• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Body Weight Exercises

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Within the last three months I've lost quite a bit of weight.  I don't have a scale so I'm not sure of exactly how much but I'm down two pant sizes.  I've modified my diet and cut out almost all added sugar, pop, bread, pasta, and rice.  My carbs are only veggies and fruits.  Anyway, sorry to digress a bit, but I've been doing body weight exercises.  Here's a list that I've been doing every other day. 

1.  Squats
2. Burpees
3. Mountain Climbers
4. Turkish Get Ups (admittedly, I do use a 15 lb dumbell with one).
5. Push Ups (I'm up to 3 sets of 20 now.)
6. Pull Ups (still weak on these)
7. Chair Tricep pushes.
8. Side Squats.

At some point I'll probably get bored with these and am looking for some ideas from all y'all that have tried some (and gotten results) that I might not be aware of. 

Quinault

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Turkish Get-ups: you could (my husband has) use a child if you wanted to.

Velsigne

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Ab roller is good

Dog walking

Get a physically demanding job where you have to shovel rock 10 hours a day

Start your own rickshaw business!

:)

Velsigne

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
GabrieltheCelt said:
Velsigne said:
Ab roller is good

Dog walking

Get a physically demanding job where you have to shovel rock 10 hours a day

Start your own rickshaw business!

:)
Well, I do carry 5 gallon buckets of paint all day at work.

Well as you've noticed you can still gain just doing lifting and short bursts of heavy lifting

It the all day burn that gets you super fit...and usually makes you wish you were dead by 50

I used to shovel rock 10 hours a day and was eternally grateful that I didn't have to pull a rickshaw barefoot

It was my only consolation