• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Calls for removal of "anti-Semitic" imagery in Orthodox Liturgy

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Jurisdiction
But my heart belongs to Finland
Michał Kalina said:
And yes, I acknowledge the right of Macedonian to self-identity (maybe not under that LARP-ing name).
But didn't you know Alexander the Great was a Slav who spoke a Bulgarian dialect?

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
USA
Michał Kalina said:
stanley123 said:
If Macedonian is a recognised nationality and ethnicity, why have some of the Orthodox Churches not recognised the Macedonian Orthodox Church?
Because they were founded by Communists.
I didn't know  that the Communists had anything to do with the founding of the Macedonian Orthodox Church in the year 999. Fifty five years before the schism,  the Macedonian Orthodox Church  was formed with the blessing of Pope Sylvester II in the year 999.  Pope Sylvester II was not a member of the Communist Party.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
stanley123 said:
Michał Kalina said:
stanley123 said:
If Macedonian is a recognised nationality and ethnicity, why have some of the Orthodox Churches not recognised the Macedonian Orthodox Church?
I didn't know  that the Communists had anything to do with the founding of the Macedonian Orthodox Church in the year 999. Fifty five years before the schism,  the Macedonian Orthodox Church  was formed with the blessing of Pope Sylvester II in the year 999.  Pope Sylvester II was not a member of the Communist Party.
Macedonian Orthodox Church was founded in 1967 by Tito.

Santagranddad

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Michał Kalina said:
stanley123 said:
Michał Kalina said:
stanley123 said:
Reminds me of another founder, Uncle 'Joe' Stalin, that loveable founder of today's Moscow Patriarchate.

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
USA
Michał Kalina said:
stanley123 said:
Michał Kalina said:
stanley123 said:
The autocephalous Macedonian Orthodox Church has existed, first at Prespa and then in Ohrid, since the time of Tsar Samuil in the mid tenth century. Until the time of Samuil, the church in Macedonia had been under the jurisdiction of the Bulgarian Patriarchate founded by Tsar Symeon. According to  Lidija Slaveska : ---The independent Macedonian Orthodox Church in Samuil's Macedonian state had the final say in the whole of spiritual and educational life, it regulated legal and family relations and united the people under the symbol of its name, in the spirit of the widely-accepted medieval principle of unity between church and state, in accordance with the apostolic theory that there is no power other than that of God---  The Church was given legal support by Basil II in 1018.
Please see:
Etnogenezata na makedonskiot narod: Kontinuitet i tradicija : nekoi aspekti ,  Lidija Slaveska
and
Makedonski Icelenuchki Almanac

Shanghaiski

Merarches
Reaction score
Santagranddad said:
Michał Kalina said:
stanley123 said:
Michał Kalina said:
stanley123 said:
Reminds me of another founder, Uncle 'Joe' Stalin, that loveable founder of today's Moscow Patriarchate.
You must not be of the ROCA with Moscow then.

Santagranddad

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Shanghaiski said:
Santagranddad said:
Michał Kalina said:
stanley123 said:
Michał Kalina said:
stanley123 said:
I didn't know  that the Communists had anything to do with the founding of the Macedonian Orthodox Church in the year 999. Fifty five years before the schism,  the Macedonian Orthodox Church  was formed with the blessing of Pope Sylvester II in the year 999.  Pope Sylvester II was not a member of the Communist Party.
You must not be of the ROCA with Moscow then.
No, I like others could not go along with the betrayal of what ROCOR had stood for and which it now is bearing the sad fruits of. Non-Russian clergy being told they must change their mentality, join in ecumenical prayer and prayer with those of other faiths. All entirely in keeping with the Canons of the Church, not. All more in keeping with the long standing organ grinder's, OGPU/KGB/FSB, instructions.