catholic answers forum bars orthodox dicussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradosis

Reaction score
Joab Anias said:
I just got banned from CA for mentioning the name change of the old thread! I didn't even realize I was messing up! Arrgh.

So now I know how you all feel. Bummer!
They banned you?  I'm really surprised at the actions of CAF.  I'm glad you've joined us here, though!  :)

God bless,

Adam (ForeverAdam) 

yeshua

Reaction score
Joab Anias said:
I just got banned from CA for mentioning the name change of the old thread! I didn't even realize I was messing up! Arrgh.

I believe you also got banned due to complaints made by some of the Eastern and Oriental Catholic posters.

Peace and God Bless!

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Joab Anias said:

Welcome Joab. 

I notice that they DID put banned under your name right away.  I guess you are so wicked (LOL) that your don't merit the courtesy that we are told is extended to Fr. Ambrose et alia on why they do not appear as banned.

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
BigFatGreekDaddy said:
If the (CAF) is really the most read catholic board, it is an amazing thing that they do treat all things Eastern with such contempt now.
They could have simply dissolved the entire subforum, and simply moved all things Eastern to another more generic forum.

Instead, new forum, simply serves to not only showcase disinformation on Eastern Christianity, but to visibly demonstrate what abhorrence that these catholics have for the truth held in the East.  All without giving us an opportunity to defend ourselves, or even give a modicum of hackamore to the Latin hate machine.

These new moderators are prime examples of why the RCC has been distrusted in the East for a 1,000 years.
It seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Bile must be the gravy best served up with these Latin propagandists.

Yum :p
I noticed that someone posted on how the forum change was better and those who were interested only is schism don't post know because they're conscience doesn't allow it (written in derision).  No mention of those who were banned but whose profiles don't show it.

Joab Anias

Reaction score
yeshua said:
I believe you also got banned due to complaints made by some of the Eastern and Oriental Catholic posters.

Peace and God Bless!
Why would they complain when I agree with them?

Joab Anias

Reaction score
ialmisry said:
I noticed that someone posted on how the forum change was better and those who were interested only is schism don't post know because they're conscience doesn't allow it (written in derision).  No mention of those who were banned but whose profiles don't show it.
I think that was me and what I got banned for because I believe it violated a new rule the mod made on Thanksgiving day that I failed to heed I guess. I never did know when to shut up. That part was edited out though.

Joab Anias

Reaction score
ialmisry said:
Welcome Joab. 

I notice that they DID put banned under your name right away.  I guess you are so wicked (LOL) that your don't merit the courtesy that we are told is extended to Fr. Ambrose et alia on why they do not appear as banned.
They sure did. No warning either. I was shocked because I didn't realize I had broken the "no mention of the old thread rule". 

the slave

High Elder
Reaction score
I've joined the banned ones

<<Your account has been locked for the following reason:
Sock Puppetry

This change will be lifted: Never>>

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
the slave said:

Sock Puppetry

What's sock puppetry?

Joab Anias

Reaction score
Paradosis said:
They banned you?  I'm really surprised at the actions of CAF.  I'm glad you've joined us here, though!  :)

God bless,

Adam (ForeverAdam) 
Yes they did. I guess I deserved it because I unwittingly broke a rule that was bannable. Seems the new moderator isn't fooling around. I had read it too just yesterday and even saw mention of it here.

This was at the end of post I made trying to answer anothers question as to the history of Eastern Catholics:

In fact, when this thread was called Eastern Christianity such discord was widely sewn in this thread. Since the change for the better name (Eastern Catholic) those who professed Catholics as heretics left in protest claiming to not be able to remain here in good conscience. They could find no purpose without a schismatic agenda to propagate.
I guess I deserved it. I'm an idiot! Thats what I get for being a curmudeon. I am sorry.  :(

I also wrote that it seemed apparent that because of Orthodox inactivity you all apparently weren't interested in unity.

This was before I knew you were all banned and it wasn't showing though. I am sorry for that as well.

I hope you all can forgive me and if not I understand.

