• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Corona Virus Vaccine Poll

Will You Be Taking or Have You Already Had The Corona Virus Vaccine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Averoff

Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Diocese of the Midwest
I hope someday we discover the real origin of this virus, in the present the matter is too political to conduct real investigation.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I'm scheduled to get my first Pfizer shot tomorrow.
Apparently I'm supposed to skip the gym for a couple of days, up to a week? Any other pointers welcome.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
I didn't experience it, but apparently a lot of people are exhausted or zonked out afterwards, so probably the standard "be careful operating heavy machinery" type recommendations apply if things seem to be going that way for you?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
I didn't experience it, but apparently a lot of people are exhausted or zonked out afterwards, so probably the standard "be careful operating heavy machinery" type recommendations apply if things seem to be going that way for you?
It's a very common reaction, across the spectrum of available vaccines. It was pretty much the only side effect we had in the household (between a Pfizer and two AZs).

Luke

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
Apparently I'm supposed to skip the gym for a couple of days, up to a week? Any other pointers welcome.
That is good. My folks, who had Pfizer , were tired the next day. One of my brothers and I had Moderna and were also tired the next day.

JTLoganville

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox
If you have had COVID (even mildly) or reasonably believe that you have been exposed it would be good to take 500mg of Tylenol about 90 minutes before the dose and continue taking the 500 mg for the next 24-36 hours.

If you don't take the Tylenol this time, but develop nasty side effects like chills, nauseau, hot flashes, and headaches, then by all means take Tylenol before the second dose.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Thanks!! I didn't realize the fatigue was so common. We'll see what happens. I can't be zonked out tomorrow, though. Think coffee would counteract it? :unsure:

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had no serious symptoms. I went to work after both of my shots. I did get a headache from the second shot but it went away after a couple of hours. There is no reason to skip the gym. You are more lilkely to have a heightened immune response on the second shot. I was kind of disappointed that it wasn't more severe in my case since that is a sign of good immune response.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only extremists worry about things like this. I am a moderate in most things. but I do like reassurance that I am capable of an immune response.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Only extremists worry about things like this. I am a moderate in most things. but I do like reassurance that I am capable of an immune response.
I'm not interested in stirring up an immune response, and having dealt with immunotherapy for 7 years, know that can be deadly and is specifically discouraged in that case because it can induce an anaphylactic reaction. That was why I went googling to begin with; the results are pretty scattered: wait two hours, 48 hours, a week.
Given the symptoms of the Delta strain are apparently runny nose, sore throat and headache, I very well could have already had it, anyway. 🤷‍♀️

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
Sick of Covid? Alex Berenson is:

The comments are very much worth reading, too.

This is an earlier article of his:

Last edited:

Christos3

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
I had the one shot J&J. I was tired and had leg swelling (mild) first 24 hours. After that just pain at the injection site. Our youngest (17) just had the first round of Pfizer. No adverse reaction. We did give him Tylenol prior to the shot and afterwards. Maybe that helped. Hopefully no issues at the second round.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Sick of Covid? Alex Berenson is:

The comments are very much worth reading, too.

This is an earlier article of his:
Neither the comments nor the articles are worth the pixels that display them.

Averoff

Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Diocese of the Midwest
I had a little fatigue after the first shot of Pfizer, came home and slept a couple of hours. But that may have been simply nervous fatigue, who knows? After the second shot I had a slightly sore arm, but that's about it. I'm 66 and they say older folks have less side effects, who knows?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, even the younger people I spoke with who had Pfizer said a little fatigue and that's about it. Nothing major.

JTLoganville

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox
My wife was hospitalized at Christmas with COVID + pneumonia, and has since recovered well.

We received conflicting advice from physicians who are family friends; one said "Don't get the vaccination", another said "probably a good idea", and a third said "why not?"

So she received the Pfizer. After each injection she was lethargic and "good for nothing" for the next 24-36 hours....again, while anecdotal, it seems that those who have had COVID (even asymptomatically) have the more difficult reactions.

Averoff

Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Diocese of the Midwest
My wife was hospitalized at Christmas with COVID + pneumonia, and has since recovered well.

We received conflicting advice from physicians who are family friends; one said "Don't get the vaccination", another said "probably a good idea", and a third said "why not?"

So she received the Pfizer. After each injection she was lethargic and "good for nothing" for the next 24-36 hours....again, while anecdotal, it seems that those who have had COVID (even asymptomatically) have the more difficult reactions.
From what I've read online, getting the Pfizer vaccination after recovering from COVID will increase your immunity to reinfection. But, since you already have some immunity developed from the disease itself, you'll probably have more severe side effects. All vaccination side effects are afterall is a demonstration that your immune system is working properly. I think you and your wife did the right thing, she should be ultra-immune to reinfection after the vaccinations (is she getting both Pfizer vaccinations?)

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
So far, a little arm soreness; that's it. Thank God. I didn't have time to be tired or feel crappy.

JTLoganville

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox
I think you and your wife did the right thing, she should be ultra-immune to reinfection after the vaccinations (is she getting both Pfizer vaccinations?)
She received both....similar reactions to each in spite of the Tylenol regimen. Totally wiped for the next 24-36 hours. That is all long behind.

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
Fake social media accounts used to spread propoganda.
image0.png

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Fake social media accounts used to spread propoganda.
View attachment 20635
Zuby says (see post #457 above): " 4/ Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not made the average person any wiser. "

" 5/ Anything and everything can and will be politicised by the media, government, and those who trust them. "

" 10/ When sufficiently frightened, most people will not only accept authoritarianism, but demand it. "

Cue the daughter of Idmon :cool:.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
We found it absolutely hilariously appropriate that Boris and Javid spent so-called Freedom Day in isolation (which they tried to weasel out of, but public opinion wasn't having it). There was much snickering behind our masks as we went about our business. The guy who had botched the exit from lockdown twice already was bound to make a threepeat.

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
The conspiracy is not a "theory". This is actual brainwashing.
E7RsTBqWYAAYe0W.jpeg.jpg

image0-2.jpg

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
So stay off Twitter. 🤷‍♀️

Christos3

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
In my little world I have one friend who was vaccinated (JnJ) tested positive. He was on a mission trip in Central America. He didn't know he had it, just came up positive on the test before flying back to the states. I have one friend pass away (36, good health, not vaxed) earlier this month, and hearing more 2nd hand unvaxed people testing positive and having more severe symptoms than the original Covid. Several younger men I know have decided to finally get vaxed. The Biden administration is releasing illegals into the the US without testing or mandating they are vaxed. The illegals are being dropped off into all parts of the country. Madness.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
Please prove the last three sentences.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Please prove the last three sentences.
This is verging on getting political, but if you watch or read the news, the proof is there. Unfortunately, most of the MSM aren't covering the mess at the southern border and the reasons for it. Fox, Newsmax, The Washington Examiner, etc. are. You can either choose to believe them or not. The videos from Fox News are pretty compelling.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
All right, that’s it.

I’m done.

Doesn’t mean I will never post again, but I will watch my count, like I’m supposed to with sugar.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
The Biden administration is releasing illegals into the the US without testing or mandating they are vaxed. The illegals are being dropped off into all parts of the country.
You mean this? Or this? Or this?

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction
OCA
Thread locked pending moderator review.

Status