catholic answers forum bars orthodox dicussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Hermit

Merarches
Reaction score
Commiserations to the new Bannees, Joab and The Slave/Wannabee.  CAF has started to devour even its own!!  I suspect that the Mod for the Eastern Catholicism Forum is out of her depth and simply cannot moderate effectively in an Eastern environment. 

But... congratulations on having Banned under your names!  It's more of a courtesy than the rest of us were shown (about 13 of us, I think)

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
Irish Hermit said:
CAF has started to devour even its own!!
Exactly as I said they would just over a week ago in this very thread:
ozgeorge said:
Well, yes, they certainly are free to do so. But what kind of company are they in when they undertake a bibliocaust?
"Where one burns books, one will soon burn people."  -Heinrich Heine

Heracleides

Elder
Reaction score
Irish Hermit said:
Commiserations to the new Bannees, Joab and The Slave/Wannabee.  CAF has started to devour even its own!!  I suspect that the Mod for the Eastern Catholicism Forum is out of her depth and simply cannot moderate effectively in an Eastern environment. 
I am curious - does anyone know if the new moderator is an Eastern Catholic? Somehow I get the feeling that Ms. Grant is a Roman Catholic and like Fr. Ambrose I come away feeling that she is truly out of her depth.  I believe Wynd publicly asked the question but never received a reply.  Does anyone happen to know?

Quinault

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
She was asked in her intro thread if she was eastern catholic. She is not. She did go onto talk about chocolate bribes though... :laugh: Maybe it is all too true? Did any of those that are banned try to bribe her with chocolate? If I get a banishment I will try to appeal with nice dark chocolate. ;D

Quinault

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Oh! Wait! There are guests viewing this! Maybe she is one of them and will now ban me to get chocolate! Ooops! If I get banned, I will know why. No chocolate=no love at CAF.

Quinault

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Father Ambrose;
You are quite well known over on CAF. My dear friend, a Catholic, remembers you clearly and is absoutely shocked that you would be banned. You are well thought of even in the "Family" section of the board.

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Heracleides said:
I am curious - does anyone know if the new moderator is an Eastern Catholic? Somehow I get the feeling that Ms. Grant is a Roman Catholic and like Fr. Ambrose I come away feeling that she is truly out of her depth.  I believe Wynd publicly asked the question but never received a reply.  Does anyone happen to know?
I don't know how they choose their moderators. I don't know if anyone can apply or if the person is chosen on the basis of an inside recommendation. 

Paradosis

Reaction score
Joab Anias said:
I guess I deserved it. I'm an idiot! Thats what I get for being a curmudeon. I am sorry.  :(

I also wrote that it seemed apparent that because of Orthodox inactivity you all apparently weren't interested in unity.

This was before I knew you were all banned and it wasn't showing though. I am sorry for that as well.

I hope you all can forgive me and if not I understand.

Peace.
First, you're far from an idiot, my friend.  No reputable forum should ban a person over forgetting/not being aware of a new rule.  I'm only staying on CAF to provide some semblance of an Orthodox response.  They'll probably ban me eventually.  And God forgives us all.  We all jump to hasty conclusions.  Like I said earlier, it's nice to see that you made it over here.  :)

God bless,

Adam

Joab Anias

Reaction score
Irish Hermit said:

But... congratulations on having Banned under your names!  It's more of a courtesy than the rest of us were shown (about 13 of us, I think)
Lol. I would actually rather banned didn't appear under my name. I am humiliated by it. If it wasn't there I could just fade away otherwise all my posts and name is smeared and for what :-[  I don't even know.

Funny another Catholic friend said the same thing you did. She was a female also and after reading my posts figured I must have ruffled her feathers somehow though I can't see how. Pray for those who persecute you I guess.  :police: AGAIN!  :-\

Heracleides

Elder
Reaction score
Paradosis said:
First, you're far from an idiot, my friend.  No reputable forum should ban a person over forgetting/not being aware of a new rule.  I'm only staying on CAF to provide some semblance of an Orthodox response.  They'll probably ban me eventually.  And God forgives us all.  We all jump to hasty conclusions.  Like I said earlier, it's nice to see that you made it over here.  :)

God bless,

Adam
Adam - I see the thread containing your most recent posts (those addressed to the the possible re-vert to Catholicism) has vanished from the EC forum.  Was a bit disconcerting - was reading it, hit the refresh button and poof - it's vanished. 