Peace.

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
BigFatGreekDaddy said:
If the (CAF) is really the most read catholic board, it is an amazing thing that they do treat all things Eastern with such contempt now.
They could have simply dissolved the entire subforum, and simply moved all things Eastern to another more generic forum.

Instead, new forum, simply serves to not only showcase disinformation on Eastern Christianity, but to visibly demonstrate what abhorrence that these catholics have for the truth held in the East.  All without giving us an opportunity to defend ourselves, or even give a modicum of hackamore to the Latin hate machine.

These new moderators are prime examples of why the RCC has been distrusted in the East for a 1,000 years.
Yes. I was sorry to see something like this happen. It was an interesting and informative forum while it lasted and many of us were happy to learn from it. Just a few days before the E Christianity forum crashed, Joe Monahan had posted a congratulatory note to several participants with a beaming description of the forum as one of the best around.

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Irish Hermit said:
Forbidden, as a great wickedness, by canons of both the Greek and Russian Churches.
Gary Kasparov has a new book out: How Life Imitates Chess, Making the right moves from the board to the boardroom. I have a feeling that CAF has made several wrong moves recently.

Joab Anias

Reaction score
BigFatGreekDaddy said:
I don't think the mods treat anything with contempt except contempt.

That probably would have been the best as well as the traditional catholic thread too. Both threads seem to only cause division over volitile issues.

Instead, new forum, simply serves to not only showcase disinformation on Eastern Christianity, but to visibly demonstrate what abhorrence that these catholics have for the truth held in the East.  All without giving us an opportunity to defend ourselves, or even give a modicum of hackamore to the Latin hate machine.
There just doesn't seem to be so many Eastern Catholics involved. I think the biggest obsticle is the ignornace of the theology of the east. I admit I have seen Romans with ideas of Latinizations but I don't blame them. They know not what they do.

Discipline is hard to take. Especially when your intentions are good. But I suppose these things are the stones that pave the way to sanctity.

Bile must be the gravy best served up with these Latin propagandists.
I don't know how to respond to that. Its about as bad as what I said to get banned. By the way it was just as derogatory to Orthodoxy and I am Roman yet I was banned just the same. You all should take note of that. I a Roman was banned by CA for a derogatory comment against Orthodoxy, though there is a chance it was more for just mentioning the old thread. Who knows.

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
Joab Anias said:
I guess I deserved it. I'm an idiot!
You're not an idiot. You acted with the best information you had.

Athanasios said:
I also wrote that it seemed apparent that because of Orthodox inactivity you all apparently weren't interested in unity.

This was before I knew you were all banned and it wasn't showing though. I am sorry for that as well.

I hope you all can forgive me and if not I understand.
God forgives.

Joab Anias

Reaction score
the slave said:

Sock Puppetry

I didn't even get a reason. Just the one that says I can't access anything. I guess I am left to speculate. Perhaps I tried to understand Orthodoxy to much and as such also understood the Vaticans encouragement of the Eastern Catholics to preserve their theology and custom. This caused me to denounce a couple of misunderstandings about latinizations in a couple of threads.

Joab Anias

Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
The same person deceptively using a different account.
I sent an e-mail asking for an appeal but I won't bother playing the ip changing game, though I could I prefer to be honest and respect them. Whats the point, I would still be me and they would see it anyhow.  ;)

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Joab Anias said:
I didn't even get a reason. Just the one that says I can't access anything. I guess I am left to speculate. Perhaps I tried to understand Orthodoxy to much and as such also understood the Vaticans encouragement of the Eastern Catholics to preserve their theology and custom. This caused me to denounce a couple of misunderstandings about latinizations in a couple of threads.
In reading through your posts on CAF, I don't see where CAF had any reason for objection.

Joab Anias

Reaction score
stanley123 said:
In reading through your posts on CAF, I don't see where CAF had any reason for objection.
Oh well, I don't know. It certainly doesn't feel right but as St. DeMonfort says; Amen so be it. Maybe she felt I was to close to the old forum. I don't really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.