• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Christmas plans?

Reaction score
When is Christmas celebrated in the Orthodox Church? What are some of the foods you will be eating?

Are any of you traveling?

Me, my brother is coming down, and he's cooking a large medium-rare herbed up and hot and delicious, mouth watering roast.

Wish you could come! :)

peterfarrington

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.stgeorgeministry.com
Faith
Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Patriarchal Diocese
We're having turkey. My wife's sister is staying with us and one of my brothers is over from New Zealand, haven't seen him for 13 years. 4 kids as well so it's pretty noisy.

PT

Reaction score
We're having turkey. My wife's sister is staying with us and one of my brothers is over from New Zealand, haven't seen him for 13 years. 4 kids as well so it's pretty noisy.
Sounds wonderful. Having come from a medium sized family...I admire large families. With all my nieces and nephews, I'm accustomed to the noise...I hate it when it's there, but miss it when it's gone!

Keble

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Finishing the baking, getting ready for two Christmas eve services, my parent's anniversary (yes, they were married on Christmas Eve), kids sleep over at Grandmas, which is where Christmas dinner will be.

the slave

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
My plans

Midnight Mass , send a few e-mail greetings to a few folk, bed than 10am Mass tomorrow, lunch at my sis-in-law - Turkey, veggies cranberry sauce etc etc and that old British invention of alcoholic trifel [ and she is teetotal ;D ;D ] collapse, having over eaten , and stay in my comfy chair with the lappy on my knees hoping that the occasional person will be out to play ;D

Reaction score
Aprendi un dicho nuevo...correctame si lo digo erroneo...

"Un dia del a+¦o...no seas da+¦o."

Merry Christmas, to the slave and all.

nicodemus

Reaction score
Besides going to Liturgy, I will be spending time with my family (they thankfully all live in my town!) Food will probably be turkey, ham, baked beans, sweet potato pie, poundcake, banana cream pie, etc. Mmmmmmmm

*makes slurping noise*

arimethea

Archon
Reaction score
Well I just got back from The Royal Hours and prefeast Liturgy, we are getting ready for Holy Supper - we are having bread and soup but the dog is getting a steak. I am then taking my long winters nap and getting up to go the the Orthros and Liturgy.

I do not know my plans for tomorrow, I have been told by my mother we have been invited several places and I need to drive her. I do have a leg of lamb waiting for me to cook it so that is what I am hoping to do tomorrow.

Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

peterfarrington

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.stgeorgeministry.com
Faith
Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Patriarchal Diocese
Just went to the Children's Nativity Service at our local Anglican Church, the priest is as Orthodox as you can get being still Anglican, and some of the kids were in the play. Brother round for supper. Noisy morning tomorrow. Father is away tomorrow so a quiet day liturgically speaking this year. Maybe next year we'll be able to support Vespers, Matins and a liturgy. But I'm from a mixed family and need to be a little sensitive to others.

Christ is born! Glorify Him!

Peter Theodore