I wonder if Ms. Grant is somehow related to Augusto Pinochet...  ;D

Joab Anias

Reaction score
Paradosis said:

God bless,

Adam
Yea I picked up on the refugees over here about a week ago from a link in a post over there before all those threads were removed and have been lurking ever since. And keeping my yap shut about all the displeasure with the decisions over there while still in support of them and this is how I get treated. I am still scratching my head about it. I think I am about done with forums. All I have ever wanted to do was help people but maybe I just don't know how. This feels like I have been hurt by the Church herself.  :'( but I know its just another case of misguided authority. Amen so be it!

wynd

High Elder
Reaction score
Heracleides said:
Adam - I see the thread containing your most recent posts (those addressed to the the possible re-vert to Catholicism) has vanished from the EC forum.  Was a bit disconcerting - was reading it, hit the refresh button and poof - it's vanished.
I saw that thread before Adam posted in it. What did he say?

Heracleides

Elder
Reaction score
wynd said:
He can answer better than I, but he was attempting to address her concerns (based on three patristic sources) which she felt might be compeling her to re-vert to Catholicism.  He made mention of the Church Fathers and Orthodox teaching, which no doubt is why the whole thread vanished.

wynd

High Elder
Reaction score
Heracleides said:
He can answer better than I, but he was attempting to address her concerns based on patristic sources which she felt might be compeling her to re-vert to Catholicism.  He made mention of the Church Fathers and Orthodox teaching, which no doubt is why the whole thread vanished.
OK. I sent her a PM before it was deleted and told her to look somewhere else for balanced views (I did mention this forum ;D). The fact that she was asking such a question on a Roman Catholic forum doesn't bother me—I'm sure this place is just as biased. It's the fact that she's asking a question about Orthodoxy in a place where Orthodox posters are not even permitted defend themselves or their views that made me concerned about the information she would be getting.

Joab Anias

Reaction score
wynd said:
Its still there, just been split and moved to the apologetics thread.

Paradosis

Reaction score
Heracleides said:

I wonder if Ms. Grant is somehow related to Augusto Pinochet...  ;D
I was confused about what happened to my post also.  However, I just noticed that they split the thread into two threads.  The one with the responses to which part of Catholicism the woman would revert to has been placed back on the Eastern Catholicism forum and the one with the responses to the quotes about the Papacy that she mentioned is now in the Apologetics forum.  I suppose that was fair.  :) 

God bless,

Adam

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Quinault said:
She was asked in her intro thread if she was eastern catholic. She is not. She did go onto talk about chocolate bribes though... :laugh: Maybe it is all too true? Did any of those that are banned try to bribe her with chocolate? If I get a banishment I will try to appeal with nice dark chocolate. ;D
And during the Fast! (oops! only if you're new calendar, but being Western, of course she is).

Quinault said:
Oh! Wait! There are guests viewing this! Maybe she is one of them and will now ban me to get chocolate! Ooops! If I get banned, I will know why. No chocolate=no love at CAF.
Or maybe because she prefers milk chocolate.

Heracleides

Elder
Reaction score
wynd said:
OK. I sent her a PM before it was deleted and told her to look somewhere else for balanced views (I did mention this forum ;D). The fact that she was asking such a question on a Roman Catholic forum doesn't bother me—I'm sure this place is just as biased. It's the fact that she's asking a question about Orthodoxy in a place where Orthodox posters are not even permitted defend themselves or their views that made me concerned about the information she would be getting.
Ah - the thread is back... sans Adams posts re: Orthodox teaching, which were moved over to the Apologetics forum (still trying to determine if they arrived on the other forum in an original or 'sanitized' form).  ::)

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Heracleides said:
Ah - the thread is back... sans Adams posts re: Orthodox teaching, which were moved over to the Apologetics forum (still trying to determine if they arrived on the other forum in an original or 'sanitized' form).  ::)
Interesting, as the only post I've made there (besides welcoming Obadiah back) was to question why a thread on on the Orthodox Catholic Ravenna conference wasn't on Non-Catholic Religion, and Hesychias, on his return and I think Irish Melkite also, posed a similar question on other threads involving the Orthodox.  Paradoxically ::) those threads remained on the ECathF, and didn't get moved.

I think I'll pop over to Apologetics and take a looksy. :police:

Paradosis

Reaction score
Heracleides said:
It looks like they didn't change anything.  I hope it receives good attention in the Apologetics forum. 

Status
Not open for further replies.