• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Corona Virus Vaccine Poll

Will You Be Taking or Have You Already Had The Corona Virus Vaccine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
But the question I have is, how well did all that go over? It was published 5 years ago, so there should be some kind of reaction floating around, good or bad.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
But the question I have is, how well did all that go over? It was published 5 years ago, so there should be some kind of reaction floating around, good or bad.
National Guard arrived in our area to administer vaccines.

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
I'm sure they could care less how it went over in the public square. People like this tend to have an incurable superiority/god-complex and see themselves as operating on a higher level than the rest of us. A great number of our scientific and medical "institutions" are run by such mentally disturbed authoritarians.
The entire world struggle is between those who want to be left alone vs. these disturbed control freaks and authoritarians. They behave like religious zealots.

Last edited:

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Poll:
Latest NPR/PBS/ NewsHour/ Mavis survey
on vaccine hesitancy.

h1ttps://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/03/12/976172586/little-difference-in-vaccine-hesitancy-among-white-and-black-americans-poll-find

Edit: I dont know why this doesn't bring this article up here. Sorry. It basicly says that the hesitancy is following party lines, mostly white male Trump supporters. I wonder if anyone has a poll from all over the world, outside our political system?

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
/thread
Godwin’s Law

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
Mandatory?
Likely not. Yet. But as I'm sure you're aware, there are ways to make things mandatory without making them mandatory. Want to get on a plane? Proof of vaccination, please. Want to keep your job? Proof of vaccination, please. Want us to hire you? Proof of vaccination, please. Etc., etc. May God grant that it never comes to this kind of coercion!

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Mandatory?
No, not mandatory. Just threw that out there for mass hystetia affect. They are here though. I live in the back woods swamp area so their presence is to make the vaccine accessible to all who want it regardless of transportation, doctor status, poverty, etc.
There seems to be a glitch in getting the vaccines they already have available to people who want them. Big companies contracted to administer these vaccines then stalled. So right now we have a choice. Today.
In all things give thanks to God. I believe we will reach herd immunity before it ever becomes mandatory. Hope.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
You'll just hear about something else. You're married, Tris, you know this.
True, but its been a year on the same topic. We need to change the nagging up a bit. lol

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
True, but its been a year on the same topic. We need to change the nagging up a bit. lol
Tris's last words:
"Honey, let's change up the nagging topic you've been on for a year."

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
/thread
Trisagion's Law: " as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of digression to a discussion of marital trials becomes more likely." :)

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
NPR podcast shares approaches leaders employ as "persuasive tools" to coerce compliance in the " vaccination club."

Last edited:

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
NPR podcast shares approaches leaders employ as "persuasive tools" to coerce compliance in the " vaccination club."

Any chance of a quick summary? I really can't stand NPR and to subject myself to 20 minutes of it is, well....I'd rather play all my music for an hour completely off key.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Any chance of a quick summary? I really can't stand NPR and to subject myself to 20 minutes of it is, well....I'd rather play all my music for an hour completely off key.
Israel is starting to implement a policy of using a " Green Pass"- proof of vaccination to participate in clubs, gyms, theatre etc.
This podcast explains that educating people who are hesitant to receive the vaccine is not really going anywhere, ineffective overall. Exclusion has been found to be highly effective in making people change their minds.

On a side note, I have been surprised at other manipulation tactics like shaming and mocking others into silence or public humiliation and bullying tactics to get one's point across and to invalidate another.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Israel is starting to implement a policy of using a " Green Pass"- proof of vaccination to participate in clubs, gyms, theatre etc.
This podcast explains that educating people who are hesitant to receive the vaccine is not really going anywhere, ineffective overall. Exclusion has been found to be highly effective in making people change their minds.
That's kind of what I was thinking it might say. The ever-growing spectre of totalitarianism. I don't doubt that that kind of stuff won't be happening here, especially in blue states, one of which, for my sins, I live in. Luckily for me, about the only places I go anymore are the grocery stores and church. And...if I'm required to wear a face covering to gain entrance in lieu of vaccination in order to placate their paranoia, I'll happily do that.

