• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Bucharest approves of mosque-if the ROC gets a Church in Constantinople

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Enough one sidedness!
The Romanian Patriarchy was informed in 2005 about the building in Romania of a mosque for the Muslim community and has nothing against it, but expects to get a piece of land in Istanbul to build a pilgrimage centre with chapel.
Father Constantin Stoica, the spokesman for the Romanian Patriarchy, told Mediafax that the mutual principle must be respected and the Romanian Orthodox Church should receive land in Istanbul in similar conditions as the land granted in Bucharest for the Muslim community.
http://actmedia.eu/daily/patriarchy-is-not-against-building-of-mosque-and-expects-land-in-istanbul-in-exchange/59221
God bless the Patriarchate of Romania!

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
The EP will break  off communion with them over building a church on their turf. Just like JP.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
The EP will break  off communion with them over building a church on their turf. Just like JP.
Are the two Bulgarian churches in Istanbul under the Bulgarian church or the EP?

IreneOlinyk

High Elder
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Not if it is handled in the right way: the Romanians get the land for free and fund a new church.  Then the Romanians send a priest to celebrate in Romanian for the Romanians in Turkey but he is tranferred to the jurisdiction of the EP while serving there. 
A few years ago there was a post here about a Russian Orthodox priest serving in Turkey for all those Russians living and working there: but the priest was under the jurisdiction of the EP.
By the way: how many Muslims are there in Romania?

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Not if it's a metochion.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
These places in Christendom are far from my locality. (Its not in my local area) ...

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
WPM said:
These places in Christendom are far from my locality. (Its not in my local area) ...
You say this about a lot of things. Would you mind explaining why?

Reaction score
WPM said:
am i the only one preplexed on what this guy ever trying to say? ::scratches head::

Orest

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Did you read this part of the article here:
“Negotiations for receiving land in Istanbul are carried out between states. The land we will receive in Istanbul will be for the construction of a pilgrimage centre with chapel for pilgrims who reach Istanbul,” said father Stoica.

He showed that in 2004 the Ecumenical Patriarchy gave the Romanian Patriarchy the Saint Parascheva Church for the Romanians who live in Istanbul and surrounding areas.
Looks like the Romanians already have a church with the blessing of the EP.