• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Communion in one kind

bwallace23350

Reaction score
Faith
Anglican
Jurisdiction
ACNA
Do the Orthodox every allow this? I take medicine that says do not take with alcohol so I never take the wine. I have thought about it but my priest says it is ok to take just under one kind as. Christ is present is both the body and the blood.

bwallace23350

Reaction score
Faith
Anglican
Jurisdiction
ACNA
Ask your physician if one teaspoon or so of wine in the morning will prevent you from taking your prescribed dose that day.
Thanks. I will ask. I usually have my yearly check up early in the year

Thetruthisgod

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochan
If I was in your position, and even a celiac too, I would still take communion.

But it might simply be the case that I'm an idiot, so I wouldn't look at you funny for doing different. It doesn't really matter what I think.

bwallace23350

Reaction score
Faith
Anglican
Jurisdiction
ACNA
If I was in your position, and even a celiac too, I would still take communion.

But it might simply be the case that I'm an idiot, so I wouldn't look at you funny for doing different. It doesn't really matter what I think.
As Anglican's we believe that Christ is present fully in both the bread and the wine but it just fills odd not taking both kinds.

Thetruthisgod

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochan
As Anglican's we believe that Christ is present fully in both the bread and the wine but it just fills odd not taking both kinds.
a spoonful of wine is not going to nuke your liver when in combination with pills.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
Check with your doctor to make sure, but a little watered down wine does not seem bad.