Byzantine Cause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello my Orthodox brothers and sisters. My name is Konstantinos and I hail from Michigan, United States. I am here looking for support for the Hellenic cause. I am related to the last Byzantine dynasty, the Palaeologi. I feel it is my duty to help protect and defend the Orthodox nations of this world and to hold back the Islamic wave. I have already gathered around 100 supporters in less then 6 months! I know this is a nearly impossible idea but remember, everything once started from a dream. I am welcoming any Christian to my cause and I hope that you will see the light in this. I swear by my life that I am royalty and that I would die for this cause. I come to you all as a humble servant of Christ. Please respond if you are interested.

Sincerely,

Konstantinos

ByzantineSerb

Reaction score
Um....hmm.

Well, welcome is quintessentially my first response.

Ben

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I am interested, in a kinda freaked out way. lol...but I'm not even Orthodox, but I am interested, weirded out, but interested.

Ben

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
oh by the way.....WELCOME! This is a great place! I hope you enjoy your stay!

ByzantineSerb

Reaction score
JoeZollars said:
why? Moscow is third Rome! we must restore the Romanov Dynasty! ;)
Joe Zollars
My history teacher recently went to Moscow (with a small contingent of other Americans), and he was asking a high school their thoughts about America and other issues, and at one point, a few students said that Russia needed to become a monarchy again.

I would move to Russia for such a movement (unless Serbia found a link to the Nemanjas ;D).

Reaction score
Well I believe we should restore Constantinople to Christian hands because that is more important than restoring Moscow to a monarchy. I believe in the Rurik dynasty or the first Russian dynasty which I am related to through Constantine the elevenths niece, Zoe, who married the first Czar, Ivan the 3rd who then gave birth to Ivan the terrible! Please respond.

josh

Archon
Reaction score
Your Royal Highness in the Highest, Heir to the Throne of the Second Rome and Defender of All that is Holy,

What, exactly, do you plan on doing once you've assembled this Byzantine army?

Reaction score
Well hello Antonius, it is nice of you to be responding to me, I thank you. This will be accomplished by the Orthodox nations uniting, one way is creating a political party such as a monarchy party and seizing the government, then uniting the Orthodox nations. And eventually the New Byzantium will rid Constantinople of the Turks and their footprint. Please respond.

spartacus

Elder
Reaction score
Well I want to thank you very much...we have a family that just immigrated from Turkey and now I have something to discuss with them tonight at Ascension. Based on what I learned from them though I think you got about as much chance at leading this movement to victory as I do of becoming the Pope.

Sorry...but I would suggest you familiarize yourself a little more with the situation and the enemy you face before developing any concept of an operation or stating objectives.

Just a little advice from a broken down old soldier.

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Your Highness, I support you in principle, but I don't see your objectives as being realistic. We need more specific information on how this would really be possible please.

Reaction score
Well my friend Antonious, I thank you from the bottom of my heart that you are supporting me firstly. I have started my own political party called the National Orthodox Conservative Party, which I hope you join. We shall travel to Greece and Serbia, disperse. We will all campaign for our cause, and attempt to gain a political position of some stature. In the meanwhile we shall form a private army, not a terrorist organization. And hopefully if I gain a political position then we shall become more known and hopefully win over the country(ies). Please my friend in Christ, join me, even though the road is long and hard, we will succeed! Please respond

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
umm is it just me or does this seem as the most Un-Orthodox thing ever?! I mean raising private armies?! I am all for militia forces and have volunteered to serve in the Arkansas Liberation Organization when the time is ripe, but to conquer in the name of Orthodoxy?! Perhaps funding an army of missionaries would be a better response.

Joe Zollars

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
Oh, and as a long time monarchist, I feel it my duty to inform you that you are indeed not the rightful heir to the throne. The Throne should first go to a direct descendent who is a member of another ruling house but not in a direct line of succession. The best person to fulfill this is HRH Prince Henry Mountbatton (Prince Harry).

Interestingly he also won an unnofficial poll conducted by the American Royalist Assosciation as the best candidate for the position of King of America.

Joe Zollars

Status
Not open for further replies.