• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Board votes to relocate St Vladimir’s Orthodox Theological Seminary; Location to be determined

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
All, please stay somewhat on topic, and if you find controversial issues are related to this subject, go ahead and start a spinoff in Religious Topics/Nonreligious Topics. The spinoff can be found here.
Thanks. --Ainnir

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
And I will add that I probably should have used more emojis as was my habit a few years ago, but my "vote" was largely tongue-in-cheek, though I don't share the same reservations about the suggestion as others do.

Menas17

Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antioch
It’s what we politely call a backwards place.
Have you been to Texas? I would hardly call Austin, Dallas or Houston backwards. Unless you’re referring to all of them being Democrat run and that’s what makes them backwards.
Rural Texas is no more backward than rural New York, California, etc.