• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Coronavirus and the beginning of the tribulation

SolEX01

Toumarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
13,881
Reaction score
35
Points
48
Location
Central Maryland
Website
www.goarch.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Jersey
Just thinking out loud, kindly bear with me.  :)

Since the coronavirus pandemic is affecting every country on Earth, I wonder if it's the first sign of the coming apocalypse.  If you look at the top 3 states affected: Washington is the home of Amazon (the mark of the beast in order to buy and sell) and Microsoft; New York is the home of Trump (charismatic leader who's trying to make peace in Israel); and California is the home of Facebook (who's trying to introduce a digital currency), Google (rival of God), and Hollywood.  If you look at the European countries like Italy and Spain, they are secular countries as religion has taken a back seat (especially with Italy, home to the Vatican).  As the world integrates around coronavirus (and to my knowledge, there are no signs of miraculous cures from coronavirus or resurrections from the dead), could we see the Anti-Christ especially if he makes peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

Or have I been watching too much Dr. Jack van Impe?

Lord have mercy.
 

Luke

Merarches
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
8,023
Reaction score
461
Points
83
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
Only the Father knows when the Lord will return.  It could be tonight; it could be a couple billion years from now.  Until then, pray, read spiritual readings like Scripture and writings by the saints.
 

SolEX01

Toumarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
13,881
Reaction score
35
Points
48
Location
Central Maryland
Website
www.goarch.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Jersey
Leave it to CNN to debunk religion.

But some who study religion and prophecies for a living say it's time for these social media prophets and psychics to take a self-enforced quarantine. Doomsayers are harming peoples' spiritual and psychological health, they say.

They're also claiming knowledge that even the most revered figures in religion didn't dare assume. Whenever Ulrich Lehner, a Catholic theologian at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana, comes across a social media preacher warning that Covid-19 means the end of the world is near, he's tempted to tweet back this response: "Matthew 24:36."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/world/doomsday-prophets-coronavirus-blake/index.html
 

Dominika

Merarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Dec 23, 2011
Messages
8,293
Reaction score
626
Points
113
Age
30
Location
Poland
Website
www.youtube.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
I see it's a realisation of big plan, and it's next step after revolutions in some countries like Lebanon, Czechia, Montenegro last months...
Plus Pascha is endangered. And saints were saying that there would be year Pascha being celebrated not in proper time. I wonder if it may apply to this situation that in most of places it may be not celebrated with people (and Liturgy without people doesn't make any sense). I think even during the bolshevism - communism and world wars in some places Pascha were celebrated by some people. And of course it's not about rituals, but living the most importatn events of our Salvation.
 

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
4,527
Reaction score
228
Points
63
Age
70
Location
Oceanside, California
SolEX01 said:
Leave it to CNN to debunk religion.

But some who study religion and prophecies for a living say it's time for these social media prophets and psychics to take a self-enforced quarantine. Doomsayers are harming peoples' spiritual and psychological health, they say.

They're also claiming knowledge that even the most revered figures in religion didn't dare assume. Whenever Ulrich Lehner, a Catholic theologian at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana, comes across a social media preacher warning that Covid-19 means the end of the world is near, he's tempted to tweet back this response: "Matthew 24:36."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/world/doomsday-prophets-coronavirus-blake/index.html
I read it and saw no debunking of religion. What are you referring to?
 

SolEX01

Toumarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
13,881
Reaction score
35
Points
48
Location
Central Maryland
Website
www.goarch.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Jersey
Opus118 said:
SolEX01 said:
Leave it to CNN to debunk religion.

But some who study religion and prophecies for a living say it's time for these social media prophets and psychics to take a self-enforced quarantine. Doomsayers are harming peoples' spiritual and psychological health, they say.

They're also claiming knowledge that even the most revered figures in religion didn't dare assume. Whenever Ulrich Lehner, a Catholic theologian at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana, comes across a social media preacher warning that Covid-19 means the end of the world is near, he's tempted to tweet back this response: "Matthew 24:36."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/world/doomsday-prophets-coronavirus-blake/index.html
I read it and saw no debunking of religion. What are you referring to?
The excerpt from what I quoted.  I call it a debunking of religion.  Regardless of what Matthew 24:36 says, unless this virus magically goes away and spares us the shutdown of the world, we're at the start of the tribulation.
 

