• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Baby on the way?

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm about to set off for the hospital and would appreciate your prayers for my wife (Gabriela) and our unborn child. It's a little early but it looks as though he/she might be on the way, though this could be a false alarm. There's also a slight chance that there may be a problem, though our midwife has said we shouldn't worry (fat chance!). I'd feel much happier knowing people will be praying for us. I'll keep you all informed, whatever the outcome.

James

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
God bless the 3 of you, and may everything turn out according to His will!

Lord, have mercy

SouthSerb99

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.savekosovo.org
May God bless you all and let the birth of your child be an easy one.

I was where you are four months ago, so I know how you are feeling.

Lord have mercy.

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your prayers. The child has decided to stay put for the moment, though he/she apparently could come at any time. At least I now know what the reason was for the midwife suddenly packing us off to the hospital for monitoring (she didn't say, which made her 'don't worry' even more difficult to follow). The sonographer told us what she was checking for. Apparently my wife's belly had appeared to have shrunk slightly since it was last measured and they were worried the amniotic fluid was disappearing. Fortunately that isn't the case and everything's fine, it's just that the baby had decided to curl up since becoming engaged. I get the impression that nobody in the hospital was expecting us to reach the due date (18th December) so I guess I could be back in hospital again quite soon. Thanks again for your prayers, they really are appreciated. I'll keep you all informed.

James

SouthSerb99

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.savekosovo.org
jmbejdl said:
Thanks everyone for your prayers. The child has decided to stay put for the moment, though he/she apparently could come at any time. At least I now know what the reason was for the midwife suddenly packing us off to the hospital for monitoring (she didn't say, which made her 'don't worry' even more difficult to follow). The sonographer told us what she was checking for. Apparently my wife's belly had appeared to have shrunk slightly since it was last measured and they were worried the amniotic fluid was disappearing. Fortunately that isn't the case and everything's fine, it's just that the baby had decided to curl up since becoming engaged. I get the impression that nobody in the hospital was expecting us to reach the due date (18th December) so I guess I could be back in hospital again quite soon. Thanks again for your prayers, they really are appreciated. I'll keep you all informed.

James
Brother James,

Keep us posted and tell the baby, to try to hold off for one day (until December 19), so that way, I'll have a legitimate excuse to have a few extra shots of slivo while celebrating slava!  ;D

Good luck, you have my prayers.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord have mercy with your family, and please keep us informed of developments

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to you all for your prayers. This morning at 10.19 (GMT) Gabi gave birth to a healthy little girl. She weighed 7 lb 7 oz (3.373 kg for those who are, like me, baffled by Imperial measures). We've decided that she should be named after her great grandmother and have Sf. Daniil Sihastru as her patron saint, plus we've added another name my wife likes. Consequently she will be baptised (when we get the chance) Sabina Daniela Ioana. It's a bit long, but we think it's nice. Prayers for my wife and daughter would be greatly appreciated.

James

SouthSerb99

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.savekosovo.org
James,

Congratulations!  What wonderful news!  You are probably walking on air today.  A glorious name!  Best wishes for all of you.  Lord have mercy!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Congratulations!  Long life and happiness to all your family!  May the Lord bless you always!

jlerms

High Elder
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new baby girl.  May the Lord keep you all safe and healthy.        Juliana

James

Archon
Reaction score
I like good news...prayers especially for Sabina Daniela and Gabriela !

Fed X the pink bubble gum cigar...

james

Pedro

Archon
Reaction score
SouthSerb99 said:
Heck NO!!! I want an authentic CUBAN COHEBA!!!  ;)
Dude...dude...(shakes head) it's COHIBA

And the 'H' is silent (co-EE-bah). ;)

Anyways, congrats to you, and many years to the little lady!  Baby girls are great!

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm back at last. Here, hopefully, are a couple of photos of Binuta (Sabina) for you to see, if you're interested. Sorry, SouthSerb, but she's not wearing any kind of a football strip!

James

SouthSerb99

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.savekosovo.org
jmbejdl said:
Hi all,

I'm back at last. Here, hopefully, are a couple of photos of Binuta (Sabina) for you to see, if you're interested. Sorry, SouthSerb, but she's not wearing any kind of a football strip!
Absolutely precious.  Enjoy her!  What a special time.  Oh, and there will plenty of time to get her in some football gear!  Man-U, Liverpool, Chelsea... what's your pleasure???

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
SouthSerb99 said:
Absolutely precious. Enjoy her! What a special time. Oh, and there will plenty of time to get her in some football gear! Man-U, Liverpool, Chelsea... what's your pleasure???
Could you possibly have picked any three teams more likely to get my back up? As far as English teams go, it would have to be Leeds United, and certainly not somewhere west of the Pennines or down south. Newcastle would be an acceptable alternative. There's always Steaua Bucuresti, though. That would go down better with my wife's side of the family, as well as our godparents.

James

SouthSerb99

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.savekosovo.org
jmbejdl said:
Could you possibly have picked any three teams more likely to get my back up? As far as English teams go, it would have to be Leeds United, and certainly not somewhere west of the Pennines or down south. Newcastle would be an acceptable alternative. There's always Steaua Bucuresti, though. That would go down better with my wife's side of the family, as well as our godparents.

James
Leeds United, Newcaslte, Steaua Bucharest... those aren't viable options!  At least you could have picked Red Star Belgrade, its not that far from Bucharest! LOL

Congrats again brother.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Now that is a *very* cute baby.  Thanks for posting the pictures.  :)

Ebor

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with Ebor...  she's adorable.  Many years to all of you!

SouthSerb99

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.savekosovo.org
Actually, while I was in Canada (for Slava), my brother-in-law gave me a CohIba (I was hardly worthy, since I can't even spell it correctly)!  ;) 

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
SouthSerb99 said:
Yes, word on the street is that she looks just like MOM!  ;)

Thank the Lord! :D :D :D
Yes, actually, she does look more like Gabi than me though, like her older brother she looks more similar to her aunts and uncles than either of us. They both look practically identical, although my son is blonde and she seems to be a brunette.

James