• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Chess clock

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
When playing chess, there is a chess clock. It is called Move clock. What exactly does the time shown on the move clock mean? If I ask for a game with a one day duration, does that mean that we have one whole day to make one move, or is it two moves - one for me and one for my opponent?
If the game is set to one day, does the move clock reset to one day, each time a move is made?

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Robert said:
Should be 1 move per person per day.
OK. got it.
Is there any special method of castling. I tried moving the king 0-0 and it said the K move e-8 to g-8 is not allowed.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
stanley123 said:
OK. got it.
Is there any special method of castling. I tried moving the king 0-0 and it said the K move e-8 to g-8 is not allowed.
Under your name to the right of the chess board, you will see a King's crown and a Queen's crown; these are for castling.  Click the King's crown to castle kingside (O-O) or the Queen's crown to castle queenside (O-O-O).  You'll find this and a lot more useful information about the OCnet version of the game on this thread:  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13213.msg181790.html#msg181790

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Athanasios said:
Hello,

What happens if the clock runs down to 0?
After the clock of your opponent runs out, you have to click the command under the chess board to get your win. If you don't click it, I guess your opponent can still make a move. If you do click it, then you get the win.