• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Ban the person above

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Banned for making me think of the phrase "the scent of holiness" to describe monastics, which somehow seems more like an insult than a compliment to me.

Gayle

Reaction score
Banned for thinking that monastics can't smell good!

rakovsky

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
hecma925 said:
Banned for thinking monastics are exempt from sweating.

I specifically said that the problem with your comment was that it was deprecating, referring to "monastic B.O." That has nothing to do with whether someone sweats. Therefore, you are banned.* You may appeal this decision to me by pm.  

- Rakovsky

* Note: Above ban is for humor purposes only.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Banned because red dots make me think of stoplights and I'm not in a car.

wainscottbl

Archon
Reaction score
Banned for making me check this post instead of keep wasting my time on Facebook. Actually, God bless you for that. Just got back on Facebook after a long break and it sucks. How did I ever get addicted to that? I guess a crackhead asks the same thing, but at least a crackhead has a sensible addiction. You are banned. Now someone ban me for bashing Facebook. But do not ban be for saying that Mark Zuckerberg is Illuminati sociopathic loser who sold his soul to the devil and is selling us to the NSA.

wainscottbl

Archon
Reaction score
J Michael said:
Banned for loquacity.
Banned for being wittily brief. Brevity is the soul of wit, so it is said. But we must ask ourselves what is a soul and what has a soul? But this seems to require a keen reflection and we cannot be brief. For the vulgar speak of souls in a very obviously wrong way, like when they say, "The soul of love." But love does not have a soul, but rather is of the soul. The soul has love rather, so the wise men know. Or is it that the soul loves? No, no we are getting to far into the particular acts of what we call soul. What is soul? Let us look to the Latin word for soul and realize it is that which animates. But animates what? Ah, Socrates was right. We know nothing.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
wainscottbl said:
J Michael said:
Banned for loquacity.
Banned for being wittily brief. Brevity is the soul of wit, so it is said. But we must ask ourselves what is a soul and what has a soul? But this seems to require a keen reflection and we cannot be brief. For the vulgar speak of souls in a very obviously wrong way, like when they say, "The soul of love." But love does not have a soul, but rather is of the soul. The soul has love rather, so the wise men know. Or is it that the soul loves? No, no we are getting to far into the particular acts of what we call soul. What is soul? Let us look to the Latin word for soul and realize it is that which animates. But animates what? Ah, Socrates was right. We know nothing.
Banned for brilliance.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Banned for laboring under the assumption that we cannot use contractions, even when they are pregnant with meaning.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Banned because the star on the Texas flag is too pointy and you may hurt yourself.