• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

AmatorDeus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.davidgalloway.net
I won't be around for a couple of days so I wanted to pray for all of you and your families on this holy day. For all of our old calendar brethren, I look forward to your wellwishes in January.

Troparion in tone 4
Prepare, O Bethlehem, for Eden has been opened to all!
Adorn yourself, O Ephratha, for the tree of life blossoms forth from the Virgin in the cave!
Her womb is a spiritual paradise planted with the Divine Fruit:
If we eat of it, we shall live forever and not die like Adam.
Christ comes to restore the image which He made in the beginning!

The Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel, which translated is, God with us (Is 7:14-15).
God is with us, understand all ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us (Is 8:9).

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulders, and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end (Is 9:6-7).

Today the Virgin gives birth to the Transcendent One, and the earth offers a cave to the Unapproachable One! Angels, with shepherds, glorify Him! The wise men journey with the star! Since for our sake the Eternal God is born as a little child (Kontakion).

Thy Nativity, O Christ our God, has shone to the world the light of wisdom! For by it, those who worshiped the stars were taught by a star to adore Thee, the Sun of Righteousness and to know Thee, the Orient from on high (Lk 1:78, translated as Dawn or Day spring). O Lord, glory to Thee! (Troparion)

May God have mercy upon us all and grant fellowship and agape on this most holy day. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Mercenary Freudianism
Jurisdiction
Texas Feminist Coptic
The young dove carried
The Eagle of ancient times.
She carried Him
And sang joyful hymns to Him:
"O Son of the Wealthy One, who was pleased to be brought up in a small nest;
O Harp, who is silent like an infant, permit me to sing to Thee
With a lyre, the sound of which shall move the Cherubim.
Be pleased and I will sing praise to Thee."

I hope that everyone here celebrating New Calendar Christmas has a holy and joyful Christmas day and season. I will remember you all in my prayers tomorrow at the Liturgy, which means that you will all be remembered for over six hours. :p

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

J

James the Just

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men of good will. "

Be it old or new calendar, we all share in our Saviour's birth.

Peace to all.

Jacomus :)

the slave

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Let this be the first reply on Christmas Day [ New Calendar ;)]

A happy and Blessed Day to all

Christ is born !
Glorify Him !