• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

CSB Ancient Faith Study Bible - 09/1/2019

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Paging Agabus...

CSB Ancient Faith Study Bible, Brown Cloth-Over-Board
https://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/products/csb-ancient-faith-study-bible/

The CSB Ancient Faith Study Bible features study notes and commentary from the writings of the church fathers of the second through fifth centuries to help you understand and apply their rich, biblical insights to your life today. Also included are “Twisted Truth” call-outs describing where some ancient thinkers drifted from orthodoxy, over 25 feature articles highlighting a key selection from one of the early church fathers on an essential Christian truth, and biographies of 25 of the most influential patristic church fathers.

Includes commentary and writings from: Irenaeus of Lyons, Origen, Justin Martyr, Tertullian, Clement of Alexandria, Ambrose of Milan, Augustine of Hippo, Athanasius of Alexandria, John Chrysostom, Jerome, the Cappadocian Fathers, and more.

Features include: Study notes from the early church, exclusive feature articles, profiles of patristic fathers, “Twisted Truth” call-outs, author index to easily find commentary from individual church fathers, presentation page, book introductions, two-column text, 10.25-point type size, 8-point study notes, black-letter text, smyth-sewn binding, ribbon marker, full-color maps, and more.

Publish date: 09/01/2019

Rubricnigel

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, $50 is reasonable as well.

I will definitely buy this in 6 months :(

Good find, thanks.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
lol, at first glance I read this as "CBS Ancient Faith Study Bible."

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Oddly Ancient Faith just put out their own edition of the Orthodox Study Bible. Do I smell a trademark war in the wind?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No peep that I can see as to whether it includes Apocrypha. And those 'Twisted Truth call-outs' raise my hackles to the point where I wouldn't buy without a chance to look inside first.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Arachne said:
No peep that I can see as to whether it includes Apocrypha. And those 'Twisted Truth call-outs' raise my hackles to the point where I wouldn't buy without a chance to look inside first.
From what I've heard they're all towards guys like Marcion and Arius. But that's secondhand.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I just imagine that every time I turn the page to a Twisted Truth Call-Out! a cacophony of screams and flashing lights fills the room and Pee-Wee Herman emerges to explain the heresy.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
I just imagine that every time I turn the page to a Twisted Truth Call-Out! a cacophony of screams and flashing lights fills the room and Pee-Wee Herman emerges to explain the heresy.
Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney There Was No Time When the Son Was Not!

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
lol, at first glance I read this as "CBS Ancient Faith Study Bible."
Sadly, it would have a better chance of including the apocrypha if it was...

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Sethrak said:
Do any have a copy of: Strongs Exhaustive Concordance
I used to, but since it's all available online now I never re-bought a copy

Rubricnigel

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
Iconodule said:
Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney There Was No Time When the Son Was Not!
I had a perfect mental image of that....lol