• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Biopsy on Friday to rule out Esophageal Cancer.

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
This Friday I have to have a biopsy.  I've had a lot of pain in my left upper abdomen for a while, now - it extends around to my back.  The pain has been bad enough that I can't sleep and can't do what I need to do during the day.

I had a CT scan last week to find out what the issue is, I have 'distal esophageal mural thickening' and a lesion in my right kidney.  The biopsy on my esophagus is Friday at 1:30pm Central Standard Time - USA. 
I found out about the kidney lesion while reading my clinic notes - I sent an email to my doctor asking about it.  It may well just be a cyst as they are common.  If it is, it would be unremarkable.  (And therefore not mentioned) - but I want to make sure that's all it is.

This last year has been incredibly stressful.  So, I'm hoping that this is just scar tissue from being a personality type that tends to hold it firmly together during the urgent need time or emergency then do a crash bang when all is done.  I haven't gotten to the 'all is done' mode, yet - so emotional outlet has been rather sparse.  I've had a few good cries. . .need about two million more . . . But maybe this will work in my favor as far as cancer goes. 

I REALLY want to be well and able to care for my husband right now. 

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy. Give her continued strength and an occasional laugh during this stressful time.

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Lord, have mercy on your handmaiden,  quietmorning.

mabsoota

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox (Coptic)
may God give u peace and strength

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
Lord have mercy.

Also, since being positive is supposed to be good when it comes to health matters, I suppose this would be a good time to say something I've long thought: that you are one of my favorite posters here, and I really appreciate the life experiences and openness/honesty you share.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Faith
TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
quietmorning said:
This Friday I have to have a biopsy.  I've had a lot of pain in my left upper abdomen for a while, now - it extends around to my back.  The pain has been bad enough that I can't sleep and can't do what I need to do during the day.

I had a CT scan last week to find out what the issue is, I have 'distal esophageal mural thickening' and a lesion in my right kidney.  The biopsy on my esophagus is Friday at 1:30pm Central Standard Time - USA. 
I found out about the kidney lesion while reading my clinic notes - I sent an email to my doctor asking about it.  It may well just be a cyst as they are common.  If it is, it would be unremarkable.  (And therefore not mentioned) - but I want to make sure that's all it is.

This last year has been incredibly stressful.  So, I'm hoping that this is just scar tissue from being a personality type that tends to hold it firmly together during the urgent need time or emergency then do a crash bang when all is done.  I haven't gotten to the 'all is done' mode, yet - so emotional outlet has been rather sparse.  I've had a few good cries. . .need about two million more . . . But maybe this will work in my favor as far as cancer goes. 

I REALLY want to be well and able to care for my husband right now. 
Most Holy Theotokos, save us!

Through the prayers of St. Seraphim of Sarov, St. John of San Francisco, and St. Nectarios, O Lord Jesus Christ, heal and save Thy handmaiden, granting her peace and strength.

marigold

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of Atlanta
Lord, have mercy on Your handmaiden, quietmorning.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
Most Holy Theotokos, bring comfort!  Lord, have mercy!

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

Phoenix73

Elder
Reaction score
Lord Have Mercy. I called upon desperately the intercessions of St Luke the Surgeon on Saturday night as my mother was having a crisis and I just lost in. I believe he responded quickly, she woke up on Sunday a different person and I bought her home yesterday. Please St Luke continue to intercede for us.

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Glory to God. But still continued prayers. Lord, have mercy.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
Through the intercessions of the Theotokos, St. Luke and St. Pantaleimon, LORD have mercy!

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Tomorrow morning I have a sonogram to find out what kind of lesion is on my kidney.  Hopefully it is just a cyst. 

My brother sent me  genetic test results he and his daughter had for a cancer gene.  Both he and my niece carry the gene... so now this is added into the mix.  Evidently our family is being asked to be a part of a research project.  The gene carries thyroid, kidney, colon, breast, and prostate cancer risk.  Which would answer the question of why so many in my family are dealing with the disease in some form.

Lord have mercy, forgive us.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Continued prayers.  May it be just a cyst or something mellow.

Second Chance

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Diocese of the South (OCA)
quietmorning said:
I understand. That is when you can say "Thy will be done" with 100% conviction and assurance. And, be at peace, wonderful peace and happiness, that is also good for your physical health. I experienced it 13 years ago, and if you should come up to that point, know that it will be the highlight of your life to date, whether the Lord takes you or decides to keep you. In either case, you and your family (past, present and future) will see each other within a decade or two, or three, eventually for sure. Glory be to God!

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) said:
quietmorning said:
I understand. That is when you can say "Thy will be done" with 100% conviction and assurance. And, be at peace, wonderful peace and happiness, that is also good for your physical health. I experienced it 13 years ago, and if you should come up to that point, know that it will be the highlight of your life to date, whether the Lord takes you or decides to keep you. In either case, you and your family (past, present and future) will see each other within a decade or two, or three, eventually for sure. Glory be to God!
**smiles**

beautifuly said, thank you.

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Oriental Orthodox Church
May the Lord grant healing to you and all in your family and may this indeed turn out to be nothing remarkable.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) said:
quietmorning said:
+1

Theologia

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Holy Theotokos, please pray to God for us.  Please heal our friend, QuietMorning, and keep her from all physical harm and disease.  Lord, have mercy.  Glory to God in the Highest.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord have mercy. My prayers continue. I do not know how to respond to the genetic allele problem. I have an unhelpful answer without knowing what it is. Live your life as you are clearly doing now, to the fullest according to your heart.

Ikonos

Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek
Lord have mercy on your handmaiden of God, Quietmorning!

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Continued prayers. Lord, have mercy.

elephant

High Elder
Reaction score
Lord Have Mercy Lord Have Mercy  Lord Have Mercy
Most Holy Theotokos Save Us
Saint Nektarios Pray For Us

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I am home from the hospital. Esophogas is fine, doc didn't see any scar tissue ot thickening or anything.  He said it looked healthy.  He did remove a polyp from my stomach and sent that to pathology, but didn't expect it to return as cancerous.  Thanks be to God! 

Going to sleep to sleep of the dope.  Thank you everyone for praying!

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
How about the kidney lesion?

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Oriental Orthodox Church
quietmorning said:
I am home from the hospital. Esophogas is fine, doc didn't see any scar tissue ot thickening or anything.  He said it looked healthy.  He did remove a polyp from my stomach and sent that to pathology, but didn't expect it to return as cancerous.  Thanks be to God! 

Going to sleep to sleep of the dope.  Thank you everyone for praying!
Glory to God.  Hope the rest comes back okay too.  God willing, it will.  :)

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Glory to God.