• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Christmas Doesn't Belong to Christians

Adela

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christmas Doesn't Belong to Christians
As we Christians draw near to the end of the Advent season and the long-anticipated Christmas holy day, I'd like to offer a word of caution and reflection to my fellow Christians: Christmas isn't ours. Sure, it's a Christian holiday, a high point in the Christian calendar, and a season where we celebrate the incarnation of God.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matthew-d-taylor/christmas-doesnt-belong-t_b_8858778.html

Velsigne

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Well, there is a certain symmetry in his life:

Matthew D. Taylor

Born fundamentalist, raised Evangelical, seminary trained, now Mainline Protestant & a PhD candidate studying Islam at a Catholic university

Other than that, I don't get the point his point other than to reflect his mashed up educational background on the Nativity.

Still, every year, I too wonder, "What does all this mean?" 

It's a randomly chosen date so that as the darkest day of the year descends on our puny selves, the Light condescends to come into the world and experience the limited human perspective and to later be killed by religious idiots for his trouble.  It was nice of him to do that.  Otherwise, we'd just be going along like nothing happened...oh wait. 

That's all I got so far.