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
5,559
Reaction score
261
Points
83
Location
wilderness
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
SolEX01 said:
Opus118 said:
SolEX01 said:
Leave it to CNN to debunk religion.

But some who study religion and prophecies for a living say it's time for these social media prophets and psychics to take a self-enforced quarantine. Doomsayers are harming peoples' spiritual and psychological health, they say.

They're also claiming knowledge that even the most revered figures in religion didn't dare assume. Whenever Ulrich Lehner, a Catholic theologian at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana, comes across a social media preacher warning that Covid-19 means the end of the world is near, he's tempted to tweet back this response: "Matthew 24:36."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/world/doomsday-prophets-coronavirus-blake/index.html
I read it and saw no debunking of religion. What are you referring to?
The excerpt from what I quoted.  I call it a debunking of religion.  Regardless of what Matthew 24:36 says, unless this virus magically goes away and spares us the shutdown of the world, we're at the start of the tribulation.
One never knows, but we should remain vigilant. I'm more concerned with Trump's son in law then with DT. JK.
He is directly involved in the Israel peace deal. Also owned the 666 building on fifth ave. Manhattan. Which was recently sold. Still In his 30's
 

SolEX01

Toumarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
13,881
Reaction score
35
Points
48
Location
Central Maryland
Website
www.goarch.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Jersey

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
22,158
Reaction score
413
Points
83
Age
41
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
We're in the age of the tribulation since Pentecost.  We should only worry about the end-times in the sense of "My end may come at any moment - am I ready for it?"  End of the world is meaningless in this sense - either the world is ending (and my earthly life will, too), or it is not ending but my earthly life may be ending anyway. 
 

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
5,559
Reaction score
261
Points
83
Location
wilderness
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
Fr. George said:
We're in the age of the tribulation since Pentecost.  We should only worry about the end-times in the sense of "My end may come at any moment - am I ready for it?"  End of the world is meaningless in this sense - either the world is ending (and my earthly life will, too), or it is not ending but my earthly life may be ending anyway.
Hello father and hope everyone is well.
There is a lot of truth to your words. Yet if someone decides to repent now. They cant in theory receive the eucharist since it isn't open to the general public. So in this scenario.  The church has become an obstruction in a sense.  It is the Easter lent after all.
 

mikeforjesus

Protokentarchos
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
3,760
Reaction score
6
Points
38
SolEX01 said:
Just thinking out loud, kindly bear with me.  :)

Since the coronavirus pandemic is affecting every country on Earth, I wonder if it's the first sign of the coming apocalypse.  If you look at the top 3 states affected: Washington is the home of Amazon (the mark of the beast in order to buy and sell) and Microsoft; New York is the home of Trump (charismatic leader who's trying to make peace in Israel); and California is the home of Facebook (who's trying to introduce a digital currency), Google (rival of God), and Hollywood.  If you look at the European countries like Italy and Spain, they are secular countries as religion has taken a back seat (especially with Italy, home to the Vatican).  As the world integrates around coronavirus (and to my knowledge, there are no signs of miraculous cures from coronavirus or resurrections from the dead), could we see the Anti-Christ especially if he makes peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

Or have I been watching too much Dr. Jack van Impe?

Lord have mercy.
You are awake wish I was prepared and can wake up to be aware of what the players in the satanic world order could be or who they actually are or what they are doing. I hope no one stumbles from my going back to church and that God strengthens the faith of the believers I may just go to church to be convinced but if it does not convince me I hold all believers can be saved unless the sacraments convince me
 

Justin Kolodziej

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
1,552
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
43
Faith
Kierkegaardian absurdity
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of Atlanta
Well I have 4 chances to get to my (current) parish before I leave town now, so it's slightly less apocalyptic than advertised.
 
Top