Byzantine Cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

theodore

Reaction score
I'm sorry Baron Zollars. The jig is up. Consider yourself dismissed. By the authority of the Crown Prince of Kalamazoo, I hereby banish you to the bleak hinterlands known as Kansas. Your exile to this hostile territory is effective immediately.

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
ByzntinePrince said:
These are nothing but lies from Mr.Zollars, as a matter of fact in our conversation he claimed to be related to the last German Dynasty! I am not lying about the church I attend, it is new. As for the Bishop I never said that and I deny his lies. Please dismiss him.
umm are you aware I saved the internet conversation?

Joe Zollars

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
theodore said:
I'm sorry Baron Zollars. The jig is up. Consider yourself dismissed. By the authority of the Crown Prince of Kalamazoo, I hereby banish you to the bleak hinterlands known as Kansas. Your exile to this hostile territory is effective immediately.
Say it isn't so! Well it's ok. As a Southron (that is genuine Sweet Tea running in these veins folks!) I don't recognize teh authority of any person from Michigan (or Massachutes for that matter).

Joe Zollars

spiros

Reaction score
I am enjoying these posts so much that I decided to post instead of lurking!
I am an Orthodox layman in Western Pa. and not Royalty in any way. I also lurk on A Byzantine catholic board and saw that the Prince has visited them as well.

Serious question- Would not an ethnarch (metropolitan Bishop with Civil Power)such as that formerly of Cyprus or Montengro be much more Orthodox than just a crummy king?

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
Achtung! I shall have my revenge! I am going to retake the thrown of Prussia. ;)

Please folks let let the insanity die. I'm an American, your an American, and judging from our IM conversation the crown prince of Kalamazoo (who by his own admission is only 25% greek and is in fact himself a Prussian and also by his own admission has converted within the last year) is a genuine American.

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
we must be in obedience to our circumstances--not dreaming fanciful dreams that would be cured if the holder of such fantasies would just get out in the real worldl.....

Joe Zollars

theodore

Reaction score
spiros said:
I am enjoying these posts so much that I decided to post instead of lurking!
I am an Orthodox layman in Western Pa. and not Royalty in any way. I also lurk on A Byzantine catholic board and saw that the Prince has visited them as well.

Serious question- Would not an ethnarch (metropolitan Bishop with Civil Power)such as that formerly of Cyprus or Montengro be much more Orthodox than just a crummy king?
Duuude, we're not talkin bout bein no stinkin king. We're talkin EMPEROR baby! ;D

theodore

Reaction score
By the way, welcome aboard Spiros. In regards to your serious question, while an ethnarch type situation has existed in certain areas due to historical circumstances, I don't really see that as an ideal. One thing which I think was a benefit for the Eastern Church over the Western was the fact that the Eastern Patriarchs didn't have the civil authority which the Roman Popes assumed in the power vacuum following the demise of the Western Empire. You have over a thousand years of Popes ruling central Italy, and acting more like sovereigns than spiritual leaders.

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
The Columbia World of Quotations. 1996.

NUMBER: 60924
QUOTATION: Genius is not a retainer to any emperor.
ATTRIBUTION: Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862), U.S. philosopher, author, naturalist. Walden (1854), in The Writings of Henry David Thoreau, vol. 2, p. 63, Houghton Mifflin (1906).
BIOGRAPHY: Columbia Encyclopedia.

Joe Zollars

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
Folks, I don't normally like to post off-site IM conversations, but I feel this is especially apropriate. Hopefully it keeps people from being sucked into his cult. This stuff is not funny folks. This guy is SCAAARy!

Kingthingol8: You just want to beat the f******* dog dont you?
Kingthingol8: sou g****** m****
Kingthingol8: You southern hick you are a disgrace to the Hohenzoullern dynasty
Kingthingol8: Hitler would spit upon you
JoeZollars: if hitler would spit on me, thank God!

For those who don't believe me or have questions, I have all conversations with this particular non-gentleman saved and would be happy to share them as proof. Please do not listen to this man. Mods, please ban him today!

Joe Zollars

Ben

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Yes please ban him! I mean my God he has 14 year old boys willing to spend their senior year in High School in Serbia fighting for him, and some anti-Islam Facist government.

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
I ask again, why not send a group of Missionaries to reinvigorate the faith in this area of the world? Since when do we have to send armies to conquer the heterodox. I am sorry but this is the most Un-Orthodox idea since Sola Scriptura.

Joe Zollars

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
folks, I wanted to state that with my earlier post, I did not intend to post such language nor would have under normal circumstances. Notice though that these extremely off-color words are coming straight from the lips of ByzantinePrince himself.

Joe Zollars

PS: I just found out what the greek meant. :eek:

Ben

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Joe, I think you should have left what the Prince said..rather than put "f******". But I understand why you did this. But is should be understood that the Prince used the whole word, not just "f******".

JoeZollars

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
geocities.com
I removed what he said because I felt it was inapropriate, and might offend. Apparently Konstantine was not so worried about offending.

Joe Zollars

Status
Not open for further replies.