• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Corona Virus Vaccine Poll

Will You Be Taking or Have You Already Had The Corona Virus Vaccine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
My energy started coming back Tuesday evening and Wednesday. Today, my arm is slightly tender, but that is it. Unless something comes up, I will be visiting the folks Tuesday, May 4.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
J Michael, naked links are not permitted. You must quote something from the link to give readers an idea of what they're getting into. You have received 50 points for 2 weeks as a result. Please appeal via PM. Thanks. --Ainnir
This is a link to just one person's reasons for not taking the vaccine. It's long so I'm just giving the link: https://www.theburningplatform.com/2021/...d-vaccine/
I don’t know everything, but so far no one has been able to answer the objections below
So here are the reasons I’m opting out of the covid vaccine.
#1: VACCINE MAKERS ARE IMMUNE FROM LIABILITY
The only industry in the world that bears no liability for injuries or deaths resulting from their products, are vaccine makers.
I don't necessarily agree with everything he's written. But then I don't necessarily disagree, either. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of all the facts, stats, etc. he quotes and links. Read it, if you will, and draw your own conclusions.
Quote added in order to conform with forum rules. --Ainnir

Last edited by a moderator:

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
I don't necessarily agree with everything he's written. But then I don't necessarily disagree, either. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of all the facts, stats, etc. he quotes and links.
In short, you're signal-boosting it just to be inflammatory. Got it.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
In short, you're signal-boosting it just to be inflammatory. Got it.
Not really. If it makes you happier, I can re-word my comments. How 'bout, "I agree with much of what he's written. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of all the facts, stats, etc. he quotes and links." Is the inflammation subsiding now?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Not really. If it makes you happier, I can re-word my comments. How 'bout, "I agree with much of what he's written. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of all the facts, stats, etc. he quotes and links." Is the inflammation subsiding now?
Not really. How about 'I spent a lot of time reading this long piece, but didn't bother to click a couple of links to check if the author and/or his platform showed any signs of having the foggiest idea of what they were talking about. I don't care that the author is a professional predator with zero credentials who promises to restore health 'where all else has failed' through some nebulous (but natural!) means. I don't care that the blog that hosted his piece is a hot mess of pseudoscience, conspiracy theories, and white supremacy. The piece confirms my bias, and that's all that matters.' That would go a long way towards improving accuracy, at least.

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
At this point, there are no true "unbiased" media sources in existence. All news and media, whether apparently "right" or "left" is full of subtle distortions and propoganda. Every modern media outlet and publication is designed for pure profit. And they certainly all profit over this growing tribalism and division of people into "right" and "left". It's an illusion designed to dehumanize those we disagree with, keeping everyone in a state of perpetual outrage toward others. It leads eventually to violence and bloodshed. It's demonic.

We should all stop letting media hypnotize us, categorize us, and label us for their purposes. If we hold on to hate and unforgiveness in our hearts toward any individual or group, we can't be saved. Whether "vaxxers" or "ant-vaxxers", we are all children of God and will have to give account for our love or lack-therof. I whole-heartedly repent for my own role in creating or perpetuating division here amongst us.

Last edited:

Christos3

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
As more information from reputable scientists come out about the adverse effects of the vaccines, I regret getting the shot. Not just me, but my wife and teenage son. Up to getting the Vaxx we were all perfectly healthy, stupid to introduce an experimental medicine into our system. A process that can't be reversed.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
As more information from reputable scientists come out about the adverse effects of the vaccines, I regret getting the shot. Not just me, but my wife and teenage son. Up to getting the Vaxx we were all perfectly healthy, stupid to introduce an experimental medicine into our system. A process that can't be reversed.
There's no medicine in your system. All the vaccine components were broken down and eliminated some time ago. All you have left from it is immunity.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Not even this is proven.
It is certainly possible that it might wear off. So no worries. Even that effect is reversible, and the chance to cough and choke will return.

Luke

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
Update: I felt well Wednesday until Saturday afternoon. That evening I did not fell well. I do not know if it was because I was trying to just have water until the Saturday night Pascha service or if my second shot had anything to do with it. I had to postpone my Tuesday visit to the folks for a couple days but still visited their place yesterday. So, the shot may produce a little short-term inconvenience, but it was well worth it.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I'm leaning more toward getting it; I've started researching between the three. Ingredients, efficacy, etc.

Dominika

Merarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
My father has been already two weeks after 1st doze of Pfiezer. He is not so well, but frnakly, generally, he is not well, so it's very probable, it's not for vaccine.
But generally side-effects are commong around people I know that got vaccine. At online class professor of philosophy said us that he had reesigned from the 2nd doze since the 1st one had caused him huge problems. He told only about high pressure and numbness of the legs and hands, but he claimed he said only some part of it. What shocked me, that he is still encouraidng pepopel to get vaccined, hwoever under one condition: that you are totally health. And the problem is that you never know...

Other side effects are gout, neurological problems, huge headcheas and pain in other part of the body. Diziness it's even sth "classical".

