• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Bishop Williamson lashes out against the Jews again

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
Keble said:
The only online translators I found produced varying levels of incoherency, and I'm unwilling to take on faith a translation from a conspiracy site. I take it by this you found the article by tracing things back from one of those sites?
Being neither an conspiracy theory adherent, a Mason, an anti-Semite or a Zionist, I will settle for the determination of the Nobel Committee, the weight of recognized academic opinion within the study of history and the fact the Archons of St. Andrew would not presume to honor an individual with the Patriarch Athenagoras Humanitarian Award under false pretenses. (While it will merely 'fuel' the fervor of the conspiracy minded folks out there, I should not that the Archons ranks include at least one former CIA director, many other high ranking current or former American government officials and numerous academics. This will likely only convince those who would prefer to believe uncorroborated hearsay because it fits into their preconceived nothions, but such is the way of the world. )

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Reaction score
podkarpatska said:
Keble said:
The only online translators I found produced varying levels of incoherency, and I'm unwilling to take on faith a translation from a conspiracy site. I take it by this you found the article by tracing things back from one of those sites?
Being neither an conspiracy theory adherent, a Mason, an anti-Semite or a Zionist, I will settle for the determination of the Nobel Committee, the weight of recognized academic opinion within the study of history and the fact the Archons of St. Andrew would not presume to honor an individual with the Patriarch Athenagoras Humanitarian Award under false pretenses. (While it will merely 'fuel' the fervor of the conspiracy minded folks out there, I should not that the Archons ranks include at least one former CIA director, many other high ranking current or former American government officials and numerous academics. This will likely only convince those who would prefer to believe uncorroborated hearsay because it fits into their preconceived nothions, but such is the way of the world. )
The weight of recognized academic opinion is that God doesn't exist. Just saying…

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
Jonathan Gress said:
podkarpatska said:
Keble said:
The weight of recognized academic opinion is that God doesn't exist. Just saying…
???

(That's an invitation for clarification, btw  ;))

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Reaction score
J Michael said:
Jonathan Gress said:
podkarpatska said:
Keble said:
???

Nah, I just like stirring the pot. ;)

But on a serious note, no I am not certain that most academics don't believe in God. It just seems that way to me after spending six years in grad school…

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Jonathan Gress said:
J Michael said:
Jonathan Gress said:
podkarpatska said:
Keble said:
???

Nah, I just like stirring the pot. ;)

But on a serious note, no I am not certain that most academics don't believe in God. It just seems that way to me after spending six years in grad school…
You have my deepest sympathies  ;D!

And....you're probably right, given the general state of our institutions of "higher" learning these days  :(.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Faith
TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
Yes, the institutes of higher education seem to be degenerating to that of dog-like behavior.

At one local institution, one professor urinated on the door of another professor.

Lord Jesus Christ, come and save us.

Back on topic:

Bishop Williamson would do far better if he were to keep his mouth shut, except to preach Christ's death and Holy Resurrection.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Maria said:
Bishop Williamson would do far better if he were to keep his mouth shut, except to preach Christ's death and Holy Resurrection.
*All* bishops would do well to heed that advice.

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
USA
Maria said:
At one local institution, one professor urinated on the door of another professor.
Was the person who did such a gypsy from Romania?