• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

catholic answers forum bars orthodox dicussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
Jetavan said:
Wait, I was just reading Papa Gregorio's post a few hours ago!
Check the Eastern Catholic Forum, 'taint there no more...... nor are any of the 6 responses to it (the top of the first one is visible in the second photo).

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
paradoxy said:
EDIT: to be fair, they now do give a reason - 'publicly discussing moderator actions'
Hey, I didn't know infallibility extended to moderators!
I wonder how I can use my own "Divine Right of Moderators" to remove threads, lock people out of the forum, and then ban anyone who dares question me? :D

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I haven't read any posts from brother bogoljub over there for about a day or two ..i wonder did they .........stashko

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Reaction score
When banning individuals, CAF has a choice: We can give a banned member a tag that makes public that he has been banned; or we can ban him privately so that a public stir is not created and so that he can retain the dignity of appearing to have stopped participating of his own volition. With members of longstanding, CAF staff often choose the latter option. The downside to this is that the member can then make it appear that CAF is engaged in covert behavior against him, but we feel that the positives often outweigh the negative.

In order that I resist the temptation to "make it appear that CAF is engaged in covert behavior against him"  would someone please inform the CAF staf that I wish to have "Banned" under my name.

CAF is simply playing dishonest games with me and the others (about 11 members) who have been secretly banned.    I have been alarmed to see posts which imply that maybe we are not banned at all and are just trying to make CAF look bad.  To protect herself and to allow the blame to fall on those who are banned Catherine Grant is dishonestly concealing our true status.

So, if anyone is in touch with CAF staff please tell them that that I encourage them to have the courage of publicly sharing their decision to ban us forever and that we desire to see the word Banned shown under our names.

Let CAF stop being deceptive, stop issuing vacuous statements of self-justification  and let them tell the truth.  Is that too much to ask?

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Irish Hermit said:

In order that I resist the temptation to "make it appear that CAF is engaged in covert behavior against him"  would someone please inform the CAF staf that I wish to have "Banned" under my name.

CAF is simply playing dishonest games with me and the others (about 11 members) who have been secretly banned.    I have been alarmed to see posts which imply that maybe we are not banned at all and are just trying to make CAF look bad.  To protect herself and to allow the blame to fall on those who are banned Catherine Grant is dishonestly concealing our true status.

So, if anyone is in touch with CAF staff please tell them that that I encourage them to have the courage of publicly sharing their decision to ban us forever and that we desire to see the word Banned shown under our names.

Let CAF stop being deceptive, stop issuing vacuous statements of self-justification  and let them tell the truth.  Is that too much to ask?
Father Ambrose ; Were are our names,,i don't see them anywhere  ,,, where does one look for them .... stashko

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Reaction score
stashko said:
Father Ambrose ; Were are our names,,i don't see them anywhere  ,,, where does one look for them .... stashko
Our names and status are shown at the top left of our messages, and in our Profiles.

orthodoxlurker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score

Not a big deal. Yet, for the sake of facts, I never requested my account to be suspended.

That's how ecumenical talks with some RC end.

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Alexius said:
Did they what? Make him disappear? ;) Soon his posts will be sleepin' with the fishes...
God only knows and bogoljub unless he appears here and tells us he's been banned...stashko

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
orthodoxlurker said:

Not a big deal. Yet, for the sake of facts, I never requested my account to be suspended.

If so, then this goes beyond "not telling the truth" and becomes just plain old lying.

stashko

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Irish Hermit said:
Our names and status are shown at the top left of our messages, and in our Profiles.
How does one access his profile if you can't log in stashko

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
I think you
need glasses"]"I just checked the Member List and I show he is not banned as you say he was.
This shows that Catherine Grant's policy of "trying to protect our dignity" by not showing us as banned is having the opposite effect.

Our reputation is being damaged by her dishonest concealment of our true status.

Because we are still shown as active members, other members do not know we are banned and I have seen messages on CAF accusing us of

1.  lying about our status
2.  "punishing" other members by refusing to participate
3.  sulking
4.  trying to make CAF look bad.

An honest and open "Banned" under our names would do more to restore our dignity than Catherine Grant's present policy of concealment which is having the opposite effect.

Tell the truth, Catherine, and shame the devil.

paradoxy

Reaction score
Papa Gregorio, reading your last post on CAF was a treat! Pity they don't want to believe it...

Orthodoxlurker, I can't believe they did that! This sure goes from 'mental reservation' and merely implying untruth to outright lying.

Father Ambrose, is 'athair ambrois' secretly banned too? Just a thought. Perhaps you could tell them 'in person' you'd like to be openly banned.

You do all realize, of course - and they must realize it as well - that we could all easily re-register under new names every time we get banned and post the truth about what happened every hour or so. That would cause more of a 'public stir' than openly banning unwanted members. I'm not saying this is a decent thing to do, of course - just pointing out how easily it could be done and how silly this whole cover-up operation seems in light of that.

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Reaction score
paradoxy said:
Father Ambrose, is 'athair ambrois' secretly banned too? Just a thought. Perhaps you could tell them 'in person' you'd like to be openly banned.
Just attempted to sign in as athair ambrois and this is what happened......

This change will be lifted: Never

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Reaction score
paradoxy said:
You do all realize, of course - and they must realize it as well - that we could all easily re-register under new names every time we get banned and post the truth about what happened every hour or so.
Received this via a friend...

