• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Compliance or Defiance

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
there are 15 state that still allow churches to operate.

Luke

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
Tzimis said:
What are they?

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
Luke said:
Tzimis said:
What are they?
I know Florida and Texas is on the list. It was on fox news yesterday. Can't remember the rest.
Secondly, We need real science like that of Dr. Ioannidis. Please pass this along because the news media is in panic mode. While I do believe there is a problem it's probably being way over hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUvWaxuurzQ

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Tzimis said:
Secondly, We need real science like that of Dr. Ioannidis. Please pass this along because the news media is in panic mode. While I do believe there is a problem it's probably being way over hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUvWaxuurzQ
Tzimis, remember to add a title or description to your links.  Thanks.  --Ainnir

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Georgia has no closed churches, but many have voluntarily moved their stuff online, just like our hierarchs voluntarily made all services clergy/readers only. 

I guess no one wants the headache of figuring out which 10 people attend on which Sunday.

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
Ainnir said:
Georgia has no closed churches, but many have voluntarily moved their stuff online, just like our hierarchs voluntarily made all services clergy/readers only. 

I guess no one wants the headache of figuring out which 10 people attend on which Sunday.
You invite the ten with the most disposable cash on hand, of course! ;)

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
Schultz said:
Ainnir said:

You invite the ten with the most disposable cash on hand, of course! ;)
Auction off the seat.

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
I still do not understand all these churches that lack any sort of sacramental theology akin to Orthoodxy and Catholicism making such a show of keeping their doors open (aside from the obvious cash cow that is the Xmas/Easter Christian).  We at least are being deprived of the Eucharist, of something we sincerely believe is necessary for our spiritual growth and communion with God. 

The only thing these megachurches are being deprived of is losing oneself in the mob, so to speak. 

I do hope the Lord protects them from contracting the virus or becoming an asymptomatic carrier, but part of me wonders if God, in His infinite wisdom, might use this as a teaching moment for the hard headed.

JTLoganville

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox
Schultz said:
I still do not understand all these churches that lack any sort of sacramental theology akin to Orthoodxy and Catholicism making such a show of keeping their doors open (aside from the obvious cash cow that is the Xmas/Easter Christian).  We at least are being deprived of the Eucharist, of something we sincerely believe is necessary for our spiritual growth and communion with God. 

The only thing these megachurches are being deprived of is losing oneself in the mob, so to speak. 
When the gathering is essentially a concert followed by a lecture there is no reason why it cannot be viewed remotely from one's home.

Heck, many of the megachurches with multiple campuses simply project the lecture that is being delivered live at the primary location.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
Its a shame to see our church which was founded in helping the sick. Taking a back seat to secular institutions.
St. Basil please pray for us.