• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Corona Virus Vaccine Poll

Will You Be Taking or Have You Already Had The Corona Virus Vaccine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Clostridium tetani ~ Tetanus is a Bacillus rod shaped bacteria ~ we have been successful putting together a vaccine for this Germ ~ a tetanus shot is a good idea incase of open wound, more so in unclean condition ```

A member mentioned Tetanus shot on this thread ```

The Flu vaccine is another thing ~ i wouldn't take or give to children ```

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
NPR article about vaccine hesitancy with staff at nursing home facilities.

Interesting. For reasons unknown even to myself, I thought more employees in long-term care facilities would be getting the shot. Can't say I blame them for their hesitancy or unwillingness. Well...it *is* still voluntary. Probably the only way to get even close to 100% compliance would be to make getting it mandatory and I believe that employers are able to do that, with certain exceptions.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Interesting article about Covid-19 deaths and death rate.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I had my first shot Monday afternoon. I had a bit of a headache afterwards, which may or may not have had anything to do with the vaccine. My arm had soreness for a few days but is getting better. At the end of April I will get my second shot.

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yesterday one of our (Polish) most famous singer died - he got vaccine (Pfizer) and after this got coronavirus. But, generally, at least in Poland some parts of Europe, more side-effects and gettign coronavirus after vaccine is relatated to Aster-Zeneca.

Stinky

Reaction score
Yesterday one of our (Polish) most famous singer died - he got vaccine (Pfizer) and after this got coronavirus. But, generally, at least in Poland some parts of Europe, more side-effects and gettign coronavirus after vaccine is relatated to Aster-Zeneca.
Lord have mercy.
Memory Eternal.

Had this person received both doses? And if so, how soon after vaccination?
May Our merciful Father have mercy on the whole world and on all who grieve.

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Lord have mercy.
Memory Eternal.

Had this person received both doses? And if so, how soon after vaccination?
May Our merciful Father have mercy on the whole world and on all who grieve.
It seems one dose (I'm not 100% sure), so, I know, it's not been full effect. It seems a few days after.
Maybe he had got infected by coronavirus before, and the vaccine has made a combo that his organism couldn't support.

His name was Krzysztof Krawczyk. Really big lose for the Polish culture. Let be his memory eternal.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.
Memory eternal.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
While I agree that abortion is something to be concerned about it is not the Be ALL End All of life. While I am against abortion I would literally eat a live baby if it would save me or my family from death.
I hope you are joking... Nobody's life is worth more than another's. Work to save all life, not destroy one, to save another.
Live together... or die together.

Christos3

Reaction score
I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine yesterday. It's a traditional vaccine as opposed to the MRNA, which I would not take. The only reason I took the vaccine is in hopes to travel internationally next year (Holy Land). I figure I will probably need proof. Since the pandemic began I rarely wear a mask (only at Church and airplanes), don't practice social distancing etc. All the statistics point to a very unlikely chance of getting Covid, and even less likely of dying from it at my age (early 50's). God created us with an immune system and if we continue to mask an hide from others are immune system will be weakened.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, that bastion of fact-based journalism, the Daily Fail.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Johnson and Johnson vaccine associated with blood clots.

For every adverse reaction reported to the VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Reaction Reporting System) there are literally hundreds or thousands that go unreported. Or so I've heard.

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Yes. There was pressure from work and from my mother (we are driving to Florida for my nephew's wedding, but mostly I want to go to Hawai'i without quarantine.

Christos3

Reaction score

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if that is true or not, but either way that doesn't really answer my question.
You can find out easily enough. And if the stories are true, they will appear also in outlets that don't have a solid reputation for making up their own news on slow days.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes...another bastion of journalistic integrity :rolleyes:.
Well Arachne just cleared that up, so there you go. 😊

If it's just a "check engine light," I wonder how that would work in practice... you light up, go to the doctor, and they run how many tests? And for how much money? How much would it cost to have it implanted?

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
And so do these, apparently.

So, apparently it wasn't the Pentagon. Well, that's a relief! But apparently somebody developed it or something like it, according to the always unbiased Newsweek. Does that mean the Pentagon will never use it, if indeed it is useable? That remains to be seen.

Last edited:

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Well Arachne just cleared that up, so there you go. 😊

If it's just a "check engine light," I wonder how that would work in practice... you light up, go to the doctor, and they run how many tests? And for how much money? How much would it cost to have it implanted?
Nah...you light up and come to a grinding halt. Then you somehow have to call AAA to get a tow to the doctor or nearest ER. No AAA membership? Well...I guess you're just screwed :LOL:. But, if you show me your vaccine passport, I'll sell you the membership at a great discount!

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's a lot of tweaking ahead, before this becomes usable. A lot of great things stalled at the prototype stage because they proved too costly or awkward to roll out. The Pentagon might be interested in trialling it on servicepeople, though. Or it might be offered to people with long-term conditions, to monitor their treatment.

Possibility-wise, this could attain the holy grail of preventative medicine - detecting and dealing with a health issue before it advances enough to show symptoms. Perhaps that's why it was linked to Covid, as early detection is vital in curbing the spread. But it could be an absolute godsend to cancer research, both for early initial diagnosis and detection of recurrences. It could alert to impending heart attacks or strokes. It could make drawing blood for testing unnecessary. So many maybes.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
I am more than willing to have any number of microchips implanted in me, provided the payment is high enough for my services as a medical guinea pig. I have no soul so that's not a factor. Please PM me for contact deets.