It's all the younger people who work or go to school and have busy social lives, etc. that I'm concerned about being coerced into getting the damn shots when they may have stronger, legitimate objections.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Blue, red, rainbow......we must be Christians and love. Without love we can go to hell being right.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Blue, red, rainbow......we must be Christians and love. Without love we can go to hell being right.
Yes...you're... right :) .

And I can love someone, something without liking it or approving of or agreeing with what they do or say.

(Which are the rainbow states, anyway??)

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Since after the Flood we are all living in the Rainbow state.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
On a side note, I have been surprised at other manipulation tactics like shaming and mocking others into silence or public humiliation and bullying tactics to get one's point across and to invalidate another.
Given the political climate and polarization in this country and many other places in the world, this is sadly on the increase to an alarming degree.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Beware.....the current nag is comfortable and predictable and comes to a stop with a mask pulled out of your pocket. The next nag subject will require you to do some major emotional acrobatic performance in validating her...with no instructions provided. Stick with the beloved mask. You put it on: she's happy.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Most of us have heard or read about the beneficial and positive aspects of the Corona Virus vaccines. Indeed, I think it's probably safe to say that more people will opt to receive the vaccine than not, as is their right. Like most things in life, there are two sides to the story here and sometimes one side drowns out the other, especially given the tendency for so many people to believe almost blindly what their government and health bureaucracies tell them.

So, here are a couple of links that might help provide more balance to a discussion about the Corona virus vaccines and related topics. Hopefully they will give some pause for thought and maybe help some undecided people make up their minds about it one way or the other.

Please have your salt shaker handy while reading or listening to just about anyone's (including or maybe even especially your government's and their health experts') point of view regarding Covid :) .

Just to be clear, and in case anyone hasn't noticed, I am and have been from the beginning, against virtually any kind of lockdown policy and mostly (but not totally) against vaccines.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
John Hamilton brings us news on the Astra Zeneca Vaccine halted because serious side effects in young people. Blood clotting issues etc. This Vaccine has been halted in several countries and growing concern ...

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
There was never any great solution to this thing.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Most of us have heard or read about the beneficial and positive aspects of the Corona Virus vaccines. Indeed, I think it's probably safe to say that more people will opt to receive the vaccine than not, as is their right. Like most things in life, there are two sides to the story here and sometimes one side drowns out the other, especially given the tendency for so many people to believe almost blindly what their government and health bureaucracies tell them.

So, here are a couple of links that might help provide more balance to a discussion about the Corona virus vaccines and related topics. Hopefully they will give some pause for thought and maybe help some undecided people make up their minds about it one way or the other.

Please have your salt shaker handy while reading or listening to just about anyone's (including or maybe even especially your government's and their health experts') point of view regarding Covid :) .

Just to be clear, and in case anyone hasn't noticed, I am and have been from the beginning, against virtually any kind of lockdown policy and mostly (but not totally) against vaccines.
Lets just stick to the facts.

The facts of Covid-19 as collected Data universally, NPR article, my favorite source.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Speaking of facts, how many countries have suspended the use of this vaccine?
How many of them have actually had even one of those scary blood clot cases?

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
Beware.....the current nag is comfortable and predictable and comes to a stop with a mask pulled out of your pocket. The next nag subject will require you to do some major emotional acrobatic performance in validating her...with no instructions provided. Stick with the beloved mask. You put it on: she's happy.
I think its better to reverse tactics on this one. How bout you put an n95 on her so you cant hear the nagging.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
How many of them have actually had even one of those scary blood clot cases?
I don't know. Why not ask them? Or do you think that such countries are prohibiting it because they didn't read the Guardian article?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
I don't know. Why not ask them? Or do you think that such countries are prohibiting it because they didn't read the Guardian article?
Of course not. They're suspending it in precautionary pandering to vaccine-phobes, because politicians, as is their wont, don't listen to scientists.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Moderna starting trials on children 6 months to under 12 years old in US and other places. NPR article.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Of course not. They're suspending it in precautionary pandering to vaccine-phobes, because politicians, as is their wont, don't listen to scientists.
They don't listen to anyone if they're not making money off them.

Status
Not open for further replies.