• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Corona Virus Vaccine Poll

Will You Be Taking or Have You Already Had The Corona Virus Vaccine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christos3

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Is the US government really that smart to pull something like that off? No. However, the American people are gullible enough to let them try (I would have thought differently but after a year I still see people wearing masks.)

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
There's a lot of tweaking ahead, before this becomes usable. A lot of great things stalled at the prototype stage because they proved too costly or awkward to roll out. The Pentagon might be interested in trialling it on servicepeople, though. Or it might be offered to people with long-term conditions, to monitor their treatment.

Possibility-wise, this could attain the holy grail of preventative medicine - detecting and dealing with a health issue before it advances enough to show symptoms. Perhaps that's why it was linked to Covid, as early detection is vital in curbing the spread. But it could be an absolute godsend to cancer research, both for early initial diagnosis and detection of recurrences. It could alert to impending heart attacks or strokes. It could make drawing blood for testing unnecessary. So many maybes.
Maybe just a few too many maybes. You're welcome to it. I'll take my chances without.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
I am more than willing to have any number of microchips implanted in me, provided the payment is high enough for my services as a medical guinea pig. I have no soul so that's not a factor. Please PM me for contact deets.
If you've gotten the vaccine, you're already a medical guinea pig. Were you paid for that?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Maybe just a few too many maybes. You're welcome to it. I'll take my chances without.
LOL, you don't even know if you'll still be around whenever there's actually anything to roll out. Unclench.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
Personally I think the vaccine is not going to get a hold of the situation. To many variants and they are starting to talk about boosters.
LOL, you don't even know if you'll still be around whenever there's actually anything to roll out. Unclench.
Take it easy there. Has it dawned on you that all of this battling viruses and bacteria over the last hundred years. May have made these super bugs more prevalent than before?
That's what happens when you mess with nature. It bites back. So now lets fight harder and fiercer.
If you look really hard, there's a lesson to be learned. Leave well enough alone and stop playing as if your god.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
May have made these super bugs more prevalent than before?
It's not "may have". It has happened with the overuse of certain medications, especially antibiotics.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
That's what happens when you mess with nature. It bites back. So now lets fight harder and fiercer.
If you look really hard, there's a lesson to be learned. Leave well enough alone and stop playing as if your god.
I, like millions of other people, am very happy and grateful that people like Edward Jenner, Jonas Salk, and Kati Kariko didn't leave well alone.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Too true. I could drop dead any time now. God knows, I'm a heckuva lot closer to the grave than the cradle, that's fer shur.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
I, like millions of other people, am very happy and grateful that people like Edward Jenner, Jonas Salk, and Kati Kariko didn't leave well alone.
In years to come, there going to be talking about modern medicine the way they are talking about global warming. Once you start messing with the nature order of things, you bound to create francenstein's. There doing it with food as well.
To these people, it about controlling there environment. Its exactly why God cast the devil into hell. for wanting it his way.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
To these people, it about controlling there environment. Its exactly why God cast the devil into hell. for wanting it his way.
God cast the devil into hell because he wanted to take over the business. As for controlling one's environment, that's what every physical object around you right now was created to do. Animals adapt to their surroundings, humans adapt their surroundings to themselves, and have done so since forever.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
God cast the devil into hell because he wanted to take over the business. As for controlling one's environment, that's what every physical object around you right now was created to do. Animals adapt to their surroundings, humans adapt their surroundings to themselves, and have done so since forever.
Adapting to an environment isn't the same thing as redesigning it the way you want it.
Like GMO.
You dont think that covid was created and released accidentally or purposely?
The former CDC director said so. You don't think he has some insight?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Adapting to an environment isn't the same thing as redesigning it the way you want it.
We have most definitely been redesigning the environment the way we want it. From the hanging gardens of Babylon to hot running water and flushing toilets.

Like GMO.
Before GMO, there were millennia of selective breeding of plants and animals to get the maximum of what we wanted from them.

You dont think that covid was created and released accidentally or purposely?
The former CDC director said so. You don't think he has some insight?
When it comes to verifying a fact or not, you don't need insight, you need evidence. Does he have any?

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
We have most definitely been redesigning the environment the way we want it. From the hanging gardens of Babylon to hot running water and flushing toilets.

Before GMO, there were millennia of selective breeding of plants and animals to get the maximum of what we wanted from them.

When it comes to verifying a fact or not, you don't need insight, you need evidence. Does he have any?
The Chinese clean up crew needed a whole year to get rid of the evidence befor letting WHO in?
Some things can be deduced by process of elimination. If that weren't true the courts couldn't function pryer to video cams.

And as far as genetics are concerned. its a far cry from manipulating plumbing.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
The Chinese clean up crew needed a whole year to get rid of the evidence befor letting WHO in?
Some things can be deduced by process of elimination. If that weren't true the courts couldn't function pryer to video cams.
This iteration of the virus hasn't done anything that others hadn't done before. It might be engineered, it might not be. What difference does a deduction make to you?

And as far as genetics are concerned. its a far cry from manipulating plumbing.
About as far as chewing willow bark is from organ transplant.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
It makes all the difference because it could be a weapon.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Phew...at least it's not from the Daily Mail!:love:
When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. Reports of all possible associations between vaccines and adverse events (possible side effects) are filed in VAERS. Therefore, VAERS collects data on any adverse event following vaccination, be it coincidental or truly caused by a vaccine. The report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that a vaccine caused the event.

An open-access database with zero verification or even a way to detect bogus reports? Sounds just like the kind of eminently falsifiable 'source' that fans of the Fail love.

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCOR

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction

An open-access database with zero verification or even a way to detect bogus reports? Sounds just like the kind of eminently falsifiable 'source' that fans of the Fail love.
You make the case against relying on the VAERS for any reliability about the number of adverse reactions. I agree and I've been aware of its shortcomings for probably 30 years. I believe your Yellow Card System in the U.K. is similar, though it deals with pharmaceuticals, herbs, complementary meds. as well. Correct me if I'm wrong--it's been a long time since I've dealt with it.

I'll take written and photo documented testimonials about adverse reactions over VAERS any day.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
The Yellow Card scheme deals with suspected adverse reactions to vaccines, medications, medical devices and similar products. Filing a report is open to all, but seeing other reports is not. Their latest report on the vaccine rollout is here:

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
This virus is to far gone and ingrained in the population. I think when the vulnerable are all vaccinated they should just open everything up. Herd immunity will be reached sooner if everyone who doubts the virus exists gets it.

Ikonguru

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox catechumen
Jurisdiction
Greek - Thyateira

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
There are "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" - Mark Twain
And then there's fake news, sloppily curated by the Daily Fail and its cohorts. But you're not a stranger to deception yourself, aight?

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
And then there's fake news, sloppily curated by the Daily Fail and its cohorts. But you're not a stranger to deception yourself, aight?
By "its cohorts" you must mean outlets like CNN, CBS, MSDNC, NBC, ABC, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and their cohorts. Some would even add The Guardian and the BBC. Or even Fox News.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
By "its cohorts" you must mean outlets like CNN, CBS, MSDNC, NBC, ABC, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and their cohorts. Some would even add The Guardian and the BBC. Or even Fox News.
Regarding science reporting in particular, you might find this helpful.

rakovsky

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
This virus is to far gone and ingrained in the population. I think when the vulnerable are all vaccinated they should just open everything up. Herd immunity will be reached sooner if everyone who doubts the virus exists gets it.
At least what you are saying is reasonable, except I would say "when the vulnerable who want a vax get it." If someone doesnt want a vax, that is their informed choice. And by now they have had that choice. This antifreedom show should be over and indeed should have been a long time ago.

idahoon1

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Christian
Hi, I've asked a simillar question - and to my surprise the question now is pending a moderation...

Here's the story: I can get a jab next week - but don't know what to do...

Some of our priests keep saying "go, get vaccinated" - but fathers in local monasteries are strongly against it.

I've heard that even in Athos there's no agreement on this issue...

People keep repeating gosips and stories about the mark of the beast, propecies, end of the world, etc....

And there is no official statement of the church, our priests say everyone must act in accordance with their own consciousness...

I can't visit a relative in a hospital unless I get a jab - but they are people saying that accepting unethically made drug is a serious sin....

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Hi, I've asked a simillar question - and to my surprise the question now is pending a moderation...

Some of our priests keep saying "go, get vaccinated" - but fathers in local monasteries are strongly against it.

People keep repeating gosips and stories about the mark of the beast, propecies, end of the world, etc....

And there is no official statement of the church, our priests say everyone must act in accordance with their own consciousness...

I can't visit a relative in a hospital unless I get a jab - but they are people saying that accepting unethically made drug is a serious sin....

Bible > NKJV > Romans 14
◄ Romans 14 ►
New King James Version Par ▾
The Law of Liberty
1Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

5One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; [a]and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of [c]Christ. 11For it is written:

“As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”

12So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13Therefore let us not judge one another [d]anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

The Law of Love
14I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18For he who serves Christ in [e]these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.

19Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may [f]edify another. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with [g]offense. 21It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles [h]or is offended or is made weak. 22Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is [j]sin.
The Holy Bible, New King James Version, Copyright © 1982 Thomas Nelson. All Bible Hub

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA

Many are struggling with you brother and asking the same questions. I don't have the answers. Im watching, waiting, praying. My mind is split in several areas, gravitating to my nursing training-I find myself advocating for the elderly or fragile in rural areas or in poor countries who do not have access, for the front line workers in poor countries. Then I swing around and think of my faith and what we are told to remain seperate from the world and its systems, then I think of my son going to college and dorms and those requirements, my daughter as a senior in high school. Do I keep her home and disrupt her ability to devop coping mechanisms in a world gone mad? Do I lose my job if it becomes mandatory? What if I bring in disease and death to my clients? What about this fetal cell line use? How far removed washes my hands clean? Have we sacrificed our (unborn) children to idols (ourselves, science, pleasure)? I'm a mess in all this too brother. I dont know. I stand back and wait and watch and pray. I do not judge anyone. I'm not going to tell anyone what they must do. I wish i could delete some older messages where I acted like I know something. I know nothing.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
It's not a sin to be a guinea pig.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Many are struggling with you brother and asking the same questions. I don't have the answers. Im watching, waiting, praying. My mind is split in several areas, gravitating to my nursing training-I find myself advocating for the elderly or fragile in rural areas or in poor countries who do not have access, for the front line workers in poor countries. Then I swing around and think of my faith and what we are told to remain seperate from the world and its systems, then I think of my son going to college and dorms and those requirements, my daughter as a senior in high school. Do I keep her home and disrupt her ability to devop coping mechanisms in a world gone mad? Do I lose my job if it becomes mandatory? What if I bring in disease and death to my clients? What about this fetal cell line use? How far removed washes my hands clean? Have we sacrificed our (unborn) children to idols (ourselves, science, pleasure)? I'm a mess in all this too brother. I dont know. I stand back and wait and watch and pray. I do not judge anyone. I'm not going to tell anyone what they must do. I wish i could delete some older messages where I acted like I know something. I know nothing.
I sympathize with you. However, I don't work and see few others, except for in church or at the store. I know just enough about medicine and vaccines and this virus to probably be dangerous (at least some here might think so, anyway :)). But I'll still take my chances without the vaccine. If there is something like a 99.6% survival rate (or close to that), that's good enough for me to refrain from being a guinea pig, ethical issues aside. And then there's the whole herd immunity, which we have probably reached in many places, issue. If it gets to the point where I MUST have the vaccine in order to even gain entry into a church or a store for supplies, I may have to re-think it. As I'm much, much closer to the grave than the cradle, there's probably not much chance of me suffering any currently unknown long-term effects of the vaccine. And, as I must die from something, sometime....

Status
Not open for further replies.