• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

'Being raised Catholic is worse than child abuse' - Richard Dawkins

theistgal

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jason.Wike said:
It would be if the idea was that you are going to hell no matter what. He seems to be completely unaware that belief in hell is accompanied by the belief that its completely possible, and easy for children*, to avoid. If there's a child out there that is so bad that the idea they are going to hell enters their mind then their family life is more than screwed up.

*Since they are physically capable of less sins and normally not even aware of some of the possibilities.
And since Jesus said that the Kingdom of Heaven was pretty much chock-full of children, it would stand to reason that it's virtually, if not completely, impossible for a child to wind up in Hell. At least that's my theological heterodox non-Orthodox opinion.  ;)

Jetavan

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.esoteric.msu.edu
Because he sees raising a child within a religion as a form of child abuse, Dawkins is writing books for children and teens:

I’m actively working on 2 new books. Outgrowing God is Atheism for Teenagers. Second one (illustrated) is Atheism for Children.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
Jetavan said:
Because he sees raising a child within a religion as a form of child abuse, Dawkins is writing books for children and teens:

I’m actively working on 2 new books. Outgrowing God is Atheism for Teenagers. Second one (illustrated) is Atheism for Children.
"For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together"

Rubricnigel

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Midwest
Being rasied by atheists who tell you there are 567,890 genders, that life is meaningless so do whatever you want with whomever because there are no consequences after death is child abuse.

Wonder how many kids are being mentally abused by the new liberalism?

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
Rubricnigel said:
Being rasied by atheists who tell you there are 567,890 genders, that life is meaningless so do whatever you want with whomever because there are no consequences after death is child abuse.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Episcopal
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Florida
Rubricnigel said:

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
Rubricnigel said:

Eventually they will loose any form of christian morality and end up worse than the heathens of old.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Mercenary Freudianism
Jurisdiction
Texas Feminist Coptic
biro said:
Rubricnigel said:

Got any scientific studies to back that up?

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
Jetavan said:

Falsehood and emptiness from the earliest years. Nice.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
I mean, the great majority of "Youtube atheists" (most rebranding themselves "skeptics" over the past few years) are right of center on feminism/gender/sexuality/etc. issues, and fight as vehemently against the "more than two genders" stuff as conservative Christians, and Richard Dawkins has shown himself to be a typical conservative-old-man-yelling-at-the-clouds on many issues and totally alienated himself from many leftists to the point where many on the left (including atheists) sneer at the mere mention of his name...  but hey guys feel free to continue with the LIBTARDS HUR HUR ATHEISTS RUIN EVERYTHING TRUST MEEEEE  :p

Sharbel

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek
"Get off my lawn!", said he.

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox
RaphaCam said:
Jetavan said:

Falsehood and emptiness from the earliest years. Nice.
Well, this is what one might expect from a leading Atheist fundamentalist.  We’re talking about a man whose zeal for atheism is eclipsed only by the Bolsheviks.  Some militant atheists in my experience try to dodge that analogy by claiming Bolshevism was a religion.

One other ridiculous aspect to his nonsensical idiocy is the existence of religions which are not conventionally theistic, for example, the Jain religion and some schools of Buddhism.

Alpha60

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox
Mor Ephrem said:
biro said:
Rubricnigel said:

Indeed, if this was Wikipedia I would have to add a Citation Needed tag.

Sharbel

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek
Alpha60 said:
Well, this is what one might expect from a leading Atheist fundamentalist.  We’re talking about a man whose zeal for atheism is eclipsed only by the Bolsheviks.  Some militant atheists in my experience try to dodge that analogy by claiming Bolshevism was a religion.
The hypocrisy is quite thick when they are fine that atheism be considered a religion too if it means being exempted from taxes.

Rubricnigel

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Midwest
Mor Ephrem said:
biro said:
Rubricnigel said:

Oh you mean my wild claim like Dawkins? No, i just no there are inifinite genders and its normal now to be whatever you want, even animal kins. I read about a guy who is wolfkin, or wormkin. Personally i identify as an apache attack helicopter, and dont you be a bigot and say im not one.

Liberalism is cancer btw imo

Rohzek

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I long for the days when we argued about Terri Schiavo and whether Harry Potter was Satanic.

Rubricnigel

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Midwest
Opus118 said:
Rubricnigel said:
So you consider me part of a spreading tumor that needs to be lopped off?
Why are you liberal? Im curious as to why someone associates with one ideology and defends it till the end...

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Episcopal
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Florida
Rubricnigel said:
Mor Ephrem said:
biro said:
Rubricnigel said:

Oh you mean my wild claim like Dawkins? No, i just no there are inifinite genders and its normal now to be whatever you want, even animal kins. I read about a guy who is wolfkin, or wormkin. Personally i identify as an apache attack helicopter, and dont you be a bigot and say im not one.

You do not mean "in my opinion."

Come off it.

You love to make fun of people, especially children who are already going through harassment.

You supported making fun of kids. Kids in school.

Mighty neighborly of you.

You may want to take a course in spelling, and stop mashing your thumbs at random.

I fear for your children.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
Rohzek said:
I long for the days when we argued about Terri Schiavo and whether Harry Potter was Satanic.
Let her die naturally and yes.

Justin Kolodziej

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Kierkegaardian absurdity
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of Atlanta
Jetavan said:
Rubricnigel said:
Is Conservatism a cancer?
Every "*ism" is a cancer. Good thing "Eastern Orthodox Christianity" doesn't end in "ism"  ;)

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
Justin Kolodziej said:
Jetavan said:
Rubricnigel said:
Is Conservatism a cancer?
Every "*ism" is a cancer. Good thing "Eastern Orthodox Christianity" doesn't end in "ism"  ;)
Daaaaaang, roman catholicism is a cancer.  I knew it.