I was talking to a friend about you getting back on Catholic Forums. He said:

Go to the link that I am providing you below, download the ' Hide-your-ip' software. (don't click on the one that says ' buy it' just click on upper right hand where it says ' download'.  It is for free. Once you download it  install it into your pc, and when you activate it it will change your ip add so as Catholic forums cannot keep you off.

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/

paradoxy

Reaction score
Irish Hermit said:

the slave

High Elder
Reaction score
ooooooh sneaky

Does anyone know if they are actually banning by IP or have managed to link folks alter egos ?

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Irish Hermit said:

Even under the Patriot Act, you get some semblance of a trial.

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Reaction score
paradoxy said:
You do all realize, of course - and they must realize it as well - that we could all easily re-register under new names every time we get banned and post the truth about what happened every hour or so.
Just followed up on your suggestion.

"Since I am Banned Please Show me as Banned"
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=2998437#post2998437

paradoxy

Reaction score
Irish Hermit said:
Just followed up on your suggestion.

"Since I am Banned Please Show me as Banned"
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=2998437#post2998437
I have a slava dinner to attend in a couple of hours!

Oh well, I guess we'll have to be late, as I'll have to see what happens now!

orthodoxlurker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
paradoxy said:
Orthodoxlurker, I can't believe they did that! This sure goes from 'mental reservation' and merely implying untruth to outright lying.
Well, sis, "if the goat is lying, teh horn isnt lying", isn't it? (This one could become as famous as "don't mix grandmothers and frogs" in lieu of "don't mix apples and oranges", but I'll hardly become FM any time soon :D )  That's why I posted the snapshoot.

paradoxy

Reaction score
orthodoxlurker said:
Well, sis, "if the goat is lying, teh horn isnt lying", isn't it? (This one could become as famous as "don't mix grandmothers and frogs" in lieu of "don't mix apples and oranges", but I'll hardly become FM any time soon :D )  That's why I posted the snapshoot.
ROTFL!  :laugh:

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au

MODERATION:
Guys,
Please read Fr. Chris' moderation earlier in this thread:

FrChris said:
Source: Link Disabled

Will everyone please read this thread:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13455.0.html

Actions not tolerated on this site include:
3) Posting of links to any webfora. 
Fr. Chris' renowned Irish temper with Greek influences is beginnning to be awakened. It would be best for all involved to review the linked thread on this website.

This means that you cannot post links to other fora (correct plural of "forum"!).
There may be a way around this.
If you remove the "http://www." from the front of the address you are referring to, it disables the link. Those reading then have to copy and paste it into their browser address bar and add the "www." and/or "http://" at the beginning.
Could you please do so while I check with Fr. Chris if this is acceptable.
Thanks,

George

paradoxy

Reaction score
Irish Hermit said:
I see the number of readers of the message has jumped up to 136.  At least people are learning the truth about the secret bannings.
Bless, Father!

I've just seen this, too! Just everyone note, if replying to this topic, that Crumpy changed the title - so re-type the original one, please.

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
MODERATION:
Guys,
One more thing.
This thread is probably going to use a lot of images.
Try to avoid uploading the image by attaching it to your post, as this uses up our bandwidth. Instead, what you can do is upload your image to a free image hosting site like www.imageshack.us and then linking to your image by adding the direct link to the image in your post thus:

[img]http://www.imagehoster.com/myimage.jpg[/img]

George

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
Please read Fr. Chris' moderation earlier in this thread:
Apologies.  I saw a post which said something about allowing links in this particular thread and restoring ones that the Mod had deleted, or maybe it was only about discussing whether we could show links in this thread?

If you remove the "http://www." from the front of the address you are referring to, it disables the link. Those reading then have to copy and paste it into their browser address bar and add the "www." and/or "http://" at the beginning.
Could you please do so while I check with Fr. Chris if this is acceptable.
Just went to do so, but you beat me to it. Thanks.

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Reaction score
New thread started by Cascherman in Staff Chat

What is happening to our Orthodox Members?
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=2998544#post2998544

Heracleides

Elder
Reaction score
I just checked CAF and see that I have a nice, clear, and concise Banned beneath my single post which hasn't vanished (yet).

I am now feeling very special.  ;D

You others just didn't try hard enough.  ;)

JoeS

OC.Net Guru
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Irish Hermit said:
New thread started by Cascherman in Staff Chat

What is happening to our Orthodox Members?
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=2998544#post2998544
If Cascherman keeps insisting on knowing why we are not there, he may find himself on the outside looking in.

the slave

High Elder
Reaction score
Update

For those who can get there - there is a new locked thread :(

for those that can't
<<I want to have a peaceful Thanksgiving with my family.

If you have questions or concerns about the changes in the Eastern Catholicism board, about the response to changes in the Eastern Catholicism board, about the posting privileges of people who were active on the Eastern Christianity board, or about any other moderator or administrator actions in any way related to the Eastern Christianity or Eastern Catholicism boards, then you may direct them to the moderators or administrators by phone, email, or PM.

Any member who publicly posts on the issue again will be banned.

I regret that this decision is necessary and I welcome personal messages with questions or concerns. This public barrage is in violation of several of our forum rules and is now done.>>

I make no comment

wynd

High Elder
Reaction score
orthodoxlurker said:

So they "resigned" you on their own?

Side note: nice OS choice  ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.