• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Blessed Theophany!

Reaction score
As tonight we celebrate the forefeast of Theophany, I wanted to wish a Blessed Epiphany to all of my fellow Orthodox Christians on the Julian Calendar!

When Thou, O Lord, wast baptized in the Jordan, the worship of the Trinity was made manifest; for, the voice of the Father bare witness unto Thee, calling Thee His beloved Son; and the Spirit in the form of a dove confirmed the certainty of His word. O Christ our God, Who hast appeared and enlightened the worlds, Glory be to Thee!

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
Happy Theophany!

DerekMK

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I'm just back from a nice swim in the Dnieper river.  We had a nice, snowy but still festive Epiphany here! 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
Wow, make sure you warm up.  :) ;D

Reaction score
Νεκτάριος said:
I'm just back from a nice swim in the Dnieper river.  We had a nice, snowy but still festive Epiphany here! 
Makes me cold just thinking about it!

Blessed Theophany to you and yours!

DerekMK

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Here are some pictures from my city's celebration :)   

Brrrrr indeed!

Seth84

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Happy Theophany! 

Thankfully I didn't get any marks or bruises this year as all the Russian women stampeded towards the water after it had been blessed.  I was only pushed and elbowed in the ribs a few times! :D

yeshuaisiam

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Νεκτάριος said:
Here are some pictures from my city's celebration :)   

Brrrrr indeed!
I have to admit, those photos would be a culture shock at the churches I attend.  Women & men would never wear bathing suits (immodest) especially to a church function.  I'm not bashing at all, I mean to each their own.  BRRRR looks cold. 

Did any clergy jump in?