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Finnish Orthodox Inside of Finland
Seeing as the vast majority of hospitalised patients are unvaccinated, that's evidently not the case.
You can still get COVID even if you’re not hospitalised. I guess currently available vaccines mostly protect COVID from being actually fatal but they wont give you immunity.

Myy

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Romania
From: https://maryrefugeofsouls.com/2021/...-took-the-covid-19-vaccine-maryrefugeofsouls/

Excerpt: "

(Source: Are the Vaccines Affecting Our Spirituality? | There May be More to it Than We Think: Father Savvas Agioritis shares testimonies of spiritual decline after taking the vaccines
https://www.expandingawarenessrelat...uality-there-may-be-more-to-it-than-we-think/)

The video has been transcribed below using the subtitles from the video. Slight spelling alterations (vaxxine-vaccine) and embellishment has been added for emphasis.
Father Savvas:
“I would like to present to you a personal testimony of a Priest-Monk, who made the mistake of getting vaxxed. This is his confession. If anyone wants to know his name, I can tell you privately. He is a priest under Archbishop Ieronymos of Greece. I will be reading directly from the publication. Which fortunately, it is still on the internet.

[Priest-Monk]: “With a few words, I will relate my experience after taking my first dosage of the Pfizer vaccine.

God obstructed me with many signs before taking the vaccine, due to shortness in time I will not mention all of them.

As I was heading towards the vaccination center, right before I was getting into the queue I felt something was obstructing my approach. As I approached, I felt (smelled) a stench that surprised me.”

Father Savvas: “Said the monk. You see, God cautioned him and he still went ahead.”

[Priest-Monk]: “While I was taking the vaccine, others were waiting outside. As I was leaving I was unable to wear my Kalimafi (priest hat).

I felt a great shame within myself, and left holding my kalimafi in my hands.”

Father Savvas: “As you can see, he began to feel the demonic influence right away. As he was ashamed to wear his Kalimafi even though he is a priest.”

[Priest-Monk]: “Arriving home, I went to the bathroom to wash my face. Upon looking at the mirror, I was frightened at my face due to the expression I had.

The next day I went shopping at the supermarket and since it was still the period after Pascha (before the leave-taking), I would normally greet the shopkeepers with “Christos Anesti (Christ is Risen!)” or respond “Alithos Anesti (Indeed He is Risen)”.”

Father Savvas: “So as you know, for 40 days after the resurrection, we refrain from saying “Hello/Good day”, and replace the phrase with “Christ is risen”. And the other Christian should respond “Alithos Anesti” and not say “likewise”.

[Priest-Monk]: “As a Priest monk, I was surprised to discover that I was very ashamed to say “Christo Anesti” to the shopkeepers. This greatly overwhelmed me.”

Father Savvas: “He began to realize more intensely that something was not going well in his soul.” ... [read more in the link]

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
You can still get COVID even if you’re not hospitalised. I guess currently available vaccines mostly protect COVID from being actually fatal but they wont give you immunity.
I was under the impression from the start that this was the point. I’m pretty sure flu shots are the same way.