Church Invisible

Fotina02

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Points
0
A resource for the UK

http://www.theorthodoxchurch.co.uk/orthodox/Welcome.html
 

FountainPen

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
0
Points
0
FatherGiryus said:
Do you think the Corinthians were dying and getting sick from a 'symbol' as you understand it?
I would have said that given the scriptures make it clear that it's what comes out of a man that makes him unclean, not what goes into him (Mark 7: Matthew 15) that it is his heart attitude which brings condemnation upon himself.

As i think about that now, i can see it's lacking.

I'll have to think about it.
 

tangentdi

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
32
Location
Fredericksburg, Tx
Just a quick request for the sake of keeping my mind un cluttered on the topic. Do you think you could summarize your view on the church invisible fountain pen? I've so far very much enjoyed reading your posts. And have developed a good respect for you.

God bless!

Td Andreis.
 

tweety234

High Elder
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
626
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Location
brantford, ontario, canada
FountainPen said:
Luke 6:45
"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh".

I was once talking with my psychotherapist about that one. In her terms, indeed what is in heart (thoughts), affects the behaviour. So basically whatever we do. We are motivated by something we feel in our hearts.
 

tweety234

High Elder
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
626
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Location
brantford, ontario, canada
FountainPen said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
If there was no physical Church, then why did they anoint Deacons in the Book of Acts? Why did the First Council in Jerusalem take place in the Book of Acts? Why were any of the Epistles written?

If the presence of a physical Church was not important, then why did the Apostles go to the Temple daily after Pentecost to worship God? (Acts 2:46) They could have stayed in the Upper Room and prayed, but they went to the Temple as well.

God outlined how Temple worship was to be conducted and how the Temple was to be decorated in the Old Testament. The Orthodox Church took what was given to us in the Old, and completed it with God's covenant from the New.

The Orthodox Church is Christ's Church.

It is apparent in the history, the architecture, the hymnography; it is all there.
A physical church structure, is important for many reasons but pentecost didn't happen in a temple, it happened in a casual gathering of people for a reason. "Where two or three are gathered, there i am in the midst" Matthew 18:20. The bride that is The Church, is spiritual and is invisible for the reasons i gave in my OP.

you may be right.
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,220
Reaction score
34
Points
48
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
tweety234 said:
FountainPen said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
If there was no physical Church, then why did they anoint Deacons in the Book of Acts? Why did the First Council in Jerusalem take place in the Book of Acts? Why were any of the Epistles written?

If the presence of a physical Church was not important, then why did the Apostles go to the Temple daily after Pentecost to worship God? (Acts 2:46) They could have stayed in the Upper Room and prayed, but they went to the Temple as well.

God outlined how Temple worship was to be conducted and how the Temple was to be decorated in the Old Testament. The Orthodox Church took what was given to us in the Old, and completed it with God's covenant from the New.

The Orthodox Church is Christ's Church.

It is apparent in the history, the architecture, the hymnography; it is all there.
A physical church structure, is important for many reasons but pentecost didn't happen in a temple, it happened in a casual gathering of people for a reason. "Where two or three are gathered, there i am in the midst" Matthew 18:20. The bride that is The Church, is spiritual and is invisible for the reasons i gave in my OP.

you may be right.
No, she wasn't.
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
49
Location
Portland, Oregon
biro said:
tweety234 said:
FountainPen said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
If there was no physical Church, then why did they anoint Deacons in the Book of Acts? Why did the First Council in Jerusalem take place in the Book of Acts? Why were any of the Epistles written?

If the presence of a physical Church was not important, then why did the Apostles go to the Temple daily after Pentecost to worship God? (Acts 2:46) They could have stayed in the Upper Room and prayed, but they went to the Temple as well.

God outlined how Temple worship was to be conducted and how the Temple was to be decorated in the Old Testament. The Orthodox Church took what was given to us in the Old, and completed it with God's covenant from the New.

The Orthodox Church is Christ's Church.

It is apparent in the history, the architecture, the hymnography; it is all there.
A physical church structure, is important for many reasons but pentecost didn't happen in a temple, it happened in a casual gathering of people for a reason. "Where two or three are gathered, there i am in the midst" Matthew 18:20. The bride that is The Church, is spiritual and is invisible for the reasons i gave in my OP.

you may be right.
No, she wasn't.
She also hasn't posted here since May of last year.
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
PeterTheAleut said:
biro said:
tweety234 said:
FountainPen said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
If there was no physical Church, then why did they anoint Deacons in the Book of Acts? Why did the First Council in Jerusalem take place in the Book of Acts? Why were any of the Epistles written?

If the presence of a physical Church was not important, then why did the Apostles go to the Temple daily after Pentecost to worship God? (Acts 2:46) They could have stayed in the Upper Room and prayed, but they went to the Temple as well.

God outlined how Temple worship was to be conducted and how the Temple was to be decorated in the Old Testament. The Orthodox Church took what was given to us in the Old, and completed it with God's covenant from the New.

The Orthodox Church is Christ's Church.

It is apparent in the history, the architecture, the hymnography; it is all there.
A physical church structure, is important for many reasons but pentecost didn't happen in a temple, it happened in a casual gathering of people for a reason. "Where two or three are gathered, there i am in the midst" Matthew 18:20. The bride that is The Church, is spiritual and is invisible for the reasons i gave in my OP.

you may be right.
No, she wasn't.
She also hasn't posted here since May of last year.
With " Is not wasting any more of her ink" above her avatar.
 
Top