• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Books on Quantum Mechanics?

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I'm calling on the smart folks here to recommend a book or two on Quantum Mechanics that can be understood without mathematics (in other words, for dummy's).

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score
One of my favorite subjects! There've been a lot of books published on it, I'll have to look through them to see which ones are most suitable for beginners. I'll come up with a couple recommendations hopefully within a few days.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
"Hyperspace" by Michio Kaku is good. It's pretty readable, even if you don't usually read science.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Fwiw, I like Brian Greene. He goes out of his way to make stuff more accessible to John Q. HighSchoolGrad, and he's also fairly open to some less traditional ideas, and pushes a few himself. Of course his critics say that being so popularizing-oriented leads him to be less precise with terminology, less rigorous with information, and less scientifical-sounding with his proposals and conclusions, and that his leaning towards exotic stuff leads him to mislead the public into thinking that certain ideas have more support than they really do have in the scientific community. The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality would probably work for a start though, if you were interested. There's also video of him around the net, such as at the World Science U thing he does.