So me and my mother still don't want any vaccine against corona.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
It is certainly possible that it might wear off. So no worries. Even that effect is reversible, and the chance to cough and choke will return.
Thank God.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
a smoking flax He won't quench
Jurisdiction
World
Thank heavens

For little girls.
For without them, what would little boys do?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
Thank heavens

For little girls.
For without them, what would little boys do?
Complain about each other's cooties, probably.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
World
FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2021
Good News from His Eminence Metropolitan JOSEPH

DOWNLOAD the PDF
May 14, 2021
Christ is Risen!
I pray you and your parishes had a blessed Pascha and Bright Week. In light of the announcement by the CDC yesterday saying that people who have been vaccinated no longer need to wear masks and social distance, whether indoors or outdoors, and in light of the reality that most every adult who wants to be vaccinated has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, we are lifting all requirements to wear masks and social distance in our churches in the United States of America.

Christos3

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
We are "officially" ditching masks next week (not that I ever wear one anyway). But nice for those that have been playing by the rules.

Now we have two dynamics:
1. Those fearful of the vaccine and won't get vaccinated until they are comfortable (will they or won't they wear a mask)
2. And those that are vaxxed that for some unknown reason continue to mask up. They don't realize that the same organization that told them to mask up is the same one telling you it's ok to take them off.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
World
FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2021
Good News from His Eminence Metropolitan JOSEPH
May 14, 2021
Christ is Risen!
....... Nevertheless, those who choose to continue wearing masks in the church should not be discouraged IN ANY WAY from doing so. The only thing we ask is that if you have any high risk people in your parishes who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons that you make every effort to accommodate them by having a small area of the church, where they can still social distance and wear masks, set aside in order for them to feel safe.

People have reasons why. Maybe they are immunocompromised, or a loved one is. Maybe they found it helps with allergies. Maybe they dont agree with the lastest announcement and are cautious. Maybe it provides a sweet social barrier and people dont expect them to chit chat with a mask so they are free to just shop n go, errands n go, or church n go.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
They don't realize that the same organization that told them to mask up is the same one telling you it's ok to take them off.
'It's okay to do it' is not the same as 'You have to do it'.

I'll keep masking for the foreseeable future. I've enjoyed an entire year without as much as a sneeze, whether from a cold, flu, or hayfever. I'd be stupid to ditch a protection that works.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
World
Im going to keep masking for a while. For several reasons listed above.

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
Employers and Universities who mandate EUA (Emergency Use Authorized) vaccines are breaking U.S. federal law. EUA vaccines are legally classified as experimental and cannot be mandated.

Christos3

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
That terrible Dr. Fauci finally came to his senses and said those who are vaccinated don't need to wear masks.

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
That terrible Dr. Fauci finally came to his senses and said those who are vaccinated don't need to wear masks.
A "scientist" who changes his guidelines with the winds of shifting popular opinion.

Richmond

Reaction score
Faith
Confused Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Employers and Universities who mandate EUA (Emergency Use Authorized) vaccines are breaking U.S. federal law. EUA vaccines are legally classified as experimental and cannot be mandated.
It's also a violation of the Nuremburg Code. No one should be coerced into being an experimental test subject.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
It's also a violation of the Nuremburg Code. No one should be coerced into being an experimental test subject.
In a pandemic, everyone is part of the experiment. You just volunteered for the control group, is all.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Yes, not to choose is always a choice, isn't it? That's a little different though from being coerced into doing or not doing something.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Employers may also hit a speed bump when it comes to mandating vaccines as a requirement for work:

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
World

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
World
Thank you for this too! Its important that we are informed in legal areas as well.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Im going to keep masking for a while. For several reasons listed above.
I'm going to wear my mask as little as possible...just as I have since the beginning. Other than possibly having Covid in Jan. of 2020 (prior to official recognition of a "pandemic"), no colds, no flu, etc. since then. Luckily we were never mandated here to wear masks outdoors (where Covid seems not to spread anyway). I've only worn a mask indoors on premises that require them for entry.

We no longer have to wear them in church, thanks be to God! And while businesses may choose to continue to require them, they are now voluntary. If anyone wants to wear a mask that's their choice. If someone who is fully vaccinated still chooses to wear a mask, well...I don't get it, but their choice nonetheless.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
World
I'm grateful I have a choice.
I dont wear one outdoors and haven't worn one outdoors since forever. When I get near people the mask is on. Each of our situations is different and we each have a unique way of working out what's best for our own lives and loved ones. Praise God for His grace in all things!

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
I wish everyone would just be kind to each other... whether you wear a mask, or not.... whether you got the vaccine or not.

This situation should not divide us.

People have reasons for vaccinating, and people have reasons for not. People have reasons for masking, while others have reasons to unmask.
It is their choice.

I know people who have been vaccinated and had no worse side effect than a sore arm... and I know people who have become horribly ill from the vaccine, and wish they never got it. Some have become completely paralyzed... with no sign of stroke... their legs just refuse to move. Some have developed pancreatitis, with no underlying cause, while others have come down with COVID, even post inoculation.

I also work (worked) with a gentleman who wishes he had gotten the vaccine, as COVID had him hospitalized for a month, and now he is so fatigued he cannot take 5 steps without resting... and must be constantly on O2.

There is no "win" here. The only win would have been if this virus never existed... but, then we would still not be grateful, because we would not realize we were spared from something horrendous.

Dominika

Merarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
In Polish "Photo for passport, please". Hope it's just overexaggeration.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
In Polish "Photo for passport, please". Hope it's just overexaggeration.

Some countries have instituted the US of such passports (more like certifications), even digital ones. Idk if a picture with a needle in arm is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.