catholic answers forum bars orthodox dicussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggernaut

Reaction score
Papist said:
But they are free to call themselves Orthodox. Using the term Catholic was just two confusing for new people coming into the Forum for the first time.
Come on, Papist, give us a break.  That was hardly the main issue, and you know it.  And if we did call ourselves Orthodox, or Orthodox Catholic, and stepped just a nano-micron outside the ridiculous parameters set by the mods., bam!, account frozen.  

If that was a problem, and I seriously doubt it was, all the mods. had to do was to state it as such and politely and respectfully request that we just call ourselves Orthodox and leave it at that.  Simple.  Non-confrontational.  Easy.  But, that wasn't a problem, wasn't an issue, and you saw what happened.

Blessings,
Jeff

Ziggernaut

Reaction score
FrChris said:
Please let me know what the response is...perhaps there is some way we could help preserve these threads...the amateur historian/archivist in me is horrified at the thought of the destruction of knowledge and attempt to re-write history that is being undertaken.
Will do!!

Yeah, it's pretty awful what they've done, even if it is "only" a web-site, as someone earlier put it.

Blessings,
Jeff

Jimmy

Reaction score
Apotheoun said:
Sad to say, but the new Eastern Catholicism forum appears to be designed to force Eastern Catholics -- like me -- to conform to Latin doctrinal formulations.
Just look at the discussions I have had over there and you will see this pretty clearly.  I have already been called a heretic and uncatholic.  Atleast though there might be some thoroughly eastern Catholics beginning to post again.  LakaYaRabb is a friend of mine from Steubenville and I can tell you he has no intent on submitting to the western views. 

Salpy

Toumarches
Reaction score
Apotheoun said:
It may be confusing for Roman Catholics, but the Eastern Orthodox are Catholics.
Actually, there was a thread on what to call everyone, as well as different cities.  I think there were three or four Romes and New York City is the Fourth Babylon.    :)

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,12059.html#top

Ziggernaut

Reaction score
Αριστοκλής said:
The more I think about their actions the more they seems like a "book burning".
Indeed!  I'm sure, however, that they would say, "It's our web-site and we'll do with it what we want!"  And as far as that goes, it's true.  But the spirit of what they have done most definitely resembles a book burning.

Blessings,
Jeff

Ziggernaut

Reaction score
FrChris said:
Please let me know what the response is...perhaps there is some way we could help preserve these threads...the amateur historian/archivist in me is horrified at the thought of the destruction of knowledge and attempt to re-write history that is being undertaken.
"The old forum has been removed from the archive for the foreseeable future.  Whether it will be restored to the site has not yet been determined.

ForumAdmin Staff
Catholic Answers Forums"

There's their answer.  Nice and informative, isn't it? (Yeah, right!)

At least they imply that the posts are not gone forever.  I guess we'll just have to rely upon their good will (yeah, right!) for any future restoration of them.

Blessings,
Jeff

Reaction score
God bless!

I think they were afraid of the orthodox and their arguments !
What can they say against the Holy Truth ? Nothing, so they had to stop the discussion.

In CHRIST

Ziggernaut

Reaction score
Christodoulos said:
God bless!

I think they were afraid of the orthodox and their arguments !
What can they say against the Holy Truth ? Nothing, so they had to stop the discussion.

In CHRIST
Yup!

I also just wrote them back asking if there was a reason for removing the archive.  (I asked them that in the first email, but I guess they chose to ignore it.)  Will keep you posted.

In Christ,
Jeff

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
Ziggernaut said:
I'm sure, however, that they would say, "It's our web-site and we'll do with it what we want!" 
Well, yes, they certainly are free to do so. But what kind of company are they in when they undertake a bibliocaust?
"Where one burns books, one will soon burn people."  -Heinrich Heine

Ziggernaut

Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
Well, yes, they certainly are free to do so. But what kind of company are they in when they undertake a bibliocaust?
"Where one burns books, one will soon burn people."  -Heinrich Heine
Hmmmmmm.....The Spanish Inquisition?

I know, RC's say what's written about it is hyperbole.  Could be, I guess.  I wasn't there.

God bless,
Jeff

wynd

High Elder
Reaction score
Jimmy said:
Just look at the discussions I have had over there and you will see this pretty clearly.  I have already been called a heretic and uncatholic.  Atleast though there might be some thoroughly eastern Catholics beginning to post again.  LakaYaRabb is a friend of mine from Steubenville and I can tell you he has no intent on submitting to the western views. 
That's too bad. I'm glad to see you, Laka and Yeshua sticking up for Eastern/Oriental Catholicism on the new EC board.

Alexius

Reaction score
Between US and Poland, but my heart is in Russia..
Jimmy said:
LakaYaRabb is a friend of mine from Steubenville and I can tell you he has no intent on submitting to the western views. 
I just posted on CA that I will not accept these either. It appears that the administration is preparing a response on the staff chat, but I can't be sure. It also seems that Joe Monahan is no longer a moderator...

yeshua

Reaction score
I am very close to hitting my final barrier with CAF. I can not believe how stark it is now, not even the helpful Latin Catholics are showing themselves out in full (though to his credit, Ghosty has done some good). No matter how hard we show and discuss and prove how valid experiences, it's not good enough, which should be of no surprise. Anyway, forgive my vent. I came to announce I probably will not be participating on CAF anymore, if at all be a casual lurker. I just feel this responsibility to step in when someone suddenly starts defending Latinizations. But why bother if everyone in the room agrees with the sentiment.

Bah.

Peace and God Bless.

wynd

High Elder
Reaction score
Alexius said:
I just posted on CA that I will not accept these either. It appears that the administration is preparing a response on the staff chat, but I can't be sure. It also seems that Joe Monahan is no longer a moderator...
How do you know that?

wynd

High Elder
Reaction score
yeshua said:
I am very close to hitting my final barrier with CAF. I can not believe how stark it is now, not even the helpful Latin Catholics are showing themselves out in full (though to his credit, Ghosty has done some good). No matter how hard we show and discuss and prove how valid experiences, it's not good enough, which should be of no surprise. Anyway, forgive my vent. I came to announce I probably will not be participating on CAF anymore, if at all be a casual lurker. I just feel this responsibility to step in when someone suddenly starts defending Latinizations. But why bother if everyone in the room agrees with the sentiment.
I've never been an EC so I can't comment, but it seems weird to me that some of the staunchest defenders of Latinizations are the ECs themselves. Is that common?

Quinault

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I was very sad to see the archives of the Eastern Christianity taken out of public view. I enjoyed going back and reading those threads. Especially the one about Halloween that Father Ambrose contributed. I am still kicking myself for not saving the link to that blog he posted. :mad:

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Hi everyone... I got banned from Catholic Answers too.. You would think once in a while people would be smart enough not to play to type.

They simply couldn't handle rigorous scrutiny. They much prefer Protestants whom they can quickly defeat by introducing them to the writings of the Church Fathers. They were continually defeated on what they thought was their turf. So they reverted to type and did their draconian thing.

Lord have mercy on all of us

Marc

yeshua

Reaction score
wynd said:
I've never been an EC so I can't comment, but it seems weird to me that some of the staunchest defenders of Latinizations are the ECs themselves. Is that common?
In the diaspora, as common as you will find staunch defenders of Eastern and Oriental tradition, maybe more so, I really don't know. For the Maronites, many of these communities were born out of the care of American Roman Catholic prelates, often times growing with Latinizations; these people don't even know what's not their tradition.

Peace and God Bless.

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

I asked the CAF if I could get access to the old archives to save some of my more memorable posts - and those of others. The response I got is:

We sympathize with the loss of posts important to you, but unfortunately
do not have the time and resources necessary to recover them for you.

ForumAdmin Staff
Catholic Answers Forums
(http://forums.catholic.com)

Bummer! When will I learn to never put off till tomorrow what you can backup today.  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.