• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Bulgaria’s capital Sofia hosts the Festival of Religions

Second Chance

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From the article: "It is expected six faith groups to open stalls where visitors can learn more about the religious groups’ beliefs and practices.

Those to be represented are the Bulgarian Orthodox Church, the Muslim religion, the religious community of Jews in Bulgaria, the Armenian Apostolic Church, the Roman Catholic exarchate and the Evangelical Alliance Bulgaria."

This is good news for me. There is a tendency to push hard against competition, particularly Roman Catholic and Protestant, in majority-Orthodox nations. The Bulgarian Church seems to have shed that fatal weakness.

http://www.pravmir.com/bulgaria-s-capital-sofia-hosts-festival-religions/#ixzz3F7agu0i8

lovesupreme

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
The Jews are only going to target other Jews, and I seriously doubt the Armenians are going to try to "steal sheep."