• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Confession of a samurai (movie)

Gentleman

Reaction score
Dear brothers and sisters,
I would like to share with you a new movie with a deep spiritual meaning. It's a Russian-Japanese movie (thriller, drama) with English subtitles. When I had watched it, it made a deep impression on me. Be welcome to leave a comment about my subtitles (for I'm not native speaker of English) or the movie itself. It would be interesting for me to know whether you can good understand the movie with my subtitles. For the time being it's not completely open for the public, but you need to have the link in order to watch it. So here's the link.
If the subtitles don't appear, click on the button 'subtitles' beneath the YouTube screen on the right side.

Gentleman

Reaction score
Mortal Kombat’s Shang Tsung goes orthodox in Russia. Tagawa, an American actor of Japanese descent, who took part in a new Russian film called The Priest-San, decided to abandon his faith and become a true follower of Jesus Christ’s orthodox teachings. Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa received a baptismal name of Panteleymon. More information and video

Gentleman

Reaction score
I would like to thank all of you, who watched the movie and left a comment. It was a big and joyous surprise for me to know that this actor played a character of an Orthodox priest and soon converted to Orthodoxy as well. I used to admire him for his unforgettable role of an evil sorcerer Shang Tsung in Mortal Combat movie and I'm amazed seeing how a person can completely change his life.

And now I would like to introduce you the movie "Lost one". The movie you can find here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0gnPAnXrqM 
Very interesting movie about real life. With English subtitles. It is about such theme's as sin, responsibility, repentance, forgiveness, personal relation with God, good, evil... And it remind me about the verse in the Bible "whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered" (Joel 2:23). Praise Jesus!
Please consider to like this movie, if you enjoyed watching it. And tell about your impression leaving a comment below. And don't forget to help me improve the quality of translation, in case you find some mistakes.

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Gentleman said:
Mortal Kombat’s Shang Tsung goes orthodox in Russia. Tagawa, an American actor of Japanese descent, who took part in a new Russian film called The Priest-San, decided to abandon his faith and become a true follower of Jesus Christ’s orthodox teachings. Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa received a baptismal name of Panteleymon. More information and video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q5iAOfSsOk

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Gentleman said:
I would like to thank all of you, who watched the movie and left a comment. It was a big and joyous surprise for me to know that this actor played a character of an Orthodox priest and soon converted to Orthodoxy as well. I used to admire him for his unforgettable role of an evil sorcerer Shang Tsung in Mortal Combat movie and I'm amazed seeing how a person can completely change his life.

And now I would like to introduce you the movie "Lost one". The movie you can find here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0gnPAnXrqM 
Very interesting movie about real life. With English subtitles. It is about such theme's as sin, responsibility, repentance, forgiveness, personal relation with God, good, evil... And it remind me about the verse in the Bible "whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered" (Joel 2:23). Praise Jesus!
Please consider to like this movie, if you enjoyed watching it. And tell about your impression leaving a comment below. And don't forget to help me improve the quality of translation, in case you find some mistakes.
Trippy, mostly sad, but well worth watching.  Translation